Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Fortress repeatedly crashes soon after electing mayor  (Read 627 times)

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Fortress repeatedly crashes soon after electing mayor
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:34:54 am »

A few days ago i download dwarf fortress(Version 40.24, for Linux) and everything went fine. Then in my 2nd summer after embarking an announcement was made that some dwarf has been elected mayor(it varies), then a few days later the game crash, with the terminal i launched it from displaying the error message  Terminate called after throwing an instance of 'STD::Lengtherror' what()::vector:_M_fill_insert Aborted(core dumped). I was not to worried as i had recently saved, but after reloading exactly the same thing happened, and this exact crash happened again and again.

The game was running without lag and my computer still had a gigabyte of free RAM, so i have no idea why this crash happens. Its a shame because i was quite enjoying this game up till this happend.

Heres a link to the save http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11091

Aerth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Fortress repeatedly crashes soon after electing mayor
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:39:11 am »

I had a try with your Save. One farmer got elected Mayor and 3 weeks after the game still runs well. The dirt-tickler got even the time and the nerves to issue a mandate.. So I could not reproduce the issue..

I use the LNP set and DHHack, soundsense and Therapist are running.

Do hou have any mod running?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:07 am »

You might try to let the mayor replace itself manually (with someone who'll probably won't issue mandates). It probably won't help, but you never know...

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 09:02:28 pm »

I Don't have any Mods, and i haven't changed anything myself ether.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 03:14:35 am »

I Retired and the Unretired the fort, which has fixed the proplem.