Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Upgrade Mod: v0.01 - For better sieges without any other raw changes  (Read 1194 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I created this mod for two purposes:
a) To increase the rate of sieges by vanilla races (ie goblins)
b) To ensure that vanilla sieges remain a threat even after historical figures have all been killed.

If you are looking for solutions to these problems, this is the mod for you! Just drag and drop the files into the raw/objects folder and generate a new world. Make sure you're playing on settings that generate at least 17 civilizations.

However, I need your help to see if the tags I added are working correctly, so any and all feedback regarding difficulty, enemy arrival, and stability of threat level are welcomed and greatly desired!

Specifically, if you get attacked, please post the year and season of the first attack, and if you get attacked again, of the second attack.

What I did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:55:14 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Suggestion: Siege-triggers go from 1-5, so maybe make 5 tiers of goblin invaders; ranking their access to material and natural combat skills along with their trigger number. Those with 1 are very easy, 2 are easy, 3 are normal, 4 are hard, 5 are very hard. That way you get more dificult sieges later on.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Suggestion: Siege-triggers go from 1-5, so maybe make 5 tiers of goblin invaders; ranking their access to material and natural combat skills along with their trigger number. Those with 1 are very easy, 2 are easy, 3 are normal, 4 are hard, 5 are very hard. That way you get more dificult sieges later on.

I am not confident in the triggers to force sufficiently early invasions to merit 5 tiers. I could still implement tiers though, assuming there is sufficient interest in developing the mod.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod