Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212399 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #735 on: February 27, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »

McKiwi, are you planning to redorf recactus yourself or can I assume this is from the viewpoint of a ghost cactus? Need to know for er... storyline reasons...

I've taken over one of our hunters as "Urist McKiwi", reworked profession to "Knight of Cactus". I think she's an expert marksdwarf, but since we ran out of bolts I wouldn't know.

I also renamed a squad in memory of our beloved former leader. 'The Order of Cactus' will prickle the hell out of things with their crossbows.....once they've had some training. And bolts.

I'd do some IC updates, but I've been really super-busy this week (researching for my masters proposal + running a stall at the student's association clubs day + making a mod for a jam over at another community) and doing good updates takes time.

@Triaxx<--There are separate levers for each airlocks internal and external doors. Those are linked up right now....I need the emergency cutoffs done still, but the doors are fine.

EDIT:

BTW, our caverns generally look something like this:

(Not visible: most of the undead)

And we've got a bunch of zombie tigerfish flopping restlessly towards the main gate. Nothing to worry about.

Edit2: And I'm drafting a whole bunch of random people to restock the military with fresh victims. Our existing squads were either full of people who never trained, or full of veterans...but not very many of them. I'm slowly fixing that, although obviously with no new immigrants we face long term....issues....with this. I've also reworked the training schedule so the veterans get their hands dirty moving furniture.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:51:29 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #736 on: February 27, 2016, 05:52:30 pm »

I told you to put magma in the caverns....
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 27, 2016, 07:14:00 pm »

Stick the veterans in charge of squads. That way, we'll get the recruits to sparring level faster.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:26 pm »

I told you to put magma in the caverns....

1. Temperature's turned off
&
2. The idea i to be able to use the caverns. :P

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 27, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »

And we've got a bunch of zombie tigerfish flopping restlessly towards the main gate. Nothing to worry about.

Hold up...

Did you say zombie... tigerfish?

A shoal of them?

Flopping on land?

That's like some Junji ito levels of bizarre shit right there. Can we get some screenshots of those?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 28, 2016, 05:26:21 am »

Hold up...

Did you say zombie... tigerfish?

A shoal of them?

Flopping on land?

That's like some Junji ito levels of bizarre shit right there. Can we get some screenshots of those?

Well...not of the same group, but sure. There were about 5-6 in the first horde/shoal of them. They flopped their way over to the big piles of corpses outside the fort, did a few loops of the pile, went over to the entrance and back again..... then left the area. Alas, no pictures of that.

But a few more turned up just now and popped over to a different bit of the shore:

This is one of the big dangers of having an evil lake: undead fish do not airdrown, so they can and will go flopping around trying to eat people. And IRL tigerfish have quite nasty teeth so while they're probably no match for the militia, I don't want them teaming up with the titan that's still chilling out in the lake. And I'm quite glad we don't have a fishing industry.

Still, they're not sharks or giant sponges, so we're good on that front.

All spikes in Airlock 1 are either in position, on their way to being in position, or ordered with only a reasonably short delay. The new bottleneck is getting them attached to the lever. Only one job at a time, only ten queued at a time....it's going to take a while. Still, plenty of time left in the year.

We also have a human caravan that ran past the first batch of fish and was ignored by the titan. I'm moving goods over for trading now, having cycled the bridges to keep the fort nice and safe. No wagons though.

Also no migrants. We are well and truly alone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:29:18 am by Urist McKiwi »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 29, 2016, 11:45:00 am »

The fish can provide some live training for dwarves stationed atop the wall. Archery, go!

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 29, 2016, 05:48:07 pm »

Those caverns are truly a mess..

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 02, 2016, 02:07:26 am »

Bit of a holdup on my end, sorry. I might need an extra few days to finish things up.....I've been bogged down in research for the last few days.

Still, progress is being made:

-Spikes are very slowly getting hooked up
-I traded a load of gems and stuff for all the cloth I could get, plus some seeds and food for interesting crops
-I've completed a new hospital near the NE gate. It has traction benches, unlike the old one which was always supposed to be temporary.
-Said hospital is a lot bigger as well, because we're gonna need that at some point.
-More bolts!
-More trousers!
-Possibility of some shirts as well!
-Desert titan still swimming in lake. Tempted to bait with human caravan.
-Our youngsters are growing up and joining the workforce. Right as I run out of jobs for them.

Edit: And, alas, the cloudcuckoolander just went beserk. One of the recruits dismembered her.

Edit2: Ah crap. We got a husked camel inbound. Welp, time to sacrifice some traders.

.....and the titan attacked a tortoise and got itself crippled, somehow. It's right outside the gate. Yeah, I'm gonna let the traders take care of this one.

Edit3: "Ah! Hello youngster! I see you're old enough to join the workforce now. How do you feel about hitting things with axes?"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:40:33 am by Urist McKiwi »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 02, 2016, 09:49:23 am »

At this rate we should mostly worry about the tortoise...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 02, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »

You know what? We can probably take that Titan.

I'll just be on the wall, cheering you all on. :D

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:43 pm »

You know what? We can probably take that Titan.

I'll just be on the wall, cheering you all on. :D

We probably can, yes. Turns out it wasn't crippled....it just knocks itself out a lot. Or something. But it's green glass, so hammers will kill it super-easily.

But the camel husk....that's more dangerous. And we don't get new migrants, so I'm trying to avoid losing anyone who can be saved (the cloudcuckoolander was just too broken by her life to continue, sadly).

Even worse, those two are very close to each other, and that green glass titan has webs. If it gets a good shot at our cage traps, our best soldiers get caged during the charge and we lose a lot of people very quickly. ALternatively they get webbed and the husk rips them apart. The last thing that ran into the husk was a regular old camel, and it had its head explode in a fountain of blood from a single blow.

I'm working on a new tower that should let us pepper them both with bolts. I've also knocked down a wall on a different tower to set up a firing area on top of a roof. I've also got more bolts so we can actually shoot at things. We'll see how that goes soon enough. :)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 03, 2016, 06:37:43 am »

Perhaps we have one useless member we can station between the husk and the titan? A useless peasant mighty noble who can get them to fight?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 03, 2016, 06:50:17 am »

I would like to be dorfed as an arcetecht/mason... Who has... Ideas!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 03, 2016, 09:42:45 am »

I would like to be dorfed as an arcetecht/mason... Who has... Ideas!
Those are not a good thing to have when we're looking for bait to make two terrifying creatures fight.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83