Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (07/06/2021)  (Read 87408 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (05/31/2016)
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2016, 06:02:28 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates. There should be the first stage 2 release this weekend. The release will include the updated Class System, with the Spell and Feat SubSystems also included. A ReadMe will also be included detailing all of the uses and capabilities of these systems.

As an example there will also be a set of files included with 5 classes, 15 spells/abilities, and 12 feats. The example classes are (warrior, priest, mage, rogue, and archer) and each class has three unique spells/abilities while the feats are shared across multiple classes.

I may be forced to rearrange some of the release schedule since the wrapper script plays such a crucial role in the Spell SubSystem, and it is currently in a practically unusable state.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (07/05/2016)
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

A couple weeks behind schedule, but the update is out. The Class System along with Spell and Feat SubSystems is now included in my collection. Note that the ReadMe is still being worked on and will be included at a later time, but working examples of the entire system and subsystems are included. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2016, 11:23:29 am »

A couple weeks behind schedule, but the update is out. The Class System along with Spell and Feat SubSystems is now included in my collection. Note that the ReadMe is still being worked on and will be included at a later time, but working examples of the entire system and subsystems are included. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Nice. I'll check it out later.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2016, 07:02:48 pm »

Alright, so wrapping up my next release (which will also have a couple extra scripts that I created for Meph to use) and I am following up from the discussion from this thread. Basically how to go about adding more customization options to entities. My old entity/resource-change script was very narrow in that it checked a very strict list of requirements, want to add something to the INORGANIC:METAL resource? It has to have the [IS_METAL] flag. Now I have removed all of those checks (just commented out so they can be easily placed back in if needed), this means you could theoretically add DWARF:BONE to the INORGANIC:METAL table, now I have no idea what affect this would have on the game, but I figured if people wanted they could play around with it (you can even add INORGANIC:GRANITE to the food table, haven't tested if they will eat granite then, or maybe use it in cooking, I somehow doubt it, but maybe?

Also following that thread, I have added the ability to determine specific products materials. You can have a civ that only makes weapons out of steel, ammo out of silver, and armor out of iron or whatever you want. Similar with crafts, barrels, flasks, quivers, backpacks, and cages. Again, I have no idea what affects these changes will have in game since I haven't been able to test them, but the changes are correctly being made to the correct tables.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2016, 06:46:57 am »

If you make MEAT:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE it will rot and act like meat. If you make DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE you get magma in a barrel, and dwarves will treat it as booze and drink it. It wont even kill them.

Alright, so wrapping up my next release (which will also have a couple extra scripts that I created for Meph to use)
:D Thank you
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:57 pm »

Hey, how exactly do I install your scripts? As in, where do I put each folder? Does the scripts folder go inside /raw , for instance?

EDIT: I think I figured it out.

EDIT 2: If I might make a request, could you allow for classes to also do personality, transformations and size changes?

EDIT 3: What is the correct syntax for AUTO_UPGRADE? [AUTO_UPGRADE:CLASSNAME]? [AUTO_UPGRADE:CLASSNAME:LEVEL]? Also, do feats work? I hope I am not being a bother, but this is not covered in the read me file.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:21:14 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:15 am »

Roses, your ReadMe file says that to set up the classes system, I need to run classes_setup.py ... but there is no such file in your download.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2016, 01:38:37 pm »

Yes, sorry. That ReadMe is out of date. l shouldn't have included it with the package. Everything you need for the class system is in the following files

• systems/Classes/classes.txt - This is where all of the classes are defined
  • systems/Classes/feats.txt - This is where all the feats are defined (not needed unless also using the Feats SubSystem)
  • systems/Classes/spells.txt - This is where the spells are defined (not needed unless also using the Spells SubSystem)
  • objects/inorganic_class_names.txt - This is where the syndromes that are applied to classes are. You must have one syndrome per class
  • objects/inorganic_spells_learn.txt - This is where the syndromes for learning the spells are. You must have one syndrome per spell
  • objects/interaction_spells.txt - This is where the interactions are defined for the spells
  • Plus the entire scripts/ folder

To use the system all you need are the above files, and then put
Code: [Select]
base/roses-init -classSystem [ Feats Spells ]In our onLoad.init file. You can then use the following scripts to utilize the system
  • classes/add-experience
  • classes/change-class
  • classes/add-feat
  • classes/learn-skill
  • classes/level-up

Sorry I have yet to make a proper ReadMe. I hope this at least helps a little. Now to answer your questions

Hey, how exactly do I install your scripts? As in, where do I put each folder? Does the scripts folder go inside /raw , for instance?

EDIT: I think I figured it out.
Yes, the scripts folder goes inside the /raw folder.

EDIT 2: If I might make a request, could you allow for classes to also do personality, transformations and size changes?
I can add that to the system, but it is sort of already possible. In the file inorganic_class_names.txt, along with the [CE_DISPLAY_NAME] syndrome effect you can add any other syndrome effects you want. For example, instead of
[SYNDROME]
  [SYN_NAME:WARRIOR]
  [SYN_CLASS:CLASS_NAME]
  [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:warrior:warriors:warrior:START:0]
You can put
[SYNDROME]
  [SYN_NAME:WARRIOR]
  [SYN_CLASS:CLASS_NAME]
  [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:warrior:warriors:warrior:START:0]
  [CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:200]

EDIT 3: What is the correct syntax for AUTO_UPGRADE? [AUTO_UPGRADE:CLASSNAME]? [AUTO_UPGRADE:CLASSNAME:LEVEL]? Also, do feats work? I hope I am not being a bother, but this is not covered in the read me file.
You are not being a bother at all, it is my fault for not making an updated ReadMe. Yes feats work, and the correct syntax is [AUTO_UPGRADE:CLASSNAME], one your class reaches the max level of that class it will automatically change classes to the auto upgrade one.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. It will drive me to get this ReadMe done with (and to get the next release out, which I really should have done already!)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2016, 04:45:02 pm »

I don't know how possible, or practical, this is so disregard if that's the case, but could you make it so that there's an option to use creature materials when it comes to the names and spells? The reason for this is that any inorganic, regardless if it has [SPECIAL] or any other token, can be picked as the material for a worldgen slab, resulting in weird stuff like "warrior name slab".

I thought of a workaround this (namely, making the inorganic a copy of a vanilla one minus the environment), but the would avoid some trouble.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2016, 05:02:13 pm »

I don't know how possible, or practical, this is so disregard if that's the case, but could you make it so that there's an option to use creature materials when it comes to the names and spells? The reason for this is that any inorganic, regardless if it has [SPECIAL] or any other token, can be picked as the material for a worldgen slab, resulting in weird stuff like "warrior name slab".

I thought of a workaround this (namely, making the inorganic a copy of a vanilla one minus the environment), but the would avoid some trouble.
Any STONE_TEMPLATE using inorganic is being used for slabs as far as I know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »

Any STONE_TEMPLATE using inorganic is being used for slabs as far as I know.
If that's the case, it makes things far easier. Ignore my request then.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2016, 03:33:41 pm »

Technically the class names and spells and things are all based on syndrome names. This means you can theoretically put all of the syndromes on a single inorganic or even a creatures materials (as far as I know modtools/add-syndrome doesn't have a problem with that).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:29 pm »

Is it possible to restrict classes to specific creature classes? Or to prevent creatures with specific syn classes from having them, like with regular interactions?

If not, could you add that possibility? I want specific castes of a creature (representing their nobles) to rise through tiers of knighthood (which will use your system), but prevent other castes (peasants) or creatures from doing the same.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »

Is it possible to restrict classes to specific creature classes? Or to prevent creatures with specific syn classes from having them, like with regular interactions?

If not, could you add that possibility? I want specific castes of a creature (representing their nobles) to rise through tiers of knighthood (which will use your system), but prevent other castes (peasants) or creatures from doing the same.

[REQUIREMENT_CREATURE:CREATURE_NAME:CASTE_NAME] can be used to restrict it to a specific caste of a creature. I can add the ability to restrict it to certain creature classes and syndrome classes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2016, 02:20:56 pm »

[REQUIREMENT_CREATURE:CREATURE_NAME:CASTE_NAME] can be used to restrict it to a specific caste of a creature. I can add the ability to restrict it to certain creature classes and syndrome classes.
While caste restriction works for me, it would be nice if you could add creature classes and syndrome classes if you have the time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24