Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 216070 times)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:19 pm »

Ha, that bit with Gwolfsky at the end is a nice touch.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

whoops wrong thread you saw nothing

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2015, 10:21:58 pm »

OOC notes:

- It was a boring winter with most of everyone tied up in pump operating duties.
- The temple with the starting seven and the gods? Totally made it up, but the statues are real though, so we can dedicate a room for them if need be.
- If anyone wants to make more levers and stuff, I recommend making it out of obsidian or other magma proof rock. This goes for the linkages as well.
- I made 4 magma proof wells to replace the old one; obsidian blocks and mechanisms, iron chains and iron buckets. Why magma proof? Just in case there is a need to drown the surrounding area in magma. Also there is a lever to control obsidian hatches in the lever tower that can seal the wells from magma. Toggle it to seal the well before flooding it in magma, the magma should then drain from the fortifications on the 1st level if it enters the top of the well. We should relocate the old hospital there and make a new complex over it.
- The forges in the caverns are going to be unpowered soon because the magma does not replenish on the z-level they were built on. Though magma will replenish on the z-level the magma pump stack is built on, so we don't need to worry about that. We might want to finish up the above ground forges asap.
- I've forbidden all the inaccessible crap in the lake and in the caverns (including corpses). This will stop dwarves from wandering into the caverns and claiming stuff if we decide to open up the caverns later.
- I set stuff to be forbidden on death, mainly to stop dwarves from claiming stuff in the middle of battle or picking up hauling jobs during battle. So anyone playing after this might want to mass select stuff to unforbid after every major battle.
- the new uniforms are without weapon designations, you'll have to add them in manually. But I don't think we'll need to make any more squads.
- I suspect that the lake does not replenish itself with water, main reason why I built another well.
- We now have water pumps and magma pumps. Hmmm... what can we use them for I wonder?

Things to note for Gwolfsky:

- I forgot to make bolts. Oops. Our marksdwarves are without ammunition. Use either silver or copper, we have plenty of both.
- We need more containers. Make a shit ton of clay pots and ash and remember to glaze them.
- That dwarf stuck in the new magma forge with magma all around? Bloody trouble maker that tantrums. You can either convict her for her crimes, leave her for dead or attempt to free her. I leave it up to you.
- I traded a lot of unneeded crap last season so there might be a shortage of trade goods especially for the autumn caravan (I ordered tons of stuff), we do have lots of prepared meals and finished goods left over though. You can probably trade the non magma safe mechanisms as well. Oh, and the new broker lacks appraiser skill, so there might be a problem.
- We lack wood and we need it for many things (including steel making), so remember to trade for wood.
- We still lack a full set of masterwork steel weaponry for every squad, you can get Flame II to work on those.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:33:15 pm by Zuglarkun »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #453 on: November 21, 2015, 06:06:59 am »

i just make everything magma safe, make bolts, obtain wood, make masterwork steel armour?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 21, 2015, 06:16:17 am »

Hmm.....do we have enough space around for tree farming to be viable?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #455 on: November 21, 2015, 06:24:58 am »

I HAVE IDEA!!!!

Gwolfski cancels post: struck by idea
A section of the cavern has collapsed! x56

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 21, 2015, 07:50:18 am »

I HAVE IDEA!!!!

EDIT: You can link the flux mining area with the well drainage to make tree farms. We're gonna dig out the flux layer for steel making anyway.

Oh, make a full set x10 of steel weapons (axe, spear and sword) first. Then do armor. We're like halfway there already with the edged weapons. Use flame II as his legendary.

i just make everything magma safe, make bolts, obtain wood, make masterwork steel armour?

Oh wait before I forget... I DEMAND MOAR MAGMA IN THE MAGMA DIKE!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:59:07 am by Zuglarkun »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #457 on: November 21, 2015, 07:53:17 am »

I HAVE IDEA!!!!

Digging an open area near the new well would be viable. You can use the water pumps there for irrigation.

different idea.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 21, 2015, 10:07:43 am »

"Again," I say, watching Azula from behind my desk. She was standing with her hands clasped behind her back, with no sign of annoyance in spite of her being quizzed on the political upheaval for the past two hours. She had a lot of promise.
"Our general is Tirist Shoremanors," she said, her voice full of interest in spite of the boredom in her eyes. "Appointed to the position in the late Spring of 205 by the newly elected queen, Zasit Woundblue. Originally from Boardsomber, she moved to Veilmanor in 200 and was there during the Bloody Assault of 201. Aside from that, she has no military experience that we know of, so it’s unclear why she was appointed to the position. We do know that she is the sister of Zuglarkun III, granddaughter of Haerdalas I and niece of Crazy Urist, but there’s no reason to believe that this affected her appointment.”

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I nod, glancing at notes in front of me.

Spoiler: Tirist (click to show/hide)

“Now the queen,” I prompt, running my fingers through my hair and pulling it back into a tight ponytail. I’d considered cutting it off altogether to avoid having to stuff it down the back of my neck in battle, but it was considered unfashionable by visiting nobles. Nobles were even stupider than peasants sometimes. Most times to be honest. It was why I’d gotten as far as I had.
Azula closes her eyes briefly, then recites: “Zasit Woundblue became queen after Obok Constructrazor’s death in 205. She was originally from Scribedglaze, moving to Brandgears at the age of fourteen in 72 to become a ranger, then a mercenary almost thirty years later. She worked as a sellsword for just over a hundred years, though she doesn’t seem to have taken part in any battles during this time. In 203, Zasit became the outpost liaison of the Stirred Irons, using this influence to become the mayor of Brandgears later that year. Even though the title was essentially an empty honour after the conquering of Brandgears by the Thief of Curls that same year, the position allowed Zassit to be a viable candidate and eventually secure the monarchy.”

Spoiler: Zasit (click to show/hide)

“Good. Could any other factors have aided her in that achievement?”
“She’s a member of a cult that worships the Shigós Washedrawness the Plain Gill of Mosses, but we don’t know whether they wield enough influence to act as a kingmaker. Given the amount of damage that the titan has done over the years, it would be foolish to discount it as a factor, though.”

Spoiler: Shigós (click to show/hide)

“Of course,” I nod. “You’re tired, aren’t you?”
Azula hesitates for a moment. She’s probably wondering if this is a trap of some sort, but decides to go with honesty anyway. “Yes. I don’t see why this is all so important. And Morgan doesn’t have to do it!”
“She will when she’s older. I want you two to be able to get whatever you want, and the best way to get people to give you what you want is to know what they want. And to know what they want, you have to understand them. For example, I’ll let you go play if you tell me who could inherit the throne should our queen suffer an unfortunate accident.”
The girl sucks her lower lip, thinking. “She has three living children,” she says eventually. “The eldest, Vucar Urgewheels, seems to be a reasonable heir. He has three living children though only one, Haerdalas II, is a viable inheritor of the crown since the other two were abducted by goblins as children. Zasit’s also appointed him as the outpost liaison when she became mayor of Boardsomber, which means she either trusts him or wants him to get more experience in dealing with the political realm. Illral Mirrorsqueeze might be her choice in spite of being younger, since he also worships Shígos. Her third child was abducted in infancy.

Spoiler: Vucar (click to show/hide)

“Besides children, she has three living siblings. Tekkud Landglazed is her elder, but his wife got abducted by a gloom man, so people think he’s cursed. Then there’s Humphrey Cactusson, but I’d rule him out by reason of insanity. He’d be the best choice from our point of view though, since he lives here and insane people are easy to manipulate. Vutok Lancedcoal seems like her most likely choice behind Vucar, since Zasit’s appointed her as our diplomat. It’s possible that Vutok is her first choice as well, since she chose Vucar as her replacement when she became a mayor rather than a royal. She might not have had anything bigger in mind for him at the time.”

Spoiler: Vutok (click to show/hide)

I smile, impressed at her memory. “Well done. You can go, but make sure to look after your sister-” I continue talking over the groaning “- and stay away from the walls! I can’t have you getting turned into a dwarf roast after all the work you've done!”

Leaning back in my chair, I listen as her footsteps fade away down the stairs. Haerdalas and Humphrey both had children living in the fortress. It might be worth giving Azula a few days free from studying as long as she made sure to talk to them. Powerful friends were useful after all, especially if you were their friend before they were powerful... Even if the throne ended up beyond her reach, Azula was certainly turning into a girl that would be able to accomplish a lot with the friendship of a royal.

OOC: Most of our nobility seems to be related to the queen now for whatever reason. Possibly nepotism, possibly coincidence. I like to think that Zasit is a power hungry usurper like me.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:39:53 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2015, 10:14:11 am »

Ah, I figured Shigos was a titan or megabeast of some kind. I recognize the name from when I saw someone worshiping it.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2015, 02:53:26 pm »

WHERE ARE THE BEARS WE NEED BEARS BUILD A TEMPLE FOR THE BEARS

Also, nice updates! So, if everyone dies out there we're going to be playing Crusader Kings in Murderflood?

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »

WHERE ARE THE BEARS WE NEED BEARS BUILD A TEMPLE FOR THE BEARS

Also, nice updates! So, if everyone dies out there we're going to be playing Crusader Kings in Murderflood?

I've always wanted to play that game but it would kill my computer dead with a glance. Nice work with the legends finder Deus. I find that mode so frustrating.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 22, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »

Some of the stuff in it is pretty strange, like siblings not showing up as related historical figures. It'd be nice if you could get family trees of kings and stuff.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »

Some of the stuff in it is pretty strange, like siblings not showing up as related historical figures. It'd be nice if you could get family trees of kings and stuff.

Family cactus.

I'm also in favor of more bears, but only if they can live in harmony with my swarms of angry bees.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2015, 06:12:12 pm »

Murderflood: Land of the Teddy Bear Cholla.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 83