Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: (SG) The Children of Life  (Read 9309 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Children of Life
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 02:43:59 pm »

Pickup the sword, and ask the kid his name. Also see if he knows where we are.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 07:44:08 pm »

[X] Speak to the boy.
  [X] “What was that thing? Why was it after you?”
  [X] “Who are you?”
  [X] “What is this place?”
[X] Pick up the sword. 

That… worked out a lot better than you had hoped for. It is definitely not getting back up after that.

The boy slowly pulls himself off the floor. His legs are still trembling from fear, and he has to grasp onto the cabinet for support, but he thankfully seems unharmed. Well physically anyways. He looks to be in his mid to late teens now that you’ve gotten a good look at him. He’s a bit on the scrawny side and is dressed in simple peasant’s clothes.

Spoiler: Rand (click to show/hide)

Once you’re certain that he can stand on his own, you speak to him. A thousand different questions have been flying through your head ever since you awoke, and you want answers.

“Who… what are you?” Before you can start however, the boy interjects with a question of his own. He’s staring at you with wide eyes, though whether out of fear or awe, you’re not sure.

“I’d like to know the answer to that question myself.” You answer honestly.

“Wha-?”

You charge ahead through the boy’s confusion and press him with some questions of your own.

“What was that thing? Why was it trying to kill you?” you ask, poking at the remains of the creature with the tip of your shoe. The lifeless clay crumbles to powder at the touch.

The boy looks at the remains, an unidentifiable expression on his face. “It’s a golem.” He says, practically spitting the name out. “Damn things had my village razed to the ground. I… I was the only one who got away.” He kicks at the clay, sending a cloud of dust up into the air. “How have you never seen one before? Are you from out of the country or something? How did you sneak in without being noticed?”

Now it’s your turn to be confused under the barrage of questions. What is he talking about?

“The two of us don’t know anything about this place. The last thing we remember is waking up in that room downstairs.” The girl interjects, stepping in for you. She gestures over to the trap door.

“Are- Are you serious?” he sputters out. His gaze swings back and forth between the trapdoor and staring at the two of you again, this time out of sheer incredulousness.

“It’s the truth.” You reply bluntly.

“So is that what you meant by ‘I’d like to know the answer to that question myself.’?” he asks, making air quotes with his fingers.

“That’s right, we don’t even know our names.” Says the girl. She holds up her arm to display the XIII on the back of her hand. “All we have are these markings on our hands.” She gives you a look, and you quickly hold up your own hand to show him the XII.

That reminds you- “Speaking of names… who are you? I assume you’ve got a name at the very least.” you ask the boy.

He’s thrown a bit off guard by your question. “I- Oh sorry. I’m Rand from- well formerly from the village of Anvill”.

The guy’s face just looks crestfallen now. Darnit, you better take his mind off that. “So ‘Rand’, what is this place?”

The boy breaks out of his slump and answers you, seeming glad to have something else to talk about. “It’s an old abandoned manor I found in the woods a couple years ago. It was the first place I thought of to hide when I ran away. I’d been sneaking out here to- How the hell are you doing that?”

You look at him from the spot you’ve moved to from the other side of the room. “Doing what?”

“That!” Rand repeats, gesticulating at you with palms facing the sky.

What is asking about now? Does he mean- “This?” you say in reply, flicking your head to point at the sword you’re now lifting up from the floor with both hands.

“YES!”

“I just picked it up. What’s the problem?” Sure the balance is pretty weird, but the sword isn’t even that heavy so long as you use both your arms. You raise it up and swing it back to carefully let it rest over your shoulder.

“The problem is, how the hell are you so strong!?” He asks, frustration evident in his voice. Your shrug of reply seems to have just made him even more upset. He’s waving his hands through the air wildly now. “What do you even need that for? You tore that golem knight to pieces with your bare hands.”

“I got lucky that time.” You say, peering around the door. “We’ll be in trouble if more of them show up.”

Suddenly, as if to punctuate your statement, the building is shaken by the sound of a wall being bashed down. From down the hall comes a deep booming voice angrily barking orders. Turning around you see that Rand’s  face has gone completely white, and you can hear a terrified whisper of “He came for me in person?”

[] Ask Rand “Who is that out there?”
[] Stay silent and still.
[] Find a place to hide.
[] Run out there and challenge them.
[] Write in __
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:07:57 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »

Ask Rand “Who is that out there?”
Ask Rand if he knows how many golems there were, and if anything else was helping them raze the village.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »

Find a way out of the manor, Sneak away from whoever that is, and run far away (with Rand and XIII, of course). Ask questions later.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »

Gonna need a more unified consensus before update can happen.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: The Children of Life (SG)
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 08:00:05 pm »

We punched through a pod, surely we can do some damage to this sucker with a chair with our clearly superhuman power-strength.
SMACK A THING WITH A CHAIR
So I guess we are super strong XD

Find a place with a safe view of hall, where you can hide without being seen, be able to jump on them, and get away unnoticed. Take the sword with us. Also, ask Rand what he means. Whispering, of course.

+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »

We punched through a pod, surely we can do some damage to this sucker with a chair with our clearly superhuman power-strength.

Find a place with a safe view of hall, where you can hide without being seen, be able to jump on them, and get away unnoticed. Take the sword with us. Also, ask Rand what he means. Whispering, of course.

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2015, 04:29:20 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

[X] Find a place that you can hide.
  [X] Where you can keep an eye on the hallway.
[X] Ask Rand what he means.

You quickly peer around the hallway, and seeing that nobody is in sight, you motion for Rand and the girl to follow you.

You almost dash forward, before realizing that they’re not behind you yet. Heading back to the doorway you see that Rand is still frozen with fear, while the girl is standing behind him looking concerned. Grimacing, you wave to get her attention and gesture to hurry up. Nodding at you, she puts her hand on Rand’s shoulder and whispers something to calm him down, before grabbing his arm and pulling him after you.

You lead them down the hall, vigilantly keeping an eye out for enemies. As you run you pull Rand closer and ask him what the hell has he been muttering about. He’s still in his trance however, and so you lightly knock on his head to snap him out of it and ask again.

This time thankfully he answers, still too terrified to be mad at your for the physical abuse he’s suffered. Taking a deep breath he answers. “That voice, it- it belongs to the golem general Galadis. He’s the one who… ordered the destruction of my village. I didn’t expect him to come for me personally.” he whispers to you with a tremor in his voice.

You nod in acknowledgement and carry onwards. However you soon stop, and signal for your companions to halt. You can hear noises from around the corner.

You carefully peer behind the wall. Before you is a full squad of golems. None of them are on the scale of the golem knight that you saw before, but they all look just as dangerous.

You’re immediately able to identify the general that Rand was talking about. His total height is about a couple heads taller than a man, but about a foot of that is taken up by the elaborate crest on his helm. The armor of his body is segmented, and looks more tightly fit and a bit cruder than that of the other golems. Most striking about his appearance is the four arms coming out of his body, and unlike the other golems he has a sculpted human face, though it doesn’t move as he speaks. The glowing pinholes in the corner of his eyes instead pulse in tune with his voice, which is raspy and echoing.

Spoiler: Sword General (click to show/hide)

Flanking him are a pair of smaller humanoid golems, each having an odd stalk instead of a head, and carrying a shield in one arm, while their other arm has a blade in place of a hand. Alongside them in a single diminutive golem, about four feet high, with a domed head with painted on features and wearing an odd skirt. It carries a wicked looking crossbow…

Spoiler: Golem Swordsman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Golem Dwarf (click to show/hide)

“Find that insolent boy and bring him to me! He’ll be made an example of for the rest of his kind!” comings barking out of the general.

The golems quickly disperse, and begin checking the various rooms which connect to the entrance hall. Thankfully they haven’t reached your area yet, but they’re coming uncomfortably close…

Uh oh. You motion to the others to try to hide themselves.  Pointing upwards, you direct their views to an odd set of Golems hiding on the ceiling.

Large clay beetles about a foot wide in radius, the little monsters crawl above the rest with their pointy stump legs. A pair of little holes are set above their stalked eyes, and a sharp proboscis sticks out from the front of their heads. You count at least four of them searching the area.

Spoiler: Golem Bug (click to show/hide)

The three of you duck down, and try to find refuge behind or under whatever open doors and furniture are nearby. You dive under a nearby counter, and on the other side of the hall you see Rand do the same. The bug crawls past the two of you without taking notice.

Not all of you are so lucky however. Behind you comes a piercing shriek as the bug decided to turn around and give one last look. From that angle it can clearly see the girl by the cabinet she took shelter behind.
A ceaseless, ear-piercing wail comes pouring out of the holes in the bug, while the circle on its forehead now glows red. You quickly look behind the corner and see that the golems are now all marching in your direction!

[] RUN!
[] Stand your ground and fight!
   [] I’ll hold them off! You guys run!
   [] We’ll fight together!
[] Write in ___

OOC: Sorry for taking so long. College kicked in and wound up throwing my muse offtrack for a while.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 07:07:56 am »

Uh, looks like we gotta fight. Draw their attention away from Rand, maybe carrying the fight down the hallway a bit. Hopefully the girl is at least somewhat as strong as us, and can use the cabinet as a shield / bashing weapon until it shatters on her opponent (hopefully the archer dwarf first) while we chuck the counter at whichever of the others comes first, and leap to the attack with the BigAss Sword.

That or run. Running is good too.
“You tore that golem knight to pieces with your bare hands.”

“I got lucky that time.” You say, peering around the door. “We’ll be in trouble if more of them show up.”

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:32 pm »

RUN!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »

Fighting Retreat! Straight-up toss a bug through the dwarf so he can't bury a bolt in one of us, smash any other bugs that get too close, and then run!

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:33 pm »

Stand Ground and Fight Together

I'm curious as to what that Write In command is. It seems unintuitive to use but obviously there is some magical element to this game, though we don't know much about it yet.

Running will probably get us killed by the Dwarf, Standing alone is asking to die, even though we are superhumanly strong. Perhaps the girl is superhumanly agile or dextrous or something? Maybe a healer or some magic type. If we can kill the Dwarf we can probably handle the other golems ourselves with our sword.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:54:54 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

Write In just refers to that submitting custom commands is allowed
It's FEF, not FEOF

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

Take out the RDPS first, preferably two or more birds with one bird-shaped stone bug.  Then stand together.  Keep the boy safe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4