Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 215882 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #555 on: December 15, 2015, 10:57:48 pm »

Nice update. I'm just glad that things are moving along after a lull.

No migrants again.. It's getting a bit worrying. Those messages shouldn't be caused by the population cap, should they?

The time warping effect of the lake and the undead that have risen because of that are literally blocking us from outside help. There's probably a time bubble around our fortress now that steers migrants away; migrants try to enter on one side, but are sucked into a space-time anomaly and are deposited out on the other end without ever encountering the fortress. Don't ask me how invaders and traders are able to find their way here, probably some kind of loophole in space-time physics that excludes them from being blocked because they have prior site knowledge before the time warping occurred or some other nonsense of that kind.

But yeah, it's probably the site pop cap bug, namely there are probably over 3000 in the units list (total alive + total dead).

Did you manage to find the lever rooms? There is the one that controls the two above ground entrances in the main complex, then there is the other one in the south west tower that manages the well, magma cisterns and magma dike. Feel free to fill the magma dikes in, you can do it with dorfpower if you disdain messing with the reactors.

Also, if you have time, feel free to dismantle the pipeline (and pump) that feed into the pool of lava to the southwest (supposed to be a forge, but I didn't get round to finishing it. Oh well, we have yet another another forge now) You can dismantle the blue walls to the south of the pool on that side as well, they were supposed to act as drainage in case of magma overflow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Last of all, just a heads up, but make sure you have trade goods for autumn, I made a huge order last year.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

I have a script to solve the migration issues. Sadly my graphics card is currently dead, but I should be able to fix some issues before the next turn, if we truly need more migrants. Altho I'd like to do it once the ingame events fit this concept, instead of just running the thing as soon as possible.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2015, 01:07:05 am »

Altho I'd like to do it once the ingame events fit this concept, instead of just running the thing as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure there is no immediate danger of dying yet if we are careful.

I kinda like the Weatherwires-like impact this is having. First, the gobbos cut off the mountainhome from its settlements by taking them over, then they bring down the mountainhome itself while it is stranded without hope of reinforcements. Now, the sentient lake follows this fine example set by the gobbos and uses its *powers* to isolate us from reinforcements, while amassing an army in the caverns to take us down.

They are colluding aren't they?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2015, 02:57:24 am »

Altho I'd like to do it once the ingame events fit this concept, instead of just running the thing as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure there is no immediate danger of dying yet if we are careful.

I kinda like the Weatherwires-like impact this is having. First, the gobbos cut off the mountainhome from its settlements by taking them over, then they bring down the mountainhome itself while it is stranded without hope of reinforcements. Now, the sentient lake follows this fine example set by the gobbos and uses its *powers* to isolate us from reinforcements, while amassing an army in the caverns to take us down.

They are colluding aren't they?
Yes. I like how this is progressing.

Also...Nujux? You guys fired me from the broker position to appoint that dude?!?

Other also: It's nice to see the bear-containment facility resurface with a new purpose.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 16, 2015, 07:06:27 am »

Did you manage to find the lever rooms? There is the one that controls the two above ground entrances in the main complex, then there is the other one in the south west tower that manages the well, magma cisterns and magma dike. Feel free to fill the magma dikes in, you can do it with dorfpower if you disdain messing with the reactors.

Also, if you have time, feel free to dismantle the pipeline (and pump) that feed into the pool of lava to the southwest (supposed to be a forge, but I didn't get round to finishing it. Oh well, we have yet another another forge now) You can dismantle the blue walls to the south of the pool on that side as well, they were supposed to act as drainage in case of magma overflow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Last of all, just a heads up, but make sure you have trade goods for autumn, I made a huge order last year.
Yeah, I found the lever rooms. Much confusion was had. But as most of the levers are properly marked, I should be able to know which does which. There's just so many of them.. I'm planning to continue pumping magma when there's enough workforce free from construction.

I could also finish the forge area. Possibly make the other surface forge mainly for training and give only our best smiths access to the other. I'm not quite sure what to do with the underground forge. I think it's a good thing to have, in case the surface world got engulfed in flames or blood or something like that.
Also...Nujux? You guys fired me from the broker position to appoint that dude?!?
Apparently :D I'm giving him another chance to prove his worth when the next caravan arrives.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 16, 2015, 08:03:38 am »

I'm not quite sure what to do with the underground forge. I think it's a good thing to have, in case the surface world got engulfed in flames or blood or something like that.

You could certainly do that, but the underground forge is unreliable due to all the magma pumping. This will become apparent once you resume pumping activities. The area it draws magma from is not connected to the edge meaning no magma source, so the magma pumping one level below it will gradually deplete the magma on the level above it.

Alternatively, you can also make a one tile channel on top of the magma pipeline leading to the magma forge cistern that Gwolfski created then create a pond zone one z-level above ground level to obsidian seal the forge once it is 7 deep. This will ensure that no magma leaks out even when the pump stack stops operation or if we need to drain the magma dike for some reason. That way we will have two fairly permanent forge areas.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 16, 2015, 11:40:57 am »

I fired you, because at the time, you had three or four different jobs, and were in the military. I figured it was better to put someone else in as broker, than pull you out of the military.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 20, 2015, 08:02:59 am »

*Zuglarkun prods Vuohijumala in the upper body with his left elbow, bruising the right floating ribs!*

Any progress as of late?

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 20, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »

*Zuglarkun prods Vuohijumala in the upper body with his left elbow, bruising the right floating ribs!*

Any progress as of late?
*Vuohijumala is having trouble breathing!*

Sorry, I got stuck at the autumn. I've been ill lately and had a nasty fever, so I've not had the energy to do anything meaningful in the past few days. I did continue the save a bit today. I do fear I might not make it through the whole year within the 2 week timeframe, but I'll do my best. We've been made a barony by the way. Selection was made randomly. Now there's a pump operator suddenly gone posh. There's also a faint stench of rotting babies in the air. All's good.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2015, 07:59:52 pm »

If you can't make it to summer, perhaps stop at the end of winter? If only to put us back on proper schedule.

I know all about being too sick to concentrate though.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 21, 2015, 10:19:14 am »

If you can't make it to summer, perhaps stop at the end of winter? If only to put us back on proper schedule.

I know all about being too sick to concentrate though.
I was thinking about that as well. Thankfully the fever seems to be gone for good. My nose is still flooding, but that doesn't stop me from playing. So I'll try to get as much done as possible. Things have also just become as interesting and fun as an eyeless bison which SPITS WEBS can be. And it appeared almost as near of our southern entrance as possible. There's also a dwarven caravan still hanging around. I think they might not be coming next year.

I'll go buy some food. After that, I'll start counting the bodies.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 21, 2015, 11:28:38 am »

Things have also just become as interesting and fun as an eyeless bison which SPITS WEBS can be.

Spoiler: sorry couldn't resist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:21:56 am by Zuglarkun »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2015, 02:02:07 pm »

Spoiler: sorry couldn't resist (click to show/hide)
Yeah, hum... gonna go ahead and quote that.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2015, 05:26:26 pm »

Autumn is coming to it's end. I'll propably have a report for tomorrow. I think it's fair to inform already that Flame is dead. De is also missing his other foot. The depot is a complete mess full of webs, blood, corpses and bitten off heads. Also totally smashed in heads on mangled corpses. Some of our finest soldiers also lie dead. And the newly appointed baroness and her husband also. The titan took a huge beating before it saw it's best for it to die. And of course, after all the bloodshed, I came up with a plan which might have prevented the deaths of all our fortress casualties (somewhere around 7-8)..

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2015, 05:32:11 pm »

am i alive?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83