Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212324 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2015, 11:07:39 pm »

Edit: Just stole a giant peregrine from the elves. And some berries. No drinks, alas.
Can't you use to to make... I dunno... Eagle Brand?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2015, 04:25:11 am »

Edit: Just stole a giant peregrine from the elves. And some berries. No drinks, alas.
Can't you use to to make... I dunno... Eagle Brand?
Eh, I redid a bunch of orders and labour settings so that stuff gets done. We don't need fishers and we really don't need them turning into nightmarish horrors if the mist turns up again. Unfortunately I'm not running any external utilities, so it's still a bit inefficient......but we do at least have people with brewing enabled now. Unfortunately, they're all at a party right now. Presumably they're just sitting in a circle miming quaffing and pretending they're not sober. This gives me great hopes for our future morale.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2015, 06:31:51 am »

In my defense, we went through two brewers. The first one got killed by a Giant Toad corpse, and the other one got eaten by a Cave Crocodile. So I elected two, and proceeded to get spammed about no plump helmets.

You made two chairs. And didn't tell me I needed to install them. Just boom, overseer. All I want is to hit rocks! That's it. At least Cog let me have my own brewery... TWO Chairs! That's barely a break room. And when I tried to make a dining room, we found a cave full of dwarf eating monsters.

Never mind that the 'manager' you picked spent all her time playing with her sword instead of doing her bloody job, and now has a grudge against me because I had to replace her. Things got done, she got to kill things. Some dwarves are never happy.

---

If you look the workshops with stockpiles are linked so that raw materials come in from the bottom, and finished products end up on top.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2015, 11:30:38 am »

McKiwi, you're not dorfed are you? Or did you get to possess a cactus? I only see a highwood tree but no cacti for you to RP as sadly. I'm not sure what you are RPing as so I'm getting confused as to whether I should log your posts as overseer logs or as the musings of a disembodied saguaro spirit. Perhaps you can assume the role of a potted saguaro plant or something, until we can assign you a cactus to dwell in, I dunno.

--

Hoo boy, a lot of information to fill in for the front page. Our elven neighbours are up though the blurb is unfinished, more to follow soon. I was scouring the latest save in Legends mode and there are quite a few things happening back at the mountainhomes since we left to found Murderflood. Not sure if any of it has been reported by the outpost liaison. I'll try to put it all in context in a later post.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:51:29 am by Zuglarkun »

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

Blitz Gamer's Travel Log:
So I now have a son, I honestly did not see that coming. He's going to make it that much harder to leave when the time comes. Shame I can't take him with me, but the rules of the multiverse are clear. Still, that day is very far off. I shall name him Collin, after my dear friend in Kaz Modan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Microline for everyone!

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2015, 02:09:10 pm »

So hey, I was just wondering if it's considered okay for us who are still waiting for their turn to take a look at the save? I'd be interested to see the relations and families my two late characters had. If they had any..

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2015, 03:06:15 pm »

So hey, I was just wondering if it's considered okay for us who are still waiting for their turn to take a look at the save? I'd be interested to see the relations and families my two late characters had. If they had any..
no one's gonna blame you. I mean, I just grabbed it myself and did a tour of the fortress. That's a good way to discover the relationships and quirks of the dwarves for yourself.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2015, 03:14:45 pm »

Mostly the liason mentioned a few places getting over taken by one of the civs. Might be ours? I was preoccupied sealing off the caverns at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2015, 03:56:01 pm »

Speaking of outpost liason... Don't fuck with this guy. He's spent nine years raised and tortured by goblins, faced a night terror creature, and worships a Titan.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:41 pm »

Speaking of outpost liason... Don't fuck with this guy. He's spent nine years raised and tortured by goblins, faced a night terror creature, and worships a Titan.

And depending on my quirks he'll shortly be working for the great metacactus that may or may not exist. (Haven't decided what to do re: dwarfing. If we get migrants I'll go for a dwarf, otherwise...who knows?)

Edit: Immigrants! Some of them are actually useful!*

*Adequate weaponsmith, accomplished armorsmith, a bunch of rangers.......and a bunch of meat for wall-building.

Hmm....but there's something missing here......

*typing noises*

Ok, I need to fix the typo. But that's much better. Sir Humphrey lives!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:12:03 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

He is back!

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2015, 06:46:30 pm »

In other news, IC update coming later today. Highlights: Massive construction work to make a base for our future fortress. Zuglakun II had a mood but we had no cloth so yeah, time to roll up V3.0. This year, hopefully, will be a fairly quiet one.....I'll build some basic stuff, so that the next person can fuss with the whole "making bedrooms" and "doing things other than making walls and farms" type of thing.

In the short-term, the work makes our fort a lot less secure. In the longer term, it means we have a place to build the mythical magma dike.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2015, 07:00:59 pm »

Zuglakun II had a mood but we had no cloth so yeah, time to roll up V3.0.

Damn it! What a waste! I was in the middle of conceptualizing and fleshing out a cool story and all, trying to link up the senile old woodcutter turned mason's backstory (fought off a bleak brute and its consort, as well as bronze colossus) with the backstory of the former architect and how she usurped the "Zuglarkun" name (more of a title than a name). Now all that work has gone to waste  :-[

On the bright side, I don't have to explain the reincarnation angle there and just chalk it up to the old lady being an wannabe imposter.

Well it ain't Murderflood without some death dealing every year, and the old coot finally went all senile cloudcuckoolander on us. I wonder if that will meet the quota for this year?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:07:31 pm by Zuglarkun »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2015, 07:23:07 pm »

Not until the "Doctor" has tried to "Fix" someone
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2015, 08:41:58 pm »

No chance of a caravan arriving with cloth to trade before the mood turns fatal?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 83