Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212328 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2015, 05:11:23 am »

The trench is for storing the magma right? The way I'm looking at it, invaders can breach the dike defenses by climbing around (not over) the trench walls near the 2 edges of the lake.

There is a way to circumvent this without removing your designs, though there is some risk involved. We would have to extend the trench walls in the southwest and northeast up to the lake borders (just the outer walls), joining them up to form a perimeter around the entire fort. This would be better than making tons of traps (that require maintenance) to cover a weak spot in our defenses.

I like the trade depot island suspended in a sea of magma you did though.

I think I see a spot where we can accommodate a magma pump stack without necessarily breaching the caverns. It will cut through some of the digging designations for the tombs and come up on the southern doorway towards the underground farms though.

Overall, I'm not worried about the surface defenses. I think we're doing pretty good (thus far) on that front. What I'm worried about is our cave defenses...

There are many ways of dealing with that particular can of worms though, just that I won't be the one to do it personally on my upcoming turn.

Ah, yes, I see now. Yeah.....a difficult one to fix, that one. The caverns pass under the lake. Anything that dies down there is going to get up and keep on coming.

On the plus side, this will eventually get rid of any FBs down there.

On the downside, it means FB zombies. And limbs. Lots of limbs.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2015, 06:02:08 am »

Overhangs will stop things from getting over the walls. A simple one wide floor all the way around the outside is enough. They can climb up, but not upside down.

Personally I'd suggest altering the caverns so that anything coming through has to run through a long gauntlet of weapon traps full of green glass discs. FB's won't be bothered, but zombies will get chainsawed into hamburger. At the moment though I'd be willing to bet on our military being able to take any FB that gets in.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2015, 08:06:04 am »

Overhangs will stop things from getting over the walls. A simple one wide floor all the way around the outside is enough. They can climb up, but not upside down.

Overhangs won't impede invaders from climbing along the wall to get around the dike.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »

i like buzzsawing things into oblivion.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »

Oh. Perhaps carve fortifications into the walls so archers can shoot at them as they crawl around.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

Oh. Perhaps carve fortifications into the walls so archers can shoot at them as they crawl around.

There are a few, small issues with carving holes into the side of a magma dike.

Edit: Also stationing archers inside it may be an issue.

[/edit]

Spamming weapons traps where they might land after they drop off might work though.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:54:06 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2015, 05:12:05 pm »

I meant on the walls above the dike. Spamming weapons traps is always useful.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2015, 05:29:15 pm »

Depending on what the fort looks like when I'm next up, weapon trap spam is high on my to-do list.

That and beehives. I only got three of them snuck into place this year. Moltenchannels was great fun for beehives.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 02, 2015, 01:17:25 am »

Zuglarkun IV Kubukonul brings tidings from the east

"It was a good decision to have laid low this past year, it seems that the enemy knows of the purpose of those whom bear my title. I hope that the danger has past, but I cannot be certain. Therefore, I have come now to speak with you three that remain of the founding seven. I'm sure that you've discovered that the last two to bear my title were of course, impostors seeking some measure of fame and recognition. I assure you, I need no such proofs, nor do I seek any measure of fame or status. My fellows and I are ever at your service, so treat us as you would any other dwarf. Unfortunately for my predecessors, they took my place and succumbed to the nefarious designs the enemy had laid for me. It is unfortunate, but due to their meddling, whatever plans the first Zuglarkun brought with her are now irretrievably marred. That matters little now, for we must look ahead. But first you shall hear of the tidings I bring.

I hail from the far east, from lands that were once well known to the inhabitants of these parts, but are now only remembered by a handful. My people were once a part of the great migration that dared venture into The Universe of Destiny, as were your forebears. But we tarried on the path and eventually stayed behind while your forebears forged on and settled the land, founding great kingdoms here.

My people founded settlements in the unknown east, and have sought to maintain a distance by refusing the summons from the court here. Our great prophet Abras Nirurgelut said that a crafty rabbit has three dens, and that the time had not yet come, and so we waited. But we have not forgotten and we've sent messengers every few years to maintain close relations with the founding line here that has since become the royal lineage.

My forefathers once swore an oath that in times of need, we would come forth from the forgotten lands to aid our brethren. The elders spoke of an ancient enemy, the omniscient "Magdark". Our ancient records note that he was once thwarted, but that he shall rise again, though it did not specify in what shape or form. Our elders say that it falls upon us to thwart him a second time, and they deemed that the time of need has now come. For my people received an urgent plea from your queen saying that an ancient threat has been revived, and that they were harried from all sides by our ancient foes the goblins. We few have come as representatives of our lands, and now we seek to fulfill that oath, to give what aid we can in these desperate times."

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 02, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »

Wouldn't a 2 wide dike of lava be better, as it would mean climbers would have to be lava-proof to get in?
Microline for everyone!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2015, 07:57:43 pm »

I'm not sure how that'd work. They'd still be able to climb around the edges of the dike, surely?

It should be Flame's turn now, shouldn't it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2015, 08:03:33 pm »

Got save, I'll start tomorrow.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »

Update tomorrow sometime probably.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 04, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »

Rest in RIP in Pepperoni, Murderflood.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 04, 2015, 11:04:54 pm »

Depending on which bridge, you may be able to fling her to safety by closing the bridges.......

...I mean, it'll probably kill her, but you know. It might work.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 83