Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (07/06/2021)  (Read 87504 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (11/13/2018)
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2019, 02:18:32 pm »

New update, added orientation and more relationship info to the main page, and added a whole relationship page that provides more details (think the default relationship page, but more information). Here is the updated main page, and also the newest version of the personality page. Note that I am not entirely happy with the current appearance thing on the main page, but I haven't finished setting up the logic to create sentences out of the information, so for now it is just there to remind me to do that.

Spoiler: Main Page (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personality Page (click to show/hide)

Is there any other information people would like seeing on the main page or any of the others? I've set up the UI so that it is super easy to add information and move it around by using tables like
Code: [Select]
               ['main']             = {
                        num_cols = 3,
                        num_rows = 3,
col_pads = 4,
row_pads = 1,
widths   = {{40,40,40},
            {40,40,40},
    {40,40,40}},
heights  = {{6, 10,60},
            {10,10, 0},
    {10,10, 0}},
fill     = {'BaseInfo','Description','AppearanceBasic',
    'WorshipBasic','HealthBasic',nil,
    'RelationshipsBasic','AttributesBasic',nil}},

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2019, 06:51:02 pm »

Once you get around to adding skills, could there be an indicator whether or not the associated labor is active? Might be kind of useful, IDK.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:55:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2019, 08:06:38 pm »

Once you get around to adding skills, could there be an indicator whether or not the associated labor is active? Might be kind of useful, IDK.

There are a list of current skills in the details screen shown here. But I can easily add a mark next to each skill that is currently active

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2019, 04:15:00 pm »

So I just realized I have been providing updates here, but not actually updating my git repo... that's not very useful. So I just updated the git repo, to use the detailed unit viewer just select a unit and type gui/duv. You can also test out the first iterations of the new journal feature by using gui/journal.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (01/14/2019)
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »

I made a slight change to the main screen of the DUV, instead of having the subscreens listed on the bottom, the keys needed to access them are a part of the header. For instance, to access the detailed attributes screen you would press 'SHIFT_A' (the A in Attributes is highlighted). In addition I added the ability to add extra scripts on the bottom (where the subscreens used to be). As seen in the picture you can press 1 to access the gui/gm-editor for the unit you have selected. Additional extra scripts can be called and will have numbers 2-9
Spoiler: DUV Main (click to show/hide)

I've also started working on the Journal/Compendium, it uses all the same features as the DUV just access different information (mostly df.global.world.raws). All the currently listed entries are working, but I haven't written the needed information to turn the raws they generate in to usable text. Luckily I already had a version running before with most of the information needed so it shouldn't be too hard to get it working (minus the picture, I've given up on that for now)
Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Previous Bestiary (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2019, 03:06:57 pm »

So I am getting close to finished with the detailed unit viewer (at least as a first pass). Below is a basic walkthrough of the viewer and what the various screens look like. (Note the Health entry on the main screen and the detailed Health view are both giving some troubles at the moment)

Selecting a unit and running gui/duv will give you the main view screen
Spoiler: Main View (click to show/hide)
This has most of the information the is visible in the default unit view screen, with a couple additions and a couple subtractions. Each header has a corresponding detailed view screen.

Hitting 'p' on the main screen takes you to the detailed appearance screen. This screen is currently set up as a list of body parts and their modifiers.
Spoiler: Appearance Details (click to show/hide)
By default the string values of the modifiers are displayed. You can also display the actual in game number value and the bin it fits in based on the creature raws.

Hitting 'A' or 'S' on the main screen takes you to the detailed attributes and skills view screen. Attributes are split into Physical and Mental (and Custom if you are using my other scripts and tracking custom attributes). Skills are broken into multiple parts. The top level are the labors, these display even if the unit has 0 experience in the skill. Then it will display skills broken into Crafting, Farming, Gathering, Social, Military, Performance, Science/Magic, and Other. The exact skills in each category are defined in functions/text. These categories will only display skills that the unit actually has experience in. (The screen also displays Stats and Resistances if you are using them from my other scripts)

Hitting 'P' on the main screen gives you the personality screen. This displays the Thoughts, Preferences, Values, Traits, and Focus of the unit.
Spoiler: Personality Details (click to show/hide)
By default the strings associated with each are displayed, but you can also look at the individual numbers and details
Note that almost all of this information is from Patrik Lundell's thoughts script and I haven't fully ported the functions needed to accurately fill out the thoughts, hence the [] in the thoughts section.

Hitting 'R' on the main screen gives you the detailed relationship screen. Currently the display is very lacking, but I plan on breaking it into sections including ones for family, friends, grudges, master/apprentices, and possibly more.
Spoiler: Relationship Details (click to show/hide)

Lastly, hitting 'D' on the main screen takes you to the Journal entry for the creature (Journal is currently empty, but it does take you to the correct page, just doesn't display anything).

All of the strings in the viewer are easily editable and all found in functions/text (e.g. If you want someone with a large strength to have 'herculean strength' instead of being 'unbelievably strong' you just need to change the corresponding string entry). The color profile is also easily editable with Tab cycling through any available color profiles found in functions/gui (currently there are only two DEFAULT, the one shown, and WHITE, where everything is just white).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:52 pm »

Are you going to add color coding to the Values and Traits (numbers) based on which range they're in? (Or rather, is it possible to setup using the UI config?)

Is there a view that has labor selection, so you don't have to [v]iew the unit or find them in Dwarf Therapist / Manipulator?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2019, 08:21:58 pm »

Are you going to add color coding to the Values and Traits (numbers) based on which range they're in? (Or rather, is it possible to setup using the UI config?)

Is there a view that has labor selection, so you don't have to [v]iew the unit or find them in Dwarf Therapist / Manipulator?

Yes, color coding by ranges is basically implemented, just haven't picked the colors for the different ranges yet (they are all set to COLOR_LIGHTGREEN right now, once I change that they will show up correctly)

The labors are listed in two places, the Skills subsection on the main view has the current list of enabled labors just by name, the Skills subsection on the detailed Attribute/Skill view has the current list of enabled labors and the level/experience of the particular labor. I should say that these are the labors associated with skills, maybe I should put a separate list on the main page that has all currently enabled labors, not just the skill based ones. That would probably be more helpful. Then you could see if they have hauling enabled and such

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »

But can you toggle the labors somewhere convenient?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2019, 12:30:17 pm »

But can you toggle the labors somewhere convenient?

Ah, you want to be able to edit which labors are active, I misunderstood. Currently this is a viewer only. I do plan on making it possible to make edits to the unit down the road. The easiest way to change them in the current version is to hit '1' to enter the gui/gm-editor and go to status.labors.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2019, 04:33:50 pm »

So I have an initial pass of the wound information now working. It tracks the damage from the body_part_status but doesn't currently use the layer information to determine if the skin is bruised vs dented vs etc... So it just reads, "the skin is damaged"
Spoiler: Main View (click to show/hide)

The detailed view currently just tracks some of the numbers of the wound, I still need to play around with what information is best for this.
Spoiler: Health View (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (01/29/2019)
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:41 am »

Uploaded a new version to github with the recent unit viewer changes as well as a preliminary changes to the journal. Is there any more information people would like to see from the unit viewer? I realized I should put a 'measurements' section on the main screen that gives you height, weight, speed, etc... And I should also make an inventory screen. Other than that I think I will be pretty much done with the unit viewer for now as I want to get the journal up to the same level, after that I can go back to both to polish them off more. Unfortunately right now the unit viewer and journal are not stand alone as they use functions in other scripts I have written, but please feel free to try it out.

Speaking of the journal, what sort of information do people expect to see for things like a creature or item compendium? Right now for creatures I have things like Biomes, Habitats (e.g. AMPHIBIOUS and SAVAGE), Active times (e.g. NOCTURNAL), Products (e.g. silk, cow's milk, venom, etc...), Attacks, Interactions, and some numbers (e.g. max age, gait speed, frequency, size information, etc...).

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2019, 05:02:26 pm »

Update on the journal, got it working fairly well with the vanilla raws, so I decided to test it out on Masterwork DF. Below you can see the main page and three of the subpages, still need to figure out the exact organization I am going to use for everything and which information should be displayed but it's a start. And even with the thousands of creatures and reactions and materials it still only takes about a second to load, which is pretty good I think.

Spoiler: Main (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:14 pm »

Continuing to work on the journal and compendium gui

I've added a list of reactions to each building
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Creatures still need a lot of work (there is a lot of information to display) creature name and caste name are now colored according to the raws
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Inorganics are pretty much done, you can tell which environment it is from, if it from a specific ore, if it has ore concentrations, and if it is created through an alloying reaction. If the inorganic material has a syndrome attached to it that will also show up
Spoiler: Inorganics (click to show/hide)

Plants show materials, products and growths. As well as biome and grow information, not sure all those numbers for trees are actually useful, but for now they are there.
Spoiler: Plants (click to show/hide)

Products show the basic material information, it's uses, and where it is from. The organic materials tab shows the same thing, except it also includes the material strengths as those are important for wood and leather and such, but not really that important for cheese, dyes, etc...
Spoiler: Products (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:48 pm »

Two bits of good news
1) I was able to get an image of the building itself into the Journal as you can see here
Spoiler: Journal-Buildings (click to show/hide)

2) What you also see is that this particular building is a multistory building. In this case there are 10 levels. All of which are accessible, with working stairs and floors. Here are four of the 10 floors with units moving around on them. You can even give each floor it's own reactions and everything. Then all you do is build the ground building and it constructs all the other buildings. (At least it will once I figure out why my onBuildingCreatedDestroyed eventful trigger stopped working). There are some limitations with what it can do right now, like stairs need to be stacked on top of eachother (they are all in the center for this building), buildings are stacked through the center so cool shapes aren't implemented yet, and to ensure no trees or anything get in the way everything in the building cube is erased (the tiles, not creatures or items).
Spoiler: MultiStory Building (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24