Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212452 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2016, 01:08:00 pm »

Imic volunteers.
And if you don't have the rent in three days you're evicted!

Unwillingly.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2016, 01:27:33 pm »

I volunteer !! I'll teach them how to be fierce.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:58 pm »

We shall be partners!
Taumic industries! Training giant keas since turn 14!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 18, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

I really miss taupes drawings
Microline for everyone!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 18, 2016, 04:14:51 pm »

I really miss taupes drawings
I really miss having free time :(

We shall be partners!
Taumic industries! Training giant keas since turn 14!
Hell yeah. Keas are war animals right?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »

I suppose that makes Imic the gatekeaper then.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »

anybody know if my family is still alive?

BlitzLog: it seems that the bear worshiper is once more in control of the fortress, I shall once again attempt to persuade him to let me try my hand at the creation of weapons, hopefully my legendary dishes will convince him. Perhaps I should Give every overseer a gift of my finest work, so they see just how important I am to the fort. That should keep me and my family safe from being used as expendable mooks.
Microline for everyone!

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 19, 2016, 04:00:22 am »

I could go for two keakeepers. But hey Imic, we haven't dorfed you yet. We have an undorfed animal trainer/marksdwarf available if you're interested (and that would conveniently make you and Taupe our only animal trainers, at least with any skill). But you're free to pick someone else if you wish, too.

Also Blitz, your whole family is alive (against all odds), and even doing somewhat fine mentally too.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 19, 2016, 06:15:40 am »

Seriously? No one got it? *sigh*

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2016, 07:39:15 am »

I got it.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 19, 2016, 01:52:58 pm »

I got it.
I got it too!

Btw, summer is done. Quite much nothing happened. But I did put our prisoner tower in use. Update propably tomorrow.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 21, 2016, 02:34:15 pm »

Summer Update!

Continuation to Vuohiparta's overseer diary
Murderflood

-----

2nd of Hematite
What is a nice way to start your day, and a new season? Counting the people living in our coffins! So far, we have gathered around 70 dead dwarves in our catacombs. There's a odd merchant here and there, but the majority are our fortress residents. I just cannot keep myself from wondering how large the amount will get..

7th
The first magma bunker has been built on our entrance. The concept seems simple and effective, so another one is immediately ordered to be built.

9th
A human diplomat arrives.

11th
Human diplomat: The world is the same as ever
*Leaves*

Why aren't the goblins bothering humans?

12th
Another dinosaur-beast arrives at the first cavern level:

Is he a worthy challenger? May he be the one to defeat the undead sauropod plaguing us? We might be able to tell, if the creature would just stop swimming aimlessly at that pool..

13th
The human caravan has arrived. Numerous wagons and animals make their way to our depot.

17th
The keas had laid eggs, and naturally someone stole them immediately! No kea eggs shall be cooked in this fortress! That is an order!

18th
The human merchants don't seem to possess anything interesting. We actually have it quite good here in Murderflood. The only thing we lack is wood, and so do the humans..

23rd
A peek at the first cavern level reveals something disappointing. Stasno is slowly getting his ass kicked by reanimated gorlaks and their hands.
Spoiler: A shameful display (click to show/hide)

28th
Our cavern peekers now spotted something quite disturbing.. Stasno is killed, by ANOTHER UNDEAD theropod from forgotten legends. This creature is located some distance away to the southwest of our planned airlock entrances.

With all these dino-wars going on, no-one is quite sure if they want to go anywhere near the caverns.. I'm not sure if I have it in me to try the airlock.

-----

5th of Malachite
We appear to have some buildings that look like they've left unfinished. No-one quite knows the purpose of some of them, but one seems to have new living quarters in it. I order some dwarves to finish them. Artistic approaches are permitted.

8th
I took a look at the Kea nesting grounds. The Keas had laid new eggs, but someone was again already carrying the said eggs away. STOP STEALING THE DAMN KEA EGGS!

We need to build a dwarf-free space for our birds.

11th
Nomal has gone quite oblivious.

Someone said he's been a bit down lately.
Spoiler: Death and despair (click to show/hide)

At least he is not trying to assault anyone.

18th
Here's another attempt at canal draining/grate placement. The temple feng-shui is suffering from the lack of visible water.
Spoiler: Nice (click to show/hide)

Why did we even bother? Well, we do have fine mud now.

25th
Rith has become depressed. Sadly, this was quite expected *(his feelings can be seen in the previous update)*

-----

1st of Galena
The second magma bunker is ready! I was a bit worried if draining magma straight from the dike would lower the magma level inside the dike, but so far the said dike looks quite untouched. Splendid! The advantage from draining from the dike is that we only need one pump (and pump operator) per bunker to fill them. The pumps are a bit vulnerable to trolls and other creatures that like to destroy things, but I don't think it matters too much. Anything that destroys these pumps while the bunker is full will get a valuable lesson in life. The levers for both bunkers can be found inside the hammer-shaped building. It's a place that can be accessed quite quickly if the need comes.
Spoiler: The Two Bunkers (click to show/hide)

5th
A Kea shack has been built. No dwarf is allowed to enter for now.
Spoiler: It's nice and cozy (click to show/hide)

You can also see Taupe training our giant desert tortoise. He's been doing it for weeks now. The tortoise is repeatedly crawling it's way to the nest boxes and back to Taupe. Someone said the creature looks like it wants to lay eggs, but it also seems to want to finish his training.

Oh please, someone topple the nest box already.

9th
As suggested by Triaxx, we now have dwarves given with the responsibility of Kea training:

Imic, Keamaster
Taupe, Keablaster

They were the ones to volunteer for Kea training duties. They both are also our only capable trainers. Blitz also came in my office and offered yet another fine roast. He wanted again to persuade me to let him forge weapons. Apparently, other overseers had not given him enough smithing duties, so his skill is still dabbling. I give him access to a forge where he can work. A spare weaponsmith wouldn't be a bad idea. The problem is though, that Blitz has also been drafted to our military, so he propably doesn't have too much time to invest in smithing. But when he has the time, he's allowed to do whatever he wishes with our stockpiles of copper.

13th
Nomal is feeling down now. He's crawling on the dike walls and looking gloomily through the fortifications at the magma below. Is he going to do it? Don't do it..

17th
Azula has been possessed! She claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop.

21st
This is what the airlock looks like now. There are some animal baits ready to be slaughtered by a herbivore dinosaur. Some lever linkages were constructed, and all the bridges should be working now. We're trying to mentally prepare our pump operator. We don't really have too many people to be sacrificed, so it would be great if he made it alive.
Spoiler: Airlock ready? (click to show/hide)

22nd
Rith is throwing a tantrum. Luckily, he calmed down quickly and no-one was decapitated now. Someone asked if he should be convicted for assault. I guessed it could be a good idea. I tried to ask someone about our options for conviction, but an enthusiastic military-dwarf took him away, without me even knowing how long the sentence would be! Well, I guess they'll let him out someday. If we're still alive by then..... ....

27th
Azula has created a scepter. It's quite valuable actually.
Spoiler: Azula's work of art (click to show/hide)

28th
Autumn is here. No disasters were found striking us this time. I believe whether using the airlock or not, will be the biggest question we have in the next season.

It's also nice to see we have a mayor who's doing fine, and doesn't have a problem being yelled and cried at.
Spoiler: A proud mayor (click to show/hide)
-----

Here's the update! And sorry for the delay. Blasted real-life responsibilities.. Autumn is now in progress. Now what do you think, shall we try out the airlock?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:37:43 pm by Vuohijumala »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 22, 2016, 02:41:08 am »

You'll want to remove the Giant Kea eggs from being allowed in the food stockpiles. Disabling cooking is fine and dandy, but won't stop dwarves from hauling the eggs away to be stored.

Now what do you think, shall we try out the airlock?

How do we know if the airlock works or not if we do not try to operate it?
If an airlock opens when no one is around to enter it, does it kill the undead?

Spoiler: answer (click to show/hide)

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 22, 2016, 04:08:28 am »

You'll want to remove the Giant Kea eggs from being allowed in the food stockpiles. Disabling cooking is fine and dandy, but won't stop dwarves from hauling the eggs away to be stored.

Now what do you think, shall we try out the airlock?

How do we know if the airlock works or not if we do not try to operate it?
If an airlock opens when no one is around to enter it, does it kill the undead?

Spoiler: answer (click to show/hide)
Fair points there. Airlock shall be tried out. And yeah, forbidding kea eggs from the stockpiles crossed my mind, but as we have stockpiles here and there and I'm not sure if I'm completely aware of them all, I thought it would be easier to just build a place for them where no dwarf can enter :D

We also have two casualties. One has a collapsed head and the other one fell.. straight into the magma dike. Luckily our named dwarves seem to be able to avoid death quite well nowadays.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:31 pm »

Autumn is done. Update pending. Not much has happened during the season, but right now at this moment something is certainly happening. I've passed the two week deadline, but I'd like to go through winter if you guys are ok with that. Shouldn't take too long.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 83