Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Vault [Fallout Game]  (Read 5838 times)

Vault-Tec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Vault [Fallout Game]
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:52:01 pm »

The world has turned into ash and a cess pool of radiation. Through mankind's self-hatred, they used their most advanced weapons to preform mass genocide to their species and the rest of Earth's less intelligent ones. While some were doomed on the surface, a few were spared underground. Many thought they were safe in the vault. But no. They are very wrong.

Hello, this is my attempt to make a Fallout Vault RP game. The Vault's number will be voted upon the players and the experiment will be random. The vault will slowly build up to the tipping point of anarchy as said Experiment becomes more life-threatning.

Spoiler: Jobs (click to show/hide)

Once your character dies, you can make a new one immediately. Meta gaming is not allowed.
Spoiler: Character Template (click to show/hide)

The vault will have some few basic locations for now, but as the RP progresses I'll RP more locations in.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

I may not to be here so long because of school, so the Overseer player can become the GM or someone else if the game is dead for too long. If I come back I will resume GMship. The Experiment cannot progress if I were gone, but other IC things that lead to Anarchy are accepted. For anyone to assume GMship the game has to be dead for three weeks straight, because I may have time to continue on the Weekends. Major actions will be decided via dice rolls. Roleplay is regular words, BOLDED are actions. The Dice Roller system comes from this:http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

Have fun! : ) Once the vault goes into Anarchy, the players can vote to continue to play a lawless post Apocalyptic Vault or make an entire new Vault RP. The cycle would never end. Two experiments run in the vault.

One is constant, while one is variable. The vault can never open is the constant. The variable is the random deadly experiment. Note that any major rules will be NPC'd if need be. This game is designed in a way that, if I were absent for a long time, it would not be a problem. Because GMship would roll around, so that the game can never really die at all.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:29:24 pm by Vault-Tec »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault [Fallout Game]
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 07:06:42 pm »

Name: Al Reynolds
Job: Gangster and a Bartender (If gangster jobs aren't secret, then I'll just be a gangsters)
Skills: Speech, Small Guns, Lockpick, Puersuasion, Melee
Backstory: A lowlife gangster who made his way into the vault.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Vault-Tec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »

The Vault was never opened and can never be opened. If you mean you came from the Maintenance Shafts unregistered, that's ok.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

The Vault was never opened and can never be opened. If you mean you came from the Maintenance Shafts unregistered, that's ok.

What I mean is I came in with everyone else.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:05:24 pm »

Guess I'll make an overseer.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:10:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:50:35 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Vault-Tec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:52 pm »

Three more players and we can start. More can join :D

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 09:23:51 pm »

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:01:23 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Vault-Tec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »

-snip-

This is awesome. Your department is heavily influenced by you, so most SEC guards will be more chill and mostly disciplined to a degree. Because of this some SEC officers are corrupt and crime is moderate in the main Vault. Maintenance Shafts are unaffected by this. Some Dorm Hotels(Towns) deeper away from the core vault are ruled by Mafia families secretly under the crime network.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »

-snip-

This is awesome. Your department is heavily influenced by you, so most SEC guards will be more chill and mostly disciplined to a degree. Because of this some SEC officers are corrupt and crime is moderate in the main Vault. Maintenance Shafts are unaffected by this. Some Dorm Hotels(Towns) deeper away from the core vault are ruled by Mafia families secretly under the crime network.
That's awesome. Thanks, man. I decided I wanted to make a head of security who isn't corrupt, persay, but is just less concerned with keeping crime down and more concerned with getting a paycheck and keeping himself out of trouble. The least effort that takes, the better!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 07:39:35 am »

10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 09:50:37 am »

Great, a fallout based RTD, I will get a sheet up tonight, gotta catch up on other games that I am a part of.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:42 am »

Character later
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 08:54:08 pm »

Heh, looking at the job list, it feels more like SS13 then Fallout.

I'll write something up.

Hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:17:54 pm by blazing glory »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 10:07:40 am »

Name: Alexander Ruben Moeler.

Job: Sergeant.

Skills:
Speech 1
Small Guns 1
First Aid 1
Sneak 1
Melee Weapons 1

Backstory: Moeler had been a prison guard before the apocalypse, and his mindest remained. The people perceived by him were either friends, guards, or foes, prisoners, their lawyers trying to get them out, their families smuggling contraband for them. Throughout his life, he learned to hate and fear ones that weren't his fellow security members. This all changed, when he met Blanche Wahl. She was a sweet thing, kind and trusting, naive but she was a friend to all around her. Their opposite personalities didn't stop them from falling in love, and they married soon after the bombs fell. They learned much from each other, Bettie learned about the hard and rough part of the world, while Alexander became more patient and tolerant in his beliefs. While he did change much due to his wife's influence, he still is an advocate of hardline treatment of any disdemeanors. His stance is supported by many security officers throughout the vault, that would hope to use more force against those that they were once supposed to protect.

Family Backstory: Blanche Wahl - She worked as a librarian before the apocalypse, and the quiet, joy filled simple life was all that she ever aspired for.  She went through short depression after the bombs fell and her world ended. She married Moeler, and has just recently become pregnant.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:53:26 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4