Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Allure of the Stars/LambdaHack (squad/ASCII/Sci-fi/Fantasy/browser)  (Read 8363 times)

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/

Thanks, installed.

Now this :

Code: [Select]
The game crashed, so savefiles are moved aside.
Allure: thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like progress. :) Could you run it again and copy-paste the whole error message, starting with your commandline? Thank you!

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's all there is :

$ ./Allure

Also, for 1 or 2 seconds before the error, i can see a frame of the game's window, only the outside part, and the name of the game as a frame's title.

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you. If you have a moment to spare, would you give me the version of your Mint distribution so that I can file an issue and perhaps run any of the commandlines below and tell me which one crashes?

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendTeletype  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendLazy  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll

Each of these works for me. And if all crash for you, then please run the following (may produce lots of output; if so, redirect it to a file).

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendLazy  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll --sniff +RTS -K5m -RTS

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Linux Mint 18.2 64bits Xfce
Intel Core i5 4590 (4 x 3,3 GHz)
MSI GeForce GTX 960 @ 2 Go
Drivers NVIDIA 384
8 Go DIMM DDR3 PC12800
Screen 16/9 24" LED 1920x1080
Keyboard bépo (dvorak fr) / Mouse Logitech generic

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5
--setDungeonRng "866142131 1" --setMainRng "1721490140 2147483398"
AI client FactionId (-3) initializing.
UI client FactionId (-3) started.
AI client FactionId (-4) initializing.
UI client FactionId (-4) started.
AI client FactionId (-2) initializing.
UI client FactionId (-2) started.
AI client FactionId (-1) initializing.
UI client FactionId (-1) started.
UI client FactionId 1 initializing.
UI client FactionId 1 started.

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll
--setDungeonRng "571629143 1" --setMainRng "321098489 2147483398"
UI client FactionId (-2) started.UI client FactionId (-1) started.

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendTeletype  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll

[LOT OF SIMILAR SCREENS, THEN : ]

2  Triton City sewers         [3%  seen] X-hair: shepherd drone           [*___]
*@           4d1 Calm:  67/70 HP:  38/80 Target: griffon vulture          [____]

[press ESC for Main Menu] You punch griffon vulture with your fist. Griffon vul$
################################################################################
#                                                      ###########             #
#                                             ##########......%v #             #
#                                                      .......j#         d     #
#                                             ################## ##### ###     #
#                                                                              #
#                                                                              #
################################################################################
2  Triton City sewers         [3%  seen] X-hair: shepherd drone           [*___]
*@           4d1 Calm:  67/70 HP:  38/80 Target: griffon vulture          [____]

Client FactionId (-4) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-4) stopped.
Client FactionId (-3) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-3) stopped.
Client FactionId (-2) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-2) stopped.
Client FactionId (-1) quitting.Client FactionId 1 quitting.

UI client FactionId (-1) stopped.
UI client FactionId 1 stopped.

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendLazy  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll
--setDungeonRng "1426567633 1" --setMainRng "416678759 2147483398"
Session time: 0.615482686s; frames: 15. Average clips per second: 263.20805391428996. Average FPS: 24.371116103174998.
Client FactionId (-3) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-3) stopped.
Client FactionId (-4) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-4) stopped.
Client FactionId (-2) quitting.
UI client FactionId (-2) stopped.
Client FactionId (-1) quitting.
Client FactionId 1 quitting.
UI client FactionId (-1) stopped.
UI client FactionId 1 stopped.

./Allure --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --benchmark --dumpInitRngs --gameMode raid --newGame 5 --frontendLazy  --stopAfterFrames 15 --automateAll --sniff +RTS -K5m -RTS

the log is too long i can't scrool up enough to copy it, so this is the "end part" of it : https://pastebin.com/raw/nRjPnXr0

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot. You rock.

So the teletype version of the game seems to work fine and when running the SDL2 version, all the initialization stages seems to work, until SDL2 (or something related) kicks in and then the program notices it needs input, but it lost contact with the user and it quits with the message you gave.
So quite possibly the version I compiled is not compatible with your version of SDL2. Is there a a chance for you to upgrade your SDL2 (assuming your versions are older than mine listed below, BTW, could you give your versions?)?
If you can't upgrade, what remains is compiling from source (with some swap memory, your machine is up to the task) or running the Windows version in the 'wine' emulator (though it may fail for a similar reason).

I guess I should downgrade my sdl library for greater compatibility or bundle the libraries, just as I do for the Windows binaries. I will note it down in the bug report...

~/Downloads/AllureOfTheStars$ dpkg -l libsdl2*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                                  Version                         Architecture                    Description
+++-=====================================================-===============================-===============================-================================================================================================================
ii  libsdl2-2.0-0:amd64                                   2.0.4+dfsg1-2ubuntu2            amd64                           Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-dev                                           2.0.4+dfsg1-2ubuntu2            amd64                           Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
ii  libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0:amd64                             2.0.1+dfsg1-1                   amd64                           Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, libraries
ii  libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:amd64                               2.0.14+dfsg1-1                  amd64                           TrueType Font library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, libraries
ii  libsdl2-ttf-dev:amd64                                 2.0.14+dfsg1-1                  amd64                           TrueType Font library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, development files

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems we have the same version, unless i don't understand the output :

dpkg -l libsdl2*

Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom                     Version          Architecture     Description
+++-=======================-================-================-===================================================
un  libsdl2                 <aucune>         <aucune>         (aucune description n'est disponible)
ii  libsdl2-2.0-0:amd64     2.0.4+dfsg1-2ubu amd64            Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-2.0-0:i386      2.0.4+dfsg1-2ubu i386             Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-dev             2.0.4+dfsg1-2ubu amd64            Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
ii  libsdl2-image-2.0-0:amd 2.0.1+dfsg-2     amd64            Image loading library for Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-image-dev:amd64 2.0.1+dfsg-2     amd64            Image loading library for Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0:amd 2.0.1+dfsg1-1    amd64            Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, libra
ii  libsdl2-mixer-dev:amd64 2.0.1+dfsg1-1    amd64            Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, devel
ii  libsdl2-net-2.0-0:amd64 2.0.1+dfsg1-2    amd64            Network library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2, lib
ii  libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:amd64 2.0.14+dfsg1-1   amd64            TrueType Font library for Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl2-ttf-dev:amd64   2.0.14+dfsg1-1   amd64            TrueType Font library for Simple DirectMedia Layer

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, these are identical SDL2 library versions. There goes the easy explanation. :) So, recompilation would probably not help.

I will let you know here and in the issue (https://github.com/AllureOfTheStars/Allure/issues/76) if anybody comes up with a solution or a new way to debug this.

Thank you again for your feedback. Does the Windows version (under wine) or the browser version (in Chrome) work for you?

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can play on Firefox, and i didn't try WINE, i avoid playing non-native stuff as much as i can, and i very often can.

I will try anyway for science.

(edit : it works with WINE)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:09:31 am by ( Tchey ) »

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the WINE experiment. Who would have thought.

BTW, at your leisure, I've compiled another game and with a different version of Haskell compiler. Perhaps it will fail differently.

https://github.com/LambdaHack/LambdaHack/releases/download/v0.7.0.0/LambdaHack_0.7.1.0-debug2_ubuntu-16.04-amd64.tar.gz

Also, I've added extra SDL debug. The commandline is

./LambdaHack --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --logPriority 1 --gameMode raid --newGame 5
Edited: Second version, yet a bit different, uploaded.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:58:50 am by Bandobras »

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks,

/LambdaHackTheGame $ ./LambdaHack --dbgMsgSer --dbgMsgCli --logPriority 1 --gameMode raid --newGame 5
INFO: OpenGL shaders: ENABLED
INFO: Created renderer: opengl
DEBUG: Unable to make GL context current
DEBUG: glFramebufferTexture2DEXT() failed
LambdaHack: thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We caught him. So the crash comes from (my naive handling of) SDL and probably from a lack of thread-safety in OpenGL, similarly as somebody else reported long ago.
Here is another candidate, if you find some spare time to run it.

https://github.com/LambdaHack/LambdaHack/releases/download/v0.7.0.0/LambdaHack_0.7.1.0-debug3_ubuntu-16.04-amd64.tar.gz

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Fun little game. I wish your squadmates were autonomous, I found it a bit slow-paced to manually direct them and not have anyone else in the squad react. I really liked what I've played so far, and am excited to figure it out more. Surprised this thread isn't a few hundred pages long, one would figure this community would eat exactly this up.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We caught him. So the crash comes from (my naive handling of) SDL and probably from a lack of thread-safety in OpenGL, similarly as somebody else reported long ago.
Here is another candidate, if you find some spare time to run it.

https://github.com/LambdaHack/LambdaHack/releases/download/v0.7.0.0/LambdaHack_0.7.1.0-debug3_ubuntu-16.04-amd64.tar.gz

Yep ! Now it works, much faster than on internet indeed !

Anyway you add two-clicks to move : one click to select position, one click to confirm ?

Bandobras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep ! Now it works, much faster than on internet indeed !

Amazing! Thank you for your help so much. I will release v0.7.1.0 of Allure and of LambdaHack in a few days (to no much fanfare, since it's mostly a bugfix release) and announce here.

Anyway you add two-clicks to move : one click to select position, one click to confirm ?

What is the question exactly? Normally you move with just one RMB click (or LMB to move all selected actors).
But you can also click MMB to target a position and then ; (semicolon) to move to it (or :, colon, to move with all selected actors).
It's possible to remap any of these commands (or commands constructed from them) to other keys, e.g., semicolon to RMB, via the config file.
Pehaps even to let RMB first select a position and on another click go to the position, but somebody would need to experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4