Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: purring maggots and the fairy-hair loincloth  (Read 1306 times)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
purring maggots and the fairy-hair loincloth
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:39 am »

i never milked any maggots myself but i know it is possible. shearing verming (fairies are vermin) should also be possible?

how exactly does the process work, you need to trap maggots and then train/tame them before you can milk them?

also, maggot milking used to be buggy in some way, is that fixed?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: purring maggots and the fairy-hair loincloth
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:33:54 am »

Sounds more like a general question than a modding one.
To be honest I remember you might need to trap the vermin, cage it. And have spare empty animal traps. And you have someone with the animal labors and some of the cooking/farming labors and milk them at a farmers shop?

Been ages since I did it.

As for the the shearing of fairy hair that would have to be modded in most likely, and the rate of their hair to grow long enough to be shear able.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:32:02 am »

I've honestly not seen a purring maggot in-game for years. Where would you find them? Just generally in the caverns?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:28:56 am »

Weren't purring maggots removed for some reason? I seem to recall trying a mod that put them back in (which would explain why we're all in the mod forum I suppose).

*edit: Ah there we go.
Modest Mod: "Enabled purring maggots (and thus "dwarven" milk and cheese) for dwarven and goblin civilizations"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:36:46 am by Shonai_Dweller »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:42 pm »

Weren't purring maggots removed for some reason? I seem to recall trying a mod that put them back in (which would explain why we're all in the mod forum I suppose).

*edit: Ah there we go.
Modest Mod: "Enabled purring maggots (and thus "dwarven" milk and cheese) for dwarven and goblin civilizations"
It just moves them up a cavern layer so dwarven civilization has access to it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »

but can purring maggots be milked without modding?

I've not tried since 40.24 came out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »

but can purring maggots be milked without modding?

I've not tried since 40.24 came out.

They can, but the bug where they become inanimate objects (and therefore unmilkable) after the reaction is run is still around.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.