Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder

Blue Cheese!
Rebellious Cheese!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (Welcome, Baron WordTurmoil!)  (Read 23040 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Poll results for the Baron of FirstMine:
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2015, 09:25:26 pm »

Here are the results for who gets to be the Baron of The First Mine:

Patriarch WordTurmoil is the first Baron of FirstMine!

Huzzah! Pearl Millet Beer all around. Huzzah!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (New Poll: Baron of First Mine)
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2015, 02:00:52 am »

Mayor Sanctume, since Patriarch Wordturmoil has become the new Baron, you must name his replacement for the position of Captain of the Guard.  Who is worthy to fulfill that position?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (New Poll: Baron of First Mine)
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:05 am »

Sanctume, while looking at his mangled foot, mutters, "It would sure be nice to have a drink right about now. "
Sanctume wonders if someone picks up on the news of a new Baron mean that there is a need for a new Sheriff in the FirstMine.

Keplergamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Embark Bloodline: Minecart Barons (Welcome, Baron WordTurmoil!)
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »

Hi all, I'm Keplergamer, I started playing the game and browsing the forum just some time ago and I loved the idea of this project. I'll do a let's play video of my attempt for a project entry, and all the problems that go with it.....

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:14 pm »

Hi all, I'm Keplergamer, I started playing the game and browsing the forum just some time ago and I loved the idea of this project. I'll do a let's play video of my attempt for a project entry, and all the problems that go with it.....
Sounds like a plan.  A "Lets Play" could be one of the detailed plans.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »

Welcome Keplergamer. I'll look forward to your fortress.

Keplergamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »

Thank you, project started, had some problems loading a 16x1 map, thought the save got fine, after I embarked and selected my group, when it was supposed to load the new map, the game crashes. So I decided to do 2 8x1 on that square. This one isn't totally flat, and we even have some lakes in the way. It will be an interesting job trying to find a solution to overcome all those situations.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2015, 04:42:13 am »

Thank you, project started, had some problems loading a 16x1 map, thought the save got fine, after I embarked and selected my group, when it was supposed to load the new map, the game crashes. So I decided to do 2 8x1 on that square. This one isn't totally flat, and we even have some lakes in the way. It will be an interesting job trying to find a solution to overcome all those situations.
Even if the site sizes are 1x1 plots, so long as the track joins up with the existing one, you'll have succeeded for that site.
... of course, new embarks are the same cost regardless, so it might be more difficult to generate the required rations on a smaller site.  However, maybe not.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:19:11 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Keplergamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »

Yeah, no problem with that, better than not doing participating....

I lost a ton of time finding a good way to tune my mic, wich is giving a lot of background noise. Hopefully now I can get to play and record on a regular basis.

One thing i'm finding dificult, is to make roofs on the houses. How do I do that?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

I was making a ramp up to the wall, placing walls just inside that circumference, then adding ramps on top of the wall - up one level and repeat, so that the roof was a modified pyramid.  However, some just use floors and floor it over for a flat roof.  That has the added bonus of giving you a floor for a second story, but made the buildings very blocky and modern, which doesn't really work for me aesthetically when building with wood.  I've been enjoying the idea of all of these Mesoamerican pyramids being built by dwarfs putting in a rail system...

The ramp-up period to Halloween has become very busy for me, so I've put this project on the back-burner until after the holiday.  However, I did start doing a little something in Sketchup to make it so people could walk around and explore things.  It's not fully complete for The First Mine, but I'll be continuing it for the rest of the rails as well.  When I'm done with the Sketchup maps, I'll be uploading the file links as well, so that you can use the freeware Sketchup program to walk around in those maps and go exploring.

ArmokVision:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sketchup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 08:46:35 am »

Sketch up looks pretty nice.  So this software will render the game similar to how stonesense does?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2015, 04:17:58 am »

Sketch up looks pretty nice.  So this software will render the game similar to how stonesense does?

It's a freeware 3d architecture program that Google used to use to make it's 3d maps.
www.sketchup.com

So I've just been working on creating 3d doors, chairs, tables, grates, workshops, ect...  All of them based around a 3x3x2 cube.  I'm not a programming whiz like Japa though, so it's all made by hand.  Plane by plane and line by line.

The program has a "walkthrough" mode that lets you travel around in it via "first-person view" which is pretty nice.  I don't have any models for dwarves, animals or trees yet, so everything looks sort of abandoned, but if I ever find a program that lets me build up a gaming level for an MMORPG for instance, I'll be able to build these maps using that and be a ble to place all the trees and shrubs, as well as having the animals and the various dwarves moving around, able to be interacted with.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:02:29 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]