Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 215573 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2015, 05:25:26 pm »

Gory, deadly, very interesting... We survived the first year!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

Hmm, so I may soon be a werebear myself, aye? Well, obviously I hope 'tis not so, but if such a thing were to pass... I would not want to harm the fort. I trust our next overseer to do what needs to be done, to any to whom the curse has spread.

(also, that was a LOT more painful than the first attack.... a pity perfectrags died, he really was overqualified for a migrant.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:28 pm »

Of all those wounded, only Bomrek is infected.

I think.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »

Also, from the hints you gave, I was kinda expecting a far higher casualty rate...
And now you guys know what I was actually reffering to a few days ago :p

Gory, deadly, very interesting... We survived the first year!
Yay! Good job, grossly half the fortress!

Of all those wounded, only Bomrek is infected.

I think.
This is akin to ''Doors stop magma, right?''

PS: I've progressively shielded the fortress from more types of opponents as I went, but a building-destroying flyer is still a real and present danger. Replacing the ceiling hatches with a bridge that seals the stairs could be a good idea. Or adding the bridges around the hatches, for a more finely tunable access to the roof. There was only so much I could do in a year with nothing but sand and werebears.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:48:11 pm by Taupe »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2015, 12:27:36 am »

Feel free to voice your opinion about how we'll tyranically manage the turn orders from now on. There are a lot of people in line, this is a reboot, and no matter what we choose, someone is getting screwed over. We just need to find the way that makes it not my fault when that happens. the most convenient and fair for you guys.

O' Taupe you give me far too much credit. I'm still getting a turn down the line anyway so it doesn't have to be now. Besides, I just finished my turn at Surprisepalace, and I'm picking up the turn on Constructivory over the weekend (not to mention I've got my own 18 year old fort to run). So even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able pick up my turn. Getting rather burnt out on DF lately. So let me just graciously bow out and say I'll rather NOT go with [System C].

On the topic of werebeasts, I neglected to mention this but as far as I'm aware, only bites that penetrate the skin transmit the werebeast curse (so bruises and deflected hits don't qualify). Might be useful to know for whomever is picking up the save next.

As for fortress safety, let's just say neither hatches nor 1 z-level tall walls stop kobolds, much less flying building destroyers. When it comes down to it, I trust only bridges.

My recommendation is to remove the hatches, replacing them with floors and have roof access be from outside the fort instead of inside (using stairs or ramps). Put a bridge in a choke point somewhere to restrict access and to prevent "oh fuck which lever do I pull" panics. But hey, don't let me dictate how you want to play.

I have my own plans for defensible architecture that I'm planning to implement, once my turn comes around of course. I hope we have lots of blocks by then.

Next up, a closer look at our outpost liaison and pictures of the fledgling settlement!

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2015, 05:23:47 am »

Well I had a leg bitten off, so..... I think I might be infected.

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 05:35:24 am »

On the bright side, it'll grow back.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2015, 07:06:39 am »

On the bright side, it'll grow back.
I think that's our first quote right there...

Also once im not at work Ill pm both mckiwi and ghills. First to answer will dictate the ret of the list.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:26:12 am by Taupe »

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2015, 08:15:51 am »

Oh bear.. This is truly horrifying. I am sorry for what my character has done in his brief existence in Murderflood. I was secretly hoping to see him get attacked by his own foot when the inevitable corpse-party occurs. Oh well, such is life in the Universe of Destiny! I just hope we get through all this :D

As for the turn list, I'm ok for both options.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2015, 09:44:32 am »

Master Miner, Master bear slayer, Master Smith, immune to were bearism. Is there nothing I can't do?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2015, 10:29:33 am »

Master Miner, Master bear slayer, Master Smith, immune to were bearism. Is there nothing I can't do?

not boast
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2015, 10:59:00 am »

...Walk. 😯

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »

Well, that went typically for Ardentdikes.  :(  that I died though.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2015, 03:10:43 pm »

Congratulation, you are alive however! Are you up to play a turn?

Both Ghills and McKiwi have been messaged. Whichever is first to respond positively gets the second turn, and we'll use the associated list for the following turns. If none of them respond favorably within 48 hours, we'll first assume this thread is cursed again, and then proceed with the next best thing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:58:04 pm by Taupe »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »

Congratulation, you are alive however! Are you up to play a turn?

Both Ghills and McKiwi have been messaged. Whichever is first to respond positively gets the second turn, and we'll use the associated list for the following turns. If none of them respond favorably within 48 hours, we'll first assume this thread is cursed again, and then proceed with the next best thing.

Sure. 

Be warned - I generally use Phoebus and not ASCII, so my updates will take longer than yours since I'll have to sort out the tile meanings.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 83