Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212329 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #675 on: February 06, 2016, 10:40:29 pm »

We rushed Zefon and another wounded dwarf to the hospital but they had to wait for the doctor to finish treating Sir Humphrey.

Probably-fatal injuries, crippling, or just scratches? Might have to bring in a new dorf for me in time....

Haerdalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Located on a plane of Infinite Cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 06, 2016, 10:47:08 pm »

For the record, I do not believe I have noticed it being mentioned that I had named my shield yet, so we may have more aegis naming yet to come!

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »

We rushed Zefon and another wounded dwarf to the hospital but they had to wait for the doctor to finish treating Sir Humphrey.

Probably-fatal injuries, crippling, or just scratches? Might have to bring in a new dorf for me in time....

It's a broken finger, so it may well be fatal.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 07, 2016, 12:29:07 am »

Most excellent updates! I was hoping for more McDuck shenanigans but this is good in its own way.

Come see our coming attractions! Watch the elusive Cloudcuckoolander take on the vicious Cactus! Only in Murderflood!

How is the situation in the caverns looking at the moment? We ought to send a team down there sometime soon before it gets out of control.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #679 on: February 07, 2016, 06:10:44 am »

How is the situation in the caverns looking at the moment? We ought to send a team down there sometime soon before it gets out of control.

You mean magma?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:56 am »

Nice one Gwolfsky.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 07, 2016, 11:35:32 am »

Nice turn! The gobbos seem to make invasion attempts quite often now. Not that it would seem to matter at all. Have we forged more adamantine weapons?

And hey, add me to the turn list, please.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2016, 05:51:25 am »

Most excellent updates! I was hoping for more McDuck shenanigans but this is good in its own way.

Come see our coming attractions! Watch the elusive Cloudcuckoolander take on the vicious Cactus! Only in Murderflood!

I'm not vicious!

A bit prickly perhaps, but a big softy at heart.

(For a cactus that apparently likes building massive moats intended to be filled with magma)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2016, 08:17:27 am »

And hey, add me to the turn list, please.

With Taupe still out of action, let's see what I can do to make things easier to follow.

I went back and fished out those that had requested for turns. It's now up on the front page under my post, right at the bottom. I didn't add back those that had their turns skipped unless they made it clear they wanted another turn down the line. Let me know if I missed out anyone, and I'll add you back where you belong.

Current turn list:

Triaxx2, current turn
Urist McKiwi, second turn
PyroTechno
Deus Asmoth, second turn
theflame52, second turn
Zuglarkun, second turn
Gwolfski, second turn
Vuohijumala, second turn
Haerdalas, second turn

The third and last part of the fall of boardsomber will be out in a few days I hope. I've got the overall plot thought out, and it just needs to be committed to writing. in preparation for this, I went and reclaimed our mountainhome in a copy of the game, so all that stuff in the screenshots in my previous posts are actually how it looks like in-game.

EDIT: The missing images of the fortress from gwolfsky's turn to duckthatquacks turn have been updated. My rinky dink laptop can't really run Armok vision at the best settings without crashing so this will have to do.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:18:02 am by Zuglarkun »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:04 am »

Can anyone explain the purpose of the enormous water cistern connected to the map edge? And where the levers for it might be? Wait, it's connected to a pump stack that leads to another cistern way down in the caves, that also has a map edge exit. Hang on, the stack isn't finished. Wait, there's a note. Well Cistern... Do wells even work with hatches in the way? And the stack comes up under the upper left archery range.

It's a good thing I'm a ghost, or I'd have a headache. It seems I'm not the only crazy person around though, so that's a good sign.

And why are there beds in the crafting levels? Urgh. Alright, fine. It seems I must deal with this housing issue. I have ordered the Construction of barracks in the central courtyard.

Ooh, the Elves have arrived. Shall we steal all their things?

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 08, 2016, 10:49:38 am »

Can anyone explain the purpose of the enormous water cistern connected to the map edge? And where the levers for it might be? Wait, it's connected to a pump stack that leads to another cistern way down in the caves, that also has a map edge exit. Hang on, the stack isn't finished. Wait, there's a note. Well Cistern... Do wells even work with hatches in the way? And the stack comes up under the upper left archery range.

Ah yes, the enormous water cistern. Prototype magma proof well, which can be sealed and is safe from attack. The wells are dry when hatches are in the way and become active when the lever operated hatches are released. The drains to the map edge allow for maintenance and repair if necessary (like perhaps, drowning dwaves). Press "shift+f1" to go to the lever room, and look in the 2nd row of levers for a lever labelled "well hatch" to toggle the hatches. In the event of needing to purge everything above ground with magma, seal the well with the "well hatch" lever to prevent contamination. The fortifications will allow magma to drain away if any gets into the well.

Someone built the archery range there before I could extend the water pumps above ground, its not really an issue though.

EDIT: Looks like the zone for the prototype magma proof well needs to be extended one tile outwards in order for it to register as a water source. Argh, I must have overlooked that.

If the duchess gets uppity because of poor accommodations, you might want to unassign her old lodgings; top floor, third row, second bed from the left.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:17:00 am by Zuglarkun »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 08, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »

Thanks a lot, Zuglarkun. I've copy/pasted the new requests to the end of the list, and updated it using your tally! That really helped.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:12:55 pm by Taupe »

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2016, 11:11:27 am »

what is blitz's job atm?
Microline for everyone!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »

Magma Temperature analyst. :P

Actually he's a cook, even if his custom profession says Traveller. Time to deconstruct the kitchen. :D Actually he just cooked a masterwork 'Strawberry Plant Roast'.

Also, we jacked the elven Caravan. We even stole their Elven Roast Beast. I suspect negotiations with the diplomat are going to go poorly. Presuming he can manage to track down the mayor or duchess, whomever gets unlucky enough to be stuck in a meeting with him.

Surprise surprise, the elf diplomat demanded we stop cutting trees. I demanded he do something anatomically impossible. I don't think he was pleased. Neither was the duchess who couldn't figure out what she'd said to annoy him. There are advantages to being a ghost.

Meanwhile, yet another Militia member has named a piece of equipment. This time it's a proper dwarven choice, of a battle axe. (Photo to follow.)

The barracks are coming along if a little slowly. I've told off anyone not doing anything else to go ahead and assist with the walls. I'm hoping the glass furnaces get going soon so we can get some green glass doors placed down. I'm going to alternate doors as the structure rises, so each one will be built on the top of the wall below. That should mean less issues with dwarves falling through the open door of a lower neighbor.

Nearing the end of the month, the ramp is complete and I designate the first stages of construction for the second floor.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 11, 2016, 08:05:03 pm »

The walls of the Barracks are Rhyolite, though we're a little low on those. And the floors will be slate. Surprisingly we're also low on those. I've designated a new Mason's workshop which will only accept Rhyolite and Slate blocks and had it setup past the looms which sit over a mason for reasons I can't fathom. I thought I'd left better notes.

Top level, final product of the workshop below.
Mid level, actual workshop.
Bottom level, raw material for use in the workshop.

Ah well. I've designated some mining done to provide raw resources. Annoyingly, the slate is nice and close, but the Rhyolite is way up near the surface. Sigh. Oh well.

Ah ha! Flame III is the first official occupant of the barracks. His door is currently on back order and should arrive sometime within the next six to eight years, but he's ready to move in.

(I'm getting 11 FPS, so I'm going to try turning off Temperature and see if that helps.)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 83