Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Companion - A suggestion game  (Read 711 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Companion - A suggestion game
« on: October 24, 2015, 08:46:09 pm »

Long ago, in your youth, you walked with the one they call the "The Bronze Shock". So gifted in martial prowess was he, that some thought him an incarnation of Armok, sent only to spill blood. Many tales are told about him. Many legends have been carved in stone. But you alone, last remaining of his companions, know the truth. What he was and where he went and what he did.

Now you are old and widowed and with a son near to manhood and with a field to plow. None remember you, for your strength was only flesh before the Bronze.

What is your race?
What is your name? 

--------------------------------------

This is a suggestion game inspired by evictedSaint's cheesy masterpiece, The Littlest Cheesmaker. I wanted to try a suggestion game that did not rely on actual dwarf fortress game play but borrowed the setting. The rules of the game are like any other suggestion game, most votes wins etc. The premise, is that you were one of the companions of an every day dwarf fortress adventurer (the kind that irl player might make and play) and by some miracle, you outlived him.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: The Companion - A suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:34:52 am »

Ok, let's start by shaking things up. You are a goblin that was abused by your fellows, when you came of age you where sent out on a raid to be "blooded", but you took this chance to escape your comrades and wandered through the wilderness. you changed your name to Eshim, the dwarven word for "free", this one word has been your name for so long that you no longer remember your birth name.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!