Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I continue this comic?

Yes please!
- 23 (92%)
Switching to some other theme/featuring another character please.
- 0 (0%)
Just passing by.
- 2 (8%)
Nah, you might want to do something else.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: MS Paint DF-based Community Adventure - Dokem's quest  (Read 16030 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: MS Paint DF-based Community Adventure - Dokem's quest
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 03:00:41 pm »

[OOC: Sorry for the lazy update, guys. Had to finish these strips quickly before leaving, so they turned out pretty average. Next time I'm paying more attention to detail and general art quality.

Anyway, I've finished my report recently, so new parts will come out more frequently for at least a while]

Ask who their leader is. Explain that, coming from a disadvantaged background yourself, you can understand why they might be upset at your presence, and offer your help.

Explain that we're new to the area and weren't aware of their territory demarcations. Meanwhile, use our Creativity to scan for something in the trash piles that can be improvised as a weapon. We might have to glass a bitch or two in the very near future.

But! Indeed. Play the diplomacy card first. Prepare to play the fisticuffs card if pressed. Just give em a good old fashioned Goblin Punch!

Hey, remember, you still have that empty bottle on you. Might make a decent weapon if needed.

Anyway, you decide to estabilish a contact first, avoiding scuffle if possible.

"Uh, hello there! I'm, uh, new here. I've been searching for something. Didn't know it was your pile. So, uh... Who are you, guys? Who's in charge here?"

"Name's Lem. Me and my crew are taking care of this dump. I see, you didn't intend to steal anything, but be warned... If you needed anything, we have a stash full of assorted junk here".

"Okay. By the way, do you need any help?"

"Hm... No. Not now. Thank you".

Chat to the nice elf girl, avoid dying

"Erm, hello! I'm Dokem. Might I ask you about your story? You don't look much like a... uh..."

"Ave˙a. Nice to meet you. Yeah, I'm quite new here myself... I'm helping these people with my healing skills. Also, when it comes to external contacts... Not that the locals are prone to trusting an elf, but they would rather talk to me then to any other skulker".

"Also, you don't look like an average bum as well. What are you doing here?... You know, Lem won't trust strangers, but if you have a ticket or a passport even, you might actually be able to help us with something...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:27:12 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 04:40:29 pm »

Outsiders make useful allies... but act as if worried about the legality of whatever scheme involves your passport, so you'll get more credit if you accept.

Also offer round the baked potato, we can pick something up later at the butcher's.

Art seems fantastic as ever. Could try posting lower quality images smaller, to look better, though I dunno if that would work.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:42:25 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »

Outsiders make useful allies... but act as if worried about the legality of whatever scheme involves your passport, so you'll get more credit if you accept.

Also offer round the baked potato, we can pick something up later at the butcher's.

"Might I ask first, what do you need the documents for?"

"Oh... Nothing illegal, if you wonder. You know, one of our crewmen left yesterday, without notice. He's a nice a guy, a heavy drinker thought and a bit of kleptomaniac. I'm afraid that the town police might have caught him shoplifting or something. I don't think they'll talk to us, so... If you could probably come with me to the police station tomorrow in the morning...  That would be very nice of you, Dokem".

Alright. Time for some sharing.

"Hey, mates, fancy a cooked potato?"

"Well appreciated. If you need something, just ask. We also have some items to spare".

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:42:49 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 07:15:14 am »

Well... what have they got? Try for a weapon or instrument of intimidation; there might be discrimination against or ill will towards goblins in this town.

Then probably better go to... where are we sleeping, actually? Could try the dump... ask if you can stay the night. In a general, non-suggestive way.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44:17 am »

What is the rat looking man?
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »

Well... what have they got? Try for a weapon or instrument of intimidation; there might be discrimination against or ill will towards goblins in this town.

Then probably better go to... where are we sleeping, actually? Could try the dump... ask if you can stay the night. In a general, non-suggestive way.

"Hey dudes... It seems the townsfolk aren't really happy to see me around, so I could re-e-eally use some iron in case thing go hairy..."

The bum dressed in green sweater moves further into the shed and replies:

"Normally we don't sell that kind of staff here, but we'll prolly need some cash to spare real soon... Here, take a look".

"We could sell an iron shiv for 5 bits, an iron boning knife for a tenner, copper knuckles for 12, a switchblade for 15 and this baby for 30 coppers".

After looking at the "arsenal" for sale, you're seated by the fire with the rest of Lem's crew.

"Alright... What about this place? Could I stay here for night?" you ask Ave˙a. She grins in reply.

"Well, if you think you can't afford better housing... Like that hotel back in town. You know, it rents some really cheap rooms alongside those posh chambers. I see, though, that you might not want to spend too much while in this town".

What is the rat looking man?

"Who? Oh, you mean Yali? Not sure about his real name though. You are quite right by the way, humans literally call them "rat men", though we prefer other terms... Anyway, his clan, as many others, got displased during the Wars, and so they tramp around since then. And this guy got into a feud with his brother's family, so he's kind of an outcast now. He isn't fluent much in human lingo yet, and his elvish is really rusty".

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 03:52:46 pm »

Try to remember if you speak elvish.
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 04:03:14 pm »

The shiv then. We're paid enough that saving 5 coppers is worthless, anyway.

Time to settle down for the night, perhaps?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:09 pm »

Ptw. This is interesting.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 01:17:42 am »

Wow, how had I not seen this before? Excellent artwork, I'll have to read it from the start! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 01:47:10 am »

This is neat, i'll be watching.

+1 On getting the shiv.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2016, 01:45:22 pm »

Try to remember if you speak elvish.

You haven't really though so far of what language do you speak in. It seems you're somewhat fluent in Ashthal (in which you've been talking to everyone so far), but your native tongue is something else. Xusplu, probably. No idea on other languages though.

The shiv then. We're paid enough that saving 5 coppers is worthless, anyway.

Time to settle down for the night, perhaps?

This is neat, i'll be watching.

+1 On getting the shiv.

You purchase the shiv off the bum. Looks like a fine tool for shoemaking... Or an easily concealable weapon.

"Uh, watch out for them peelers, mate. That thing might get you into trouble".

Well, time to rest. Is it really nesessary though to stay at this very flea-ridden shithole, with those bums you don't know much about? Really...

...You thread into the cave slowly, lighting up the snow-covered floor. The howls are drifting away, carried by the wailing sounds of blizzard.

Darkness fills the tunnel ahead.

You turn on the lantern.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:50:18 pm by Monitor Lisard »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:34 pm »

Check for wolves, or other cavern creatures. Think where we might be.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2016, 07:03:52 pm »

Call out into the tunnel, then listen for anything that stirs in the dark.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:00 pm »

Use our Creativity to make a snow goblin. It's dangerous to go alone!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7