Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 215876 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2015, 11:04:15 pm »

I'll try and give a small overview of what changed after each year. This should keep the readers up to date on the fortress. I'll take this opportunity to present updates on the claimed dwarves' health, profile and relationship. For soldiers, I'll be replacing the skill list with a kill list, since once they get in the military they'll just have the same set of abilities and probably wont go back to their old jobs anyway.

The dwarfed pages is being updated in the process, as I check who died and who is still around and kicking. The turn list's got more colors now too. that being said, i have two questions:

1-What happened to Sanctume? Obviously his name is missing from the newest unit list, but I didnt find any info by double-checking the thread just now. McKiwi, do you recall anything, am I just too tired to spot the info?

2-The death cause section is a bit hard to see. Should I change the red to a glowing red, making it easier to see? Increasing the text size could also offset the minimized spoiler typography.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2015, 12:30:36 am »

Funny, I can't find Sanctume's corpse anywhere, Sanctume is "missing" on the death list, and battle reports show that recruit Sanctume was engaged in fighting somewhere between the rising of Zuglarkun II's corpse and the attack of the fire imp Zursulkez.

Legends mode paints a different story though, reporting that Sanctume was slain by Vouhijumala, who should be long dead by this point, very odd, much like Triaxx. I suspect Sanctume perished in flame or magma just like Triaxx, since there is no corpse, probably under the same mysterious circumstances that Triaxx did :-\

EDIT: You could try use glowing red on white font or pink font.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:34:36 am by Zuglarkun »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2015, 04:08:49 am »

That bit of time was very very confusing and some people did just flat out vanish without combat reports. Sorry, but it's a mystery to me as well.

EDIT: The possible options are:

-Killed by zombie zuglarkun
-Burned to death by an imp
-Fell down stairs and spontaneously exploded
-?????

I suspect the latter is most probable.

And yes, I did snaffle the only artifact coffin for my own tomb. Perks of the job and all.

The fact that Sir Humphrey is rusty at marksdwarf stuff means that there's something wrong with our military.....it'd be a good idea to check on the training setup and make sure everyone has the right weapons and bolts....because I mostly didn't bother.

Edit2: And yes, the tower's a bit crap. I ran out of blocks at the end of the year. :(
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:17:49 am by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2015, 06:30:17 am »

Since I seem to have died without a corpse again, could you slab me before I come back to annoy the fortress?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2015, 11:12:25 am »

So I'm a better Butcher than Doctor... but Aren't they the same skill for dwarves?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2015, 11:14:43 am »

we should build this
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »

Cool, chill, chilli, hot sauce, maybe I'll visit as a flaming ghost habanero!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

Next turn is mine, so if you want I can make Sir Humphrey immortal for real.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

Names should be up to date. Does anyone know whether children with no mother/father retroactively gain one if their parent gets married? We had a single mother in the migrant wave and it'd be interesting to see whether stepfathers can be a thing.

9th of Limestone, 203, the fortress of Murderflood.
The miners seemed to have stopped complaining about digging rooms right above where a former overseer had been unfortunately incinerated. Asmoth never quite understood why people had problems working prime real estate just because it still smelled faintly of cooking meat and singed beard hair. It was the best place for working magma forges in any case, as long as you didn't mind a long trek to work. Now that she seemed to be getting a grip on the place, she might be able to figure out what was the going on with this mention of wereb-
"Asmoth!"
Asmoth winced. "Hello, Taupe," she said, forcing a smile. "How's work in the farms going?"
"I dunno," Taupe shrugged happily. "I just supervise them. The others figured that it was important that I should tell you something, in any case. What're you doing down here?"
"We're building some magma smelters so that we don't have to burn wood any more," Asmoth answered, still not entirely sure what frequency the former overseer operated on. "What were you supposed to tell me?"
"Oh, right," Taupe said, dropping the silver nuggets he was poking at. "Bomrek Reverefortress has gone insane."

"And that's a bad thing?" said Asmoth, wondering what you had to do to qualify as insane in this place.
"I'm not really sure. It's happened with a few people before, but they normally just make some cool stuff and go back to normal."
"I guess we should just leave him alone then."
"Sounds like a good plan! Can I do anything with the forges?"
"You can take this," Asmoth grunted, pushing the handle of a wheelbarrow at Taupe. "Find some metal ore, put it in the wheelbarrow and take it down here."
"That sounds like fun! What do I do after that?"
"Just keep doing it until there aren't any more ores to bring down here."
"Ok!"
"And Taupe? What were you saying before about were-"
"What? I can't hear you over the sound of this thing!" Taupe shouted gleefully, forcing the wheelbarrow up the stairs. Asmoth sighed.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2015, 07:25:18 pm »

Requesting a dwarfing, and a turn eventually.

(I might not be able to do the turn, but a spot in the line would be nice in case I am able.)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »

I'll also take a dwarf. Might wait until I've assembled the parts for my new computer before taking a turn. (First new computer in 10 years, I'm so excited! Playing DF at 4 fps is basically standard for me right now.)
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2015, 07:04:06 am »

Hmm, doesn't dying due to magma/fire get registered as "bled to death", as they both cause bleeding (along with melting and nasty feelings)? It might be the game doesn't properly recognise magma being the cause of death and assumes the entity which caused bleeding earlier (the bear) is behind it. Or maybe it has something to do with the amount of blood bled. I don't know. This requires !!SCIENCE!!.

I'll also take a dwarf. Might wait until I've assembled the parts for my new computer before taking a turn. (First new computer in 10 years, I'm so excited! Playing DF at 4 fps is basically standard for me right now.)
10 years? Oh lord. I had my previous computer for about 8 years and the last years along with it were complete misery.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2015, 01:19:26 pm »

That's about how long my old one lasted. It was an awesome machine.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2015, 05:35:14 pm »

I roll the strange ring between my fingers as I contemplate the small building on top of the hillock. It's a nice piece of jewellery and Bomrek seems to be back to normal (and far better at engraving than before), but I'm not sure how or why he needed to have so many cats killed to make such a small piece. Probably for the best to keep an eye on him until the local pets definitely aren't under threat any more. The sun glinting off the granite walls draws my attention back to the present. Spring is coming to a close and the locals seem to have accepted that I'm some form of nobility- or they at least do whatever I tell them without asking questions, which is basically the same thing- but as a fortress this place is pathetic. I put in a lot of effort to improve my lot in life, and the place I rule is going to be impressive. I can imagine a tower or three rising into the sky, ringed by magma and perhaps a few legendary warriors exposed to the effects of the lake's fog in a hidden chamber to deal with anyone trying to invade us anyway.

There will be problems, to be sure. The sand up here isn't going to kart itself down to the magma forges, and I'm not sure we even have enough bags to set up a reliable workflow. The masons are probably going to take their year long holidays when they find out that I actually want them to do their jobs. Still, I've always been a firm believer that with enough work- preferably done by other people- you can turn even the most depressing of hell holes into something liveable. I'm still smiling at the thought of finally living in comfort when I hear a rumbling in the distance. Grunting, I pull myself to the top of the squat building, peering at the approaching dust cloud. Humans. I wasn't expecting them until later, but better early than carrying weapons and trying to kill us, I suppose.
"Caravan," I yell at the layabouts. "Lower the gates!"

Asmoth's Diary, 19th of Hematite
The trading has gone fairly well overall. We got some iron to melt down as well as quite a lot of cloth and some weapons. I'm planning to use whatever decent metals we can get in order to rearrange the militia almost entirely, what we currently have barely seems to be organised at all. I'll probably include a bigger barracks for them in one of the towers if I get around to it. Speaking of increasing the size of the militia, a wave of migrants arrived today. They're nothing special to look at, but they did bring a llama with them, so that's something.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:04:48 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2015, 07:38:09 pm »

That's about how long my old one lasted. It was an awesome machine.

Mine melted eventually. I stole borrowed a laptop from my brother and I've been getting by with that for the time being. (It's cool, he stole a brand new TV my parents had bought me for my birthday when we were kids, a used laptop he got off a friend is barely compensation.) It's not really meant to do what I've been using it for, poor thing.

Can I have a dwarf? I can't remember if I asked or not. I don't have a preference, just a spare dwarf. Maybe the one with the llama... though llamas kind of scare me come to think of it. I guess that could be a point of dramatic tension in my dwarf's life.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 83