Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212298 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #900 on: June 10, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »

..so, the sentient lake finally penetrated the barrier between Murderflood and our realm?

Worrying.
Oh well, thats what you get for losing the mortal kombat this year.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 12, 2016, 11:02:19 pm »

It's been a while since I played and/or doomed a well-established fortress.

Dwarf me and add me to the turn list. I'll try to catch up on the story thus far in the mean time.

(Edit 1) Ooh, nice pictures Taupe. And an FPS Hell Bonepillar reference! Apparently I already exist in this universe as an author. Awesome! I really should have been paying more attention to this thread.

Welp, I know what my gimmick is gonna be.

------

My name's QuQuasar, Quasar tah me friends, and I'm a word wrangler.

Now I know what ye all are thinking... yeh think I'm some fancy pants "author". Yeh think I sit at meh desk writin' words. Yeh think I'm soft! Well, let me ask ye all a few questions:

Have ye ever stood yah ground while a 300 pound thesaurus is bearing down own ye, knowin' if yeh move a muscle it'll trample yeh?

Have ye ever dug a flesheatin' bookworm outta yeh skin wit' only a rusty knife an' a plump helmet ta' bite down on?

Have ye ever faced off agin an entire swarm o' venomous pronouns, wit' only yeh wits an' a homemade smokebomb yer not even sure will work?

Nay! Nay ye haven't. Yeh see these scars? These are writin' scars.

So I'll ask ye ta respect the noble profession of word wrangler, lest I get sick of ye all and leave ye to the uncaring mercy of a savage and untamed language.

Respect the wrangler!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:51:40 am by QuQuasar »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 13, 2016, 12:36:19 pm »

Welcome aboard, Quasar!

On a sidenote, it's now time to abort Heardalas's turn and pass on the torch to the next player. This means...

Triaxx, you are now our new overseer!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:33 am »

Okay, I'll hunt down the post with the save in it, and start maybe tomorrow. Tonight if I can swing it. Just got an awesome new Keyboard to play with, and this will be perfect. Once I stop being enchanted by the Backlights...

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 14, 2016, 03:16:35 pm »

My life is in slightly less freefall now (a place to live, hurray!), so could I get added to the turn list?  I'll try to catch up with the fort history in the next week.

ETA: Why doesn't the poll have an option for 'War Keas are silly, that's why we should do it!'?  That seems like the appropriate response, really.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:19:51 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »

Spring:

Ugh. What happened? Why am I in the... Oh sweet Armok no. I am not overseer again. What happened to the other guy?

Trombone accident? A Tuba WHERE? In how many pieces? Sheesh, some dorfs are such Critics. No appreciation for the fine arts. Fair enough then. Where's the fire? No fire? Don't worry, it'll be along. Well, no problem.

She can have an office and be our manager. We seem short one, and her title is administrator. So she can go right ahead and administrate.

Given how well the lever trap worked, I've given orders to begin implementing my version of the trap corridor. Mechanisms will now be produced en masse along with serrated glass discs. We're going to mince those undead. The Forgotten beasts might be an issue, but if I can lay my hands on a cave spider... webs make things trip traps even if they don't, right?

A Kobold Thief of all things decides to wander over the forward drawbridge. The military mobilize, but by the time they arrive, it's gone and buggered off. Good riddance.

(I love how my original body is still listed as missing.)

How do I pump some more magma into the moat? I'm looking at the numbers, and there is a wave of 6's rolling back and forth across the moat. I suspect that's why I'm getting 7 FPS.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2016, 12:24:47 am »

I find I'm actually rather looking forward to my turn. Any opinions on what I should focus on?

Optimisation

Pro's: Makes the fortress more efficient.
Con's: Boring.

Beautification and stress relief

Pro's: Spires! Obelisks! Solid gold dining tables! And slightly happier dwarves (as a bonus).
Con's: Happy dwarves are less entertaining.

Retaking the caverns

Pro's: Mushroom wood and FPS.
Con's: Fairly likely to kill everyone.

Retaking the caverns... with magma!

Pro's: Magma caverns! And FPS.
Con's: Almost certain to kill everyone.

Megaproject

Pro's: Awesome-looking.
Con's: Useless.

Megaproject... with magma!

Pro's: Awesome-looking and not useless!
Con's: Will inevitiably kill everyone.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #907 on: June 16, 2016, 02:59:22 am »

Last option. Definitively
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 16, 2016, 04:00:47 am »

How do I pump some more magma into the moat? I'm looking at the numbers, and there is a wave of 6's rolling back and forth across the moat. I suspect that's why I'm getting 7 FPS.
There's a huge pumpstack near the surface forges. Sorry, I thought the magma in the moat had stabilized (I stole some for the magma bunkers).

I find I'm actually rather looking forward to my turn. Any opinions on what I should focus on?
More towers, definitely. Or hey, lava aqueducts! Though we also desperately need optimisation..

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 16, 2016, 11:55:22 am »

More towers, definitely. Or hey, lava aqueducts! Though we also desperately need optimisation..
Retaking the caverns is exactly what we need to improve fps and reduce DPS (dwarf-per-square)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 16, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »

Ah. I'll check into it. Hopefully the control levers are properly labeled.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #911 on: June 16, 2016, 01:19:10 pm »

There should be a tunnel- no that's icehold.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:57 pm »

Basically every overseer since the dikes were completed has added a tower or two. Add more towers.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 16, 2016, 04:21:32 pm »

Hold on... is this a manual pumpstack? Sod that. We're dwarves. Doing things manually is for ELVES. Besides, we can make them out of wood, which will annoy the elves. A simple alteration to the pumpstack tower will let us build a water reactor right there, that we can shut down at the flick of a lever.

It's not a complex design. Pump, pulling water from the lower area, and dumping it onto a bit of floor, and then it falls and runs the reactor. Floodgates on either side, two open to let water out, one closed to keep it in the reactor. Set them so the states are reversible. Pull the lever, sides close, tank gate opens, water gets pumped into tank. Simple, right? Right.

The elves have come. How delightful. We'll snag their stuff, and make it quicker to build the reactor.

The Elven Diplomat, asks we cut no more than 115 trees. I agree, waving away the sniggering of the other dwarves. We don't HAVE 115 trees. Frankly, we wouldn't pay any attention even if we did. (Okay, technically we do, but they're in the caverns which we currently cannot get near.) There does seem to be some issue with getting anything deconstructed, which is a hassle, since I need to open a hole in the roof of the pump stack power shack to feed the reactor into and no one seems interested in deconstructing it.

It deconstructs the Block, or it gets the HOSE!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #914 on: June 16, 2016, 04:37:37 pm »

There is a water reactor, two actually.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 83