Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visit Other Forts  (Read 732 times)

Lord Vilefire the 2nd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Visit Other Forts
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:47:47 am »

So I had a great idea in my opinion, bay12 could have  multi-fortress worlds that you can build taverns & hotels/embassies for dwarves from other Fortresses in your world just an idea any suggestion to add to this idea

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:22:56 pm by Lord Vilefire the 2nd »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Visit Other Forts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:35:25 am »

I don't really understand what you mean. Are you suggesting letting people play multiple forts on the same world? You can already do that. Maybe you mean at the same time? Because that would cause one of three problems: lots of lag due to running multiple fortresses at the same time, incredibly tedious due to playing one fort for a few seconds then going to another one, or time paradoxes where you can do something in one fortress, then be in an earlier time in another fortress and do something that would have made what you just did impossible, but didn't because playing multiple forts at once is probably never going to work.

Also in general suggestions should really be more than one sentence. Your suggestion doesn't have any information on how this would actually be implemented, or as I said even enough to properly convey what you're trying to say. You also really don't need to sign your username at the end of your posts we can already see it on the left of your post.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:05:24 am »

Voiceover.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lord Vilefire the 2nd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:25 pm »

I don't really understand what you mean. Are you suggesting letting people play multiple forts on the same world? You can already do that. Maybe you mean at the same time? Because that would cause one of three problems: lots of lag due to running multiple fortresses at the same time, incredibly tedious due to playing one fort for a few seconds then going to another one, or time paradoxes where you can do something in one fortress, then be in an earlier time in another fortress and do something that would have made what you just did impossible, but didn't because playing multiple forts at once is probably never going to work.

Also in general suggestions should really be more than one sentence. Your suggestion doesn't have any information on how this would actually be implemented, or as I said even enough to properly convey what you're trying to say. You also really don't need to sign your username at the end of your posts we can already see it on the left of your post.

yes i meant more than one in a world at the same time
i do see your problem, didn't think about lag but it was just an idea thanks for your responses

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »

Wow, I was wrong. Welcome to the forums, man!
One wheel short of a wagon