Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dungeoncoiled, Dungeoncancelled  (Read 1028 times)

Zidana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeoncoiled, Dungeoncancelled
« on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:05 am »

This is my first time doing a community fort, and actually also my first time playing Dwarf Fortress since v0.31, before vampires and werebeasts and necromancers were a thing, so I'm probably really rusty. But hey, what better way to jump back in than with both feet, amirite?

EDIT: Well, as it turns out, it's not. After playing a season I've come to realize I'm just not the community fort type. It feels like such a hassle having to log and screenshot everything and write notes for it all... probably best to end the experiment here while there's still no responses. I'm terribly sorry for the thread taking up space here like this, and if I could delete it, I would. >_<
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:22:05 pm by Zidana »

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeoncoiled, Dungeoncancelled
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:54:14 pm »

PTW                      :P

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:26:05 pm »

Just write the logs and don't worry about screenshots. I've done that quite a few times.

Edit: Just say what happened in the big events (like invasions, crazy shit happening, drunken brawls), fort plans, and seasonable reports. That will be fine.

Also, turn please. All we really need is a save file from the first year.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:56:37 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 06:44:29 am »

Yeah, I'm also this kind of guy and that's why Crychambers - my community, died and that's why I'm hardly keeping my SG alive, but I suggest you do an after action report, meaning a community fortress where you only post important and fun things that happen and you don't have to add screens if you don't want to. If I have done that crychambers would probably still be alive.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »

Yeah, I'm also this kind of guy and that's why Crychambers - my community, died and that's why I'm hardly keeping my SG alive, but I suggest you do an after action report, meaning a community fortress where you only post important and fun things that happen and you don't have to add screens if you don't want to. If I have done that crychambers would probably still be alive.

Do you have a save of that fort? Also what version was it on?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 06:23:13 am »

Do you have a save of that fort? Also what version was it on?
I unfortunately don't. I think it was on 42 something.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.