Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212444 times)

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2015, 10:29:09 pm »

I'd like a turn, if I may.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2015, 06:44:43 am »

Triaxx is ready, willing and wants a bloody break from Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.
Ghills was messaged. If he hasn't responded by tonight, I say just grab the save from the end of my turn and go nuts...

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2015, 01:25:42 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm still pretty sick and finding a new roommate (our old one flaked out), so I haven't been able to play much.  *hangs head in shame*   Just skip me and go to the next person, sorry about this.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2015, 03:47:40 pm »

No problem. I'll grab the save and get at it post haste.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2015, 05:04:16 pm »

The thread attacks the player Ghills with its left curse.
The player takes the full force of the impact...

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2015, 08:59:44 pm »

Thanks for not being upset, guys.

The thread attacks the player Ghills with its left curse.
The player takes the full force of the impact...

Funnily enough, it's my left ear that I'm having a hard time hearing out of.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »

As is tradition it seems, my tenure begins with a truly epic hangover. Many dwarfs find it strange that I get hung over, when no one else seems to, but frankly, I don't think about it any more.

My first task, is to organize the workshops. For now, they'll be below ground. Hopefully we'll be able to move to the surface sometime, but that might require draining the lake and replacing it with magma. For now, I'll go with my traditional layout. Three levels of 5x5's, with corner stairs, and one door wide entrances. This allows any one who is in a mood to be sealed in, should something horribly go wrong.

It also allows for two configurations. Most things will have raw materials on the bottom level, and finished goods on top, with the workshop itself in the middle. The Western end however, will be reserved for Magma Forges, Smelters Kilns and Furnaces. Those will be able to have the forges on the lowest level, raw materials above, and finished goods on top.

We have elves. They arrive as we're working on the workshops. I don't think we have anything for them, and then some one comes racing up to inform me we don't have a trade depot. Umm... oops? I order one built outside. As dangerous as that is, nothing is actively trying to kill us, and so it should reasonably be safe?

Oh, hang on a minute. We have a trade depot. Or rather the plan for one. No one can actually architect. Or perhaps they've died. Sigh. There's also a mangled dog corpse stinking up the place. I assign Nil, one of the masons to architecture, and tell him to get on with it. Meanwhile, Thorayne takes up the job of manager, since she's pretty well suited for it. She also takes over book keeping, since she's the only one that wants it. If I can't hit it with my Pickaxe, I'm not interested and while she's more an organizer I'm certain she'll either get the hang of the counting thing or she'll suffice until someone else arrives who doesn't have to remove their shoes.

A vile mist rolls in. I've ordered the doors left open for the moment, and the bridges down, but the alert has been sent out, and now we're confined inside. If anything bad occurs, we'll lock the doors and close the bridges and hope it goes and eats the elves instead. For the moment they're still milling around while we mason up the trade depot.

Oh sweet Armok, and now migrants. Coming around the lake. Naturally. They get in safely, and the merchants have decided to bug out, so I order the doors locked behind the migrants. There's nothing in sight though, so we leave the bridges down for the moment. I've also ordered up 10 additional slabs, just in case.

Oh for the love of Armok, now we've had a strange mood. And just my luck, a bloody possession. As if the haunted lake weren't enough. I need a drink. Yes, I am aware I have a full mug. No, I do NOT care.

Chief Miner Triaxx, Slate 26 Year of OH Sweet Armok.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2015, 03:08:12 am »

Any potential architects, masons or potters in the latest migrant wave? Requesting to be redorfed as one of those if possible and enable building designer labors if not already enabled.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:54 pm »

Inod Noramoltar, has claimed a craftdwarfs workshop. And wow, he's instantly started a mysterious construction. Rhyolite, Silver Nuggets and Granite. Could be awesome?

Work continues at a fever pitch on the workshop levels, and so does Inod on his creation. Eventually it's revealed to be a Granite Piccolo, encrusted with Rectangular Granite, and Cushion Rhyolite Cabochons and encircled with bands of oval Native Silver Cabochons. It's absolutely beautiful, but well, lets be honest, it sounds like a sick elephant with a head cold. Then again, that might be the 'musician'. He's never met a song or an enemy he didn't manage to butcher. Sanctume fortunately will have far more chance to do the latter. I would suggest letting him play to demoralize the enemy, but it would also demoralize our forces.

A bowyer named Blitz Gamer has also come along. I'm not sure what a Blitz is, but he's been dicing and making crossbows, so he must be kind of useful at least. We also now have a chief medical dwarf, even if the list says that the ability to tell if someone is injured is apparently not a skill useful for a doctor. Can't understand that.

One of our masons has, for some reason declared himself the resurrection of Zuglarkun, and calls himself the second. Annoyingly, he refuses to accept that he'd have to be born after Zuglarkun's death to be reincarnation. Technically, this is possession. However, since that's nine-tenths of a law we don't have, I'll just ignore it.

More Migrants? Urgh. We're going to need more bedrooms. Another vile mist appears, but sweeps northwest of the fortress. I issue an alert, then cancel it as the mist sweeps past. I'm going for another drink.

Chief Miner Triaxx I can't tell the date.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:44 pm »

How did things go with the potential werebears? Did any additional dwarves turn?

PS: Just a reminder that Dumbestdorf still has a pending dwarfing request, if any of the migrants fit the bill. He asked for Nujux, a stupid male dwarf, ideally turned into a woodcutter.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:48:57 pm by Taupe »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2015, 08:55:03 am »

No werebears at all. Knew I was missing a dwarfing. I'm still hoping burrowing will turn up a cavern, so we can do some log cutting.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2015, 10:04:59 am »

Wait, getting my FOOT bitten off didn't infect me? Hah, take THAT logic!

So, give me a splint, and (more tricky) a competent doctor, and I can be a functional part of the militia anyway. IIRC, dont crutch-bearers eventually actually get faster than normal dorfs? Was that only in an older version?

(On a related note, how badly off an I right now? Slowly learning to use a crutch? Injured but resting? Bleeding out in a corner somewhere?)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2015, 10:09:45 am »

Could i get a Dwarf, Insane Doctor/Swords dwarf by the name of CrAzY UriST
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2015, 12:43:17 pm »

Oh where the heck am I this time? Better take stock of the situation. Let's see, lake giving off concentrated evil, dead coming back to life, and I'm surrounded by insanity. Must be Tuesday. Looks like this place could use some of my patented Quick Load crossbows.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:44:58 pm by Blitzgamer »
Microline for everyone!

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »

May I have the first to arrive dwarf from the next wave? Or if he's a perfect fit for someone else who wants to be dorfed, then the second one. Or third, or whatever. I have no requirements.

I'd like to have him named "Vuohi-Pera", claiming to be a long lost and then found relative of Vuohijumala.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 83