Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Absolute lamest/weirdest randomly generated monster  (Read 3434 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Absolute lamest/weirdest randomly generated monster
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

As the title says, what is the lamest or weirdest titan/night creature/forgotten beast/demon you've had in your world? Doesn't necessarily have to be appearance only, it can be in the historical context of your world.

In my case, in legends viewer I've seen the only dead demon in my world was named Baitslunk the Deceiver of Snails. That title couldn't have been more unfitting:

A demon. Killed by an unnamed giant snail. What even.

What made it even funnier was the description of it in the in-game legends mode:

It was one of those fabled ass demons with deadly gas.

FruitBird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute lamest/weirdest randomly generated monster
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:02:06 pm »

"the Forgotten Beast Walathramad has come! A huge snail composed of solid salt. It has wings and it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly spittle!"
Realistically the moment it appeared on the map it should have melted.
I love this game...
"is this a game or are you trying to describe quantum physics to me holy shit" Friends reaction to me describing DF

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:21 pm »

I got a beast once that was a limbless ball of mud with a spiral shell. It had webs though, and I was able to trap it with a chicken in a 1x1 fortification to farm its silk for a good while before the bird scratched it to death.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:41 am »

I had a beast that was a scarab made of vomit, that had deadly spittle.  Basically it flung pieces of itself at attackers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26:56 am »

I think my worst has to be one I recently posted about in the What's Going On In Your Fort thread:

A giant firefly composed of steam, with a long trunk and a deadly sting,  came to visit. It spent a week kicking a hungry head in the...head...while the militia traveled down to the third cavern. Once they got there, my valiant militia commander stopped to put the poor hungry head out of its misery before lightly tapping the giant firefly. That tap reminded the beast that steam has no structural integrity and it dissolved into nothingness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »

A skin-less burning slug made of ash that drank blood...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 04:24:53 am »

Honestly, I think this one kind of speaks for itself.

(For those that can't load the image for whatever reason: "An enormous one-eyed serpent. It has large mandibles and it appears to be emaciated. Its dark chestnut scales are oval-shaped and set far apart. Beware its webs!")

...It's a giant, one-eyed, brown, web-shooting snake. And I am so very, very immature.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 05:05:59 am »

...It's a giant, one-eyed, brown, web-shooting snake. And I am so very, very immature.

Reminds me of that image of a dwarf who made two engravings - one was of two cut gems and the other of an asparagus.
Atleast it's somewhat more subtle than...ass demon with deadly gas.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »

Towering firespitting hairy lizard with a trunk... end of the title is "the Spurting Juices"...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »

Best Name 2015:

And then this:

It is neither a Moth nor Seductive!

There's also a "The Painful Stigmata" in that same world. (these are all from the first world I've genned in ages) Sadly it's a humanoid composed of ice. One more for good measure? Let's do it! Gonna combobreak all thing dongle imagery

I don't think I need to say anything about this one.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 05:21:24 am »

There's a laughable blob of steam chasing elk birds around my cavern right now. It keeps trying to push them but has no force.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 06:08:48 am »

There's a laughable blob of steam chasing elk birds around my cavern right now. It keeps trying to push them but has no force.

That makes me think, when a ghost punches someone, does it count as a fist of flesh?