Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder

Blue Cheese!
Rebellious Cheese!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (Welcome, Baron WordTurmoil!)  (Read 23047 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline challenge: Minecart Barons
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2015, 03:47:33 pm »

This is quite an impressively detailed site plan!  Well done!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2015, 04:30:37 pm »

+1 for that plan
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2015, 04:36:56 pm »

Make that a +3.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2015, 04:59:49 pm »

This is quite an impressively detailed site plan!  Well done!

This was fun calm embark, and the day 1 clearing of the cave was quite unique than my other embarks. 
So this revision 2, is on a more caution side by bringing 2 starting dwarves with Miner+5, Dodge+3, and Discipline+2.
I think it can work with Miner +2, Dodge 1, Discipline 1 with the armor.

And the extra 2 suits of turkey leather armor may possible an overkill. 
The 12 turkeys I included were not used as much, and only to butcher and replace the xxitemsxx after 2 years.
I suppose my initial thought was to seal the cave, slaughter 6 turkeys to make leather:
armor, high boots, helm.  Then use bones to make greaves and gauntlets and breastplate.

Anyway, are you interested in what I wrote down in my notes up to almost year 8?
They were not as much detailed, just notes on what to do, and what happened.
I'm not sure if I have time to edit them to a more gentry-style.

I did not really assign bedrooms yet despite having loads of masterwork furnitures.

I did however gave awesome bedroom suites to those 5 couples to had a baby or two.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »

This was fun calm embark, and the day 1 clearing of the cave was quite unique than my other embarks. 
So this revision 2, is on a more caution side by bringing 2 starting dwarves with Miner+5, Dodge+3, and Discipline+2.
I think it can work with Miner +2, Dodge 1, Discipline 1 with the armor.

And the extra 2 suits of turkey leather armor may possible an overkill. 
The 12 turkeys I included were not used as much, and only to butcher and replace the xxitemsxx after 2 years.
I suppose my initial thought was to seal the cave, slaughter 6 turkeys to make leather:
armor, high boots, helm.  Then use bones to make greaves and gauntlets and breastplate.

Anyway, are you interested in what I wrote down in my notes up to almost year 8?
They were not as much detailed, just notes on what to do, and what happened.
I'm not sure if I have time to edit them to a more gentry-style.

I did not really assign bedrooms yet despite having loads of masterwork furnitures.

I did however gave awesome bedroom suites to those 5 couples to had a baby or two.

I think this covers all the points needed for a detailed plan.  It also lets us see what kinds of starting resources are really needed for that embark.  There's already a steel pick that has been requested by the Bear Clan, so adding another pick shouldn't be a problem.  Likewise the leather armor - it can be made at The First Mine and transported over to the new site by an adventurer, so any embellishments made to these items can be carried forward to the next site.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2015, 03:18:13 pm »

Fascinating idea, but I'm just curious if the map is actually Central America from the Yucatan to the very northern chunk of South America?

You have a good eye, sir!  That is precisely what the overall map is based on.  Obviously, the RNG may have changed the channels of some rivers, and I'm amused at the thought of the elves being in the place of the ancient Incan and Aztec civilizations that used to live there.

In my revision 2 play, the elf caravan brought along jaguars and leopards.  It was years later when I realized they can be war trained. When I read Aztec, jaguars come into mind. :)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2015, 04:36:03 pm »

In my revision 2 play, the elf caravan brought along jaguars and leopards.  It was years later when I realized they can be war trained. When I read Aztec, jaguars come into mind. :)

Ha!  I missed that link too, but it would certainly help the story along, wouldn't it?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (Vote for the Mayor of First Mine)
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2015, 03:08:39 pm »

Rumor heard in the Booze-cellars:
   Patriarch Wordturmoil might give his influence to another candidate for the office of Mayor if they "prove their friendship" to him...  (Role play opportunity)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:54:00 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (Vote for the Mayor of First Mine)
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »

Patriarch Wordturmoil might give his influence to another candidate for the office of Mayor if they "prove their friendship" to him...  (Role play opportunity)

Upon hearing of the rumor, Mr Sanctume Arrowtunnel heads to the Booze-cellar and picked up a barrel of pearl millet beer and a couple of mugs. 

Mr Sanctume approaches Mr Wordturmoil at the *lime wood table* with the barrel.

"Good morrow Mr Wordturmoil. I'm Mr Sanctume, care for a cellar cooled pearl millet beer?" Mr Sanctume offered a mug with smile as he introduced himself.

Compliment Mr Wordturmoil on his craftdwarfship of "Wordturmoil the Buff Knight", a lime wood drum.

Mention that , "I wish to run for Mayor of 'The First Mine' and solicit your vote of confidence."

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2015, 07:55:09 pm »

Upon hearing of the rumor, Mr Sanctume Arrowtunnel heads to the Booze-cellar and picked up a barrel of pearl millet beer and a couple of mugs. 

Mr Sanctume approaches Mr Wordturmoil at the *lime wood table* with the barrel.

"Good morrow Mr Wordturmoil. I'm Mr Sanctume, care for a cellar cooled pearl millet beer?" Mr Sanctume offered a mug with smile as he introduced himself.

Compliment Mr Wordturmoil on his craftdwarfship of "Wordturmoil the Buff Knight", a lime wood drum.

Mention that , "I wish to run for Mayor of 'The First Mine' and solicit your vote of confidence."

Oh ho ho.  Is that so?  As Mayor, I imagine you'd be in charge of determining who gets to be the Sheriff.  If you can promise me that position, you'll get my vote.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:58 pm »

"Sheriff...," mused Mr Sanctume.  "The Sheriff Woodturmoil, that has a nice ring to it"

"That position is good as yours when this voting is done, Mr Woodturmoil."

Offering another mug of pearl millet beer with a smile, "shall we shake and toast on it as good gentry?"

"Cheers!"

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2015, 08:17:36 am »

ooc. Just for curiosity, I played the save after my (revision 2 design plan), and did another plans after this to the next 1x16 region map. 

The only metal ore I dug out was galena.  So it's still metal starved for armor.  The most decent source of steel are from migrant miner that brings his own steel pick, and steel anvils from caravans.  It's kinda interesting to be excited to copper and bronze items to be melted from the caravan, but then I don't want to be tempted in repeat melting for metal gains. 

I do make an exception on the rare occasion a metal bolt misses a target and remains intact.  Would you consider this "exploity?"

I suppose silver is decent enough for spears, mace, hammer, and bolts, and even a combo of spiked balls and serrated disks.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2015, 12:40:07 pm »

ooc. Just for curiosity, I played the save after my (revision 2 design plan), and did another plans after this to the next 1x16 region map. 

The only metal ore I dug out was galena.  So it's still metal starved for armor.  The most decent source of steel are from migrant miner that brings his own steel pick, and steel anvils from caravans.  It's kinda interesting to be excited to copper and bronze items to be melted from the caravan, but then I don't want to be tempted in repeat melting for metal gains. 

I do make an exception on the rare occasion a metal bolt misses a target and remains intact.  Would you consider this "exploity?"

I suppose silver is decent enough for spears, mace, hammer, and bolts, and even a combo of spiked balls and serrated disks.

I would say that if we get a magical increase in metal bars by repeatedly smelting then re-smelting them, then yeah: exploity.  I genned the world to have the same percentage of metal ores as the real world, so they'll be rare, but not extremely rare.  However, I'd say that melting down captured weapons and armor to re-use the metals for our own purposes is fine.  Kobold daggers and "Goblin Christmas" become rather more valuable for this very reason.  Heroes from the Mountainhome also bear metal weapons, so retrieving them if the heroes should fall is also an option.  (Although repeated murders of Mountainhome heroes to harvest their metal is not.)

---

After counting the votes, Patriarch Sanctume has won the Mayoral seat.  Congratulations Mayor Sanctume! (2 in the poll + 1 Clan via role-play.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:54:19 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2015, 04:06:08 am »

Who would have thought it would be this difficult to get the wagons to cart away free food and drink?  Well, no worries.  This next year will see those wagons leaving with all the things needed to buy the new embark, and the plan for the next area will soon be begun, its design hopefully learning from the challenges of The First Mine (Which has become a Town of 114 souls now.)

Here's an image of the area that was harvested to build the Periphery Road:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:09:35 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2015, 01:22:54 pm »

iirc, I noticed that there was no 3-wide paths to the Depot in the last y4 save I played around in.  It will still allow merchants to come, but without the capacity a 3-wide wagon can. 

I have not played much adventure mode and I might check it out using the latest y5 save. 

Oh, also, in the 1x16 (revision 2) plan, the Stonesense screen capture (function) the entire map failed on me, something about being too large.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7