Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 216285 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #600 on: January 08, 2016, 09:42:39 am »

For the record, my last exam is in about two hours, so I could easily take up the turn from now on if Sarrak cannot manage it for whatever reason.
You can have it, I guess. Quite much has happened lately IRL and I'm not sure I'll have a chance to play before my time is up. Sorry for the wait, hopefully you'll manage better.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 08, 2016, 03:23:57 pm »

Ok then, I'll get things sorted and start playing this weekend, then.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2016, 05:31:34 pm »

Which version of DF were we using for this fort, again?

Also, is there any chance of the stuff on the first page (notes on Migrants, and various parts of our glorious nation) being updated? I enjoyed looking at the changing setting details...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:06:26 pm by Haerdalas »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2016, 08:01:11 pm »

Also, is there any chance of the stuff on the first page (notes on Migrants, and various parts of our glorious nation) being updated? I enjoyed looking at the changing setting details...

The last version before the 2015 major release, IIRC..... 0.40.24, I think.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2016, 08:19:22 pm »

For the record, my last exam is in about two hours, so I could easily take up the turn from now on if Sarrak cannot manage it for whatever reason.
You can have it, I guess. Quite much has happened lately IRL and I'm not sure I'll have a chance to play before my time is up. Sorry for the wait, hopefully you'll manage better.

A pity, I was quite looking forward to your update as updates have been scarce recently. Oh well, I do hope to see you play out a turn later on :)

I do plan on updating them after every Overseer's turn. So yes.

Those plans have been halted recently due to getting a new job, doing overtime on said job and getting tired out, writing slumps, the recent lack of overseer turns to report, and being busy with other community forts. The usual excuses I suppose :P

I do plan on revisiting some key events like the fall of boardsomber in an illustrated form, though I have been putting it off. You guys are always welcome to contribute though! I can always link it up to my front page post and credit you for it if you want.

I am looking forward to your logs Haerdalas!
That sounds so dirty.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:25:57 pm by Zuglarkun »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28:38 pm »

My second turn will be up soon enough, so I'll use this opportunity to revisit old turns and fully update the migrant and dwarfed player list when that happens. I just have too little time to do it between every turn as of now.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2016, 08:19:44 am »

Ok, got the save DLed and every SEEMS to be working fine. Now I, the merely moderately experienced player, have to lead a fortress several years in the making.

I'll try not to get ALL our dorfs killed.

''I think it's time for me to retire'', the former overseer told him. A shame, he did so many wonderful things.

''I must be going insane, i think it's better we let a mentally sound dwarf take the lead.
-Aye. That be a right idea.'' Said Taupe. ''HEY CRAZY_URIST, YOU ARE NEXT!''

"What? NO! No no no, far too busy right now, find someone else"

"HEY HAERDALAS, YOU ARE NEXT NOW"

"What?" The dwarf, who had just entered the room, tilted her head in confusion.

"Congratulations," said Taupe "You are our new overseer."

"But... but I.." Haerdalas stared blankly at the swiftly retreating backs of her fellow dwarves. How strange.

Well, by choice she was a military dwarf through and through, but there WERE a few childhood lessons on management and politics laying around in the dim reaches of her memory. Surely this wouldn't go TOO badly.. hmm.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:46:03 am by Haerdalas »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 16, 2016, 12:04:48 am »

Any progress so far?

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 16, 2016, 02:54:24 am »

Time keeps slipping from me (Accursed Uni work!). I have gotten a little bit done, but not much. I will try to get through at least a season or two done before Monday though.

I will also say that I spent about an hour or so when I first got the file, just looking around and trying to work out where everything is. I'm pretty sure I still don't know half the stuff lying around this place....

Ok, I may have just hit a major snag. Wanted to fiddle around with the jobs a bit, and my Dwarf Therapist is bugging out like hell. Tried to get a fresh DT, but every one I try says it can't work with this version of DF, though I'm pretty sure it IS the right version....

anyone got any thoughts on this? I can try to muddle through on the basic DF UI, but.... well, I'll confess, I haven't used that since I first heard of Dwarf Therapist, way way back, and I cannot imagine the nightmare of trying to do so on this size of fort....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:14:09 am by Haerdalas »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 16, 2016, 04:30:36 am »

Are you using LNP? If so, which version?

About the basic UI requirement, If you'd noticed, I didn't go through with it either when my turn came up. Too much of a headache to deal with along with what I wanted to achieve for my turn, so I requested to switch to a graphics pack instead. I'll hazard a guess that most folks will be accommodating with you using a graphics pack as long as you pass the save back in ASCII; the way it was originally so that others won't have to deal with any existing graphics packs in the save causing buggy behavior in their vanilla game.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 16, 2016, 06:42:26 am »

DT's nice, but not essential. The default UI is serviceable. It's not fantastic, but it is serviceable. I did it with the old Murderflood, and even at this size it's not unmanageable. Just don't try and make massive changes.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:24 pm »

Ok, managed to get everything working, including DT, so all is well.

One of my goals this year is to try to get some more of our Adamantine stocks put into use. We.... don't actually HAVE huge amounts of adamantine (the stocks page lists 3 chunks of raw adamanatine, and about 26 strands.... which I am going to get smelted into wafer asap, so they dont end up suturing some poor dorf. I will momentarily have a look to see if we have any adamantine left in the mines or not..

Now... its been a while since I fiddled around with an advance military, and even longer since I played with Adamantium, so what should I make with it? I assume the general adage of getting armour before weapons is true here too, but what would people recommend in terms of armour? Chain, plate, boots? Full sets, or just chest armour for as many people as possible?

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2016, 07:01:36 pm »

Ah, also we have 35 Adamantine wafers. Slighty better than I had worried.

Could someone tell me exactly what the level labled "Magma Release" does, and also where the levers to lower the bridges between sections of Magma dike are? They do not appear to be the same thing...

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 16, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

The bridge levers and some other levers can be found inside the central hammer-shaped Murderflood building. There's also a tower with levers on the south-east portion of the fortress.

As the titan that came to visit us was quite painful to kill, I'd say we would benefit from a couple of adamantine swords and spears. But armour is important too. I guess mail shirts and helmets would be most important, as they cover the most vital dwarf bits. I also have a vague memory of someone pointing out an adamantine breastplate wouldn't be as good against blunt weapons as steel would.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 16, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »

Could someone tell me exactly what the level labled "Magma Release" does, and also where the levers to lower the bridges between sections of Magma dike are? They do not appear to be the same thing...

The levers to lower the bridges between the magma dike sections are in the lever room to the south of the pumpstack, which is in the upper floors above the walkways. I made sure to make notes on the bottom level of the dike indicating what the gates at each section are called, which should correspond with the levers in the lever room.

I believe the 'Magma release' lever operates the contraption to the northeast of our dikes, next to the entrance bridge. It will open up a floodgate in the inner walls of the dike, causing lava to flow over any living beings passing by the northeast entrance if that section is already filled with lava. Eh, yeah.

EDIT: ninjaed
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 83