Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212336 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #960 on: July 30, 2016, 12:41:14 am »

Overseer Zuglarkun's Log:

Things that happened during Winter:
1. Things

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I'll do a proper entry.

1st Moonstone
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Been stockpiling logs. All the logs. I think its because I'm approaching maturity as a dwarf that my discontent against elves has grown proportionately, I don't know. But we've been deprived of ways to anger the elves for far too long, so I'm making up for lost time.

7th Moonstone
Stray giant snapping turtle decaplets have hatched.

18th Moonstone
I've sent ezum and the rest of the mechanics to finish up the levers that secure the gate perimeter in the third caverns. There is one to the southwest, one to the northwest and one to the northeast.

24th Moonstone
Azula has completed her journey to the maddark side preliminary training and has become a speardwarf.

4th Opal
Edzul Ganrimtar, furnace operator has become possessed! She has claimed a leatherworks on the farming level. What new marvels of dwarven technology will she produce?

The mayor reports that we have went well over the lumber limits and is worried about the repercussions. Well, I told him to sod off. Fuck the lumber limits. Also, fuck the elves.

9th Opal
Litast Limulkovest has grown to become a peasant. Collin has also grown to become a peasant. Yay workforce! Edzul has began a mysterious construction.

The third caverns has been partially sealed off. Most if not all parts of the reanimating part of the cavern has been sealed off (from the fortress not the borders), with access using gates via 3 separate routes. I argued against totally sealing off those sections of the caverns, as it would not help matters. The land itself reanimates the dead, instead of the dead reappearing on the edge of the map. Hence, controlling traffic there and allowing access would be better than outright dismissal of the use of the caverns.

14th Opal
Fath Kolanil has grown to become a stonecrafter. Lots of kids growing up this year.

17th Opal
Edzul Ganrimtar has created Othlestetol, scorchedpass, a tall reindeer leather helm! Urist Mckiwi insisted on donning the artifact despite there being better candidates. Well nobles will be nobles. I let the matter be.

Fun fact: I didn't know creeping eye eyelids counted as hides.

16th Opal
Decided to mine more sweet adamantine.

15th Obsidian
In commemoration of our efforts in securing the third caverns. I've asked the metalcrafters to craft a series of coins.

19th Obsidian
Urist Mckiwi has bestowed his steel crossbow with the name of itdunduz! It don't do's? Sounds like the nobles to me!

22nd Obsidian
More vile mist? I think its been established that dwarf technology > vile mist.
A crundle neck has shown up, disrupting our dumping on the southwest plateau. Unfortunately it is situated high up on the plateau and is out of reach of our crossbows and weapons. I've asked the miners to dig a route up top in order to reach it.

25th Obsidian
Yeah yeah, go away attention whore vile mist. Nobody cares about you.
Thob Nunursolon, Mechanic has given birth to a girl, Erib Boltsblot (say that 10 times quickly).

I think you'll fit in right here with us Erib.

1st Granite
My reign is over. Whatever. More importantly let's all have a look at the commemorative coins I've minted!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:44:55 pm by Zuglarkun »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 30, 2016, 07:19:24 am »

Thob Nunursolon, Mechanic has given birth to a girl, Erib Boltsblot (say that 10 times quickly).

I think you'll fit in right here with us Erib.

"Life is terrible and then you die. Isn't that hilarious?! :D"

I think I like this kid.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:31 pm »

- Mayor demanded a lead bed. I'd accident him if he wasn't one of those rare nobles with no mandates.
 - Elven diplomat talked with the duchess. They demanded a tree cap. I agreed. It's not my problem they don't know we're in a desert. The short jokes really got on my nerves, though. Then she left through the caverns. Okay.
 - I made a new, bigger refuse stockpile. The better to butcher all these skeletons.
 - I drained a pond in the cavern so we could get the junk in it.
 - For some reason I am getting 2 FPS when earlier I was getting 15.
 - More adamantine is being mined and processed.
 - Macelord Edem burned to death after being caught in magma mist. Why are we not only using the safe magma dump!?
 - I had some cavern trees chopped down to get the stuff on top of them. We now have a bunch of holes into the magma sea. A crundle zombie fell into one of them.
 - AARGH! Some faggot put a dump zone in the middle of a courtyard on the surface! A bunch of shit was getting dumped there. I've taken care of it.
 - Turns out the safe dump zone was DISABLED! Nobody was dumping anything while I was shitposting about DF on /tg/. So I took the opportunity to autodump EVERYTHING right next to the dump zone. After sorting the stuff I actually wanted dumped from the junk I was getting out of the water, etc., I used autodump destroy. Including cave spider webs, I got rid of nearly 7000 items. PROGRESS!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 30, 2016, 08:11:55 pm »

We were using the magma dump when I was overseer. Blame Zuglarkun. :P

I always preferred the minecart method of dumping because you could have a massive dump pile, and just have the minecart dump a bunch of things at once at the end of it's route.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 30, 2016, 10:01:07 pm »

- Macelord Edem burned to death after being caught in magma mist. Why are we not only using the safe magma dump!?
 - AARGH! Some faggot put a dump zone in the middle of a courtyard on the surface! A bunch of shit was getting dumped there. I've taken care of it.
 - Turns out the safe dump zone was DISABLED! Nobody was dumping anything while I was shitposting about DF on /tg/. So I took the opportunity to autodump EVERYTHING right next to the dump zone. After sorting the stuff I actually wanted dumped from the junk I was getting out of the water, etc., I used autodump destroy. Including cave spider webs, I got rid of nearly 7000 items. PROGRESS!

Hold up. There is such a thing as a safe magma dump? ???

I deactivated the magma dump on the surface because it'll save all that hauling time by manually dumping closer to the open vent in the caverns instead.

Plus I got rid of most if not all of the large corpses (that I was aware of) that cause magma mist splash back during my turn. I was not aware of any other dumping zone.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 30, 2016, 11:54:07 pm »

There's one down near the old magma forges that's safe, and the unsafe one was just dumping off the side of the dodgeme magma trap I built. Safe meaning it's high up enough that no magma mist can reach that high.

EDIT: I wanted to make a Brass Tower here to leave my mark on this place. I've been preparing for two turns. We have 1500 brass bars. The problem is, there's nowhere to put it!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:01:09 am by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »

I am putting the brass tower on top of the depot. Also, no update today. FPS is still at 2.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 01, 2016, 08:25:08 pm »

- I've restarted steel production. New flux is being mined out and charcoal is being made. I also had Pyrotechno make ten suits of steel armor. It takes 10 bars for each suit.
 - Continuing Murderflood tradition, I am making a new tower. This one will be made of brass and will sit over the depot. I need to remove part of the depot building to construct it. And in doing so, I caused a little building mishap in which a planter was killed.
 - I added a child state for giant snapping turtles.
 - The human caravan and law-giver showed up. The law-giver talked about nothing. I traded the caravan a bunch of garbage for two iron bars.
 - Ten sets of armor have been completed and twenty more are on the way. I order ten more sets every time our steel supply hits 100.
 - Construction on the actual tower has begun.
 - A monitor with poisonous secretions has appeared in the first cavern. I fear we will be getting another zombie FB.
 - Speaking of which, I forgot to mention I restarted glass serrated disc production. The first cavern trap is about 1/3-finished.
 - Upon closer examination the monitor is doing quite well. Its syndrome is somehow blistering and numbing the zombies.
 - The egg-layers were getting restless, so I let out the turtles. Also, we have new turtle hatchlings and giant peregrine falcon hatchlings.
 - The monitor died killing another undead forgotten beast. What a badass. Open-legends doesn't exist in this version or I would give you the monitor's kill count.
 - It turns out that cavern is almost completely cleared now. All that remains is a few pond grabber zombies and some gorlak arms. Godspeed, Abe Osman, you beautiful bastard.
 - The military is clearing out the rest of the cavern. Woodcutters and miners are necessary to proceed at times. Also, there are some zombies I missed, but they are no threat to ~40 legendary warriors.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 02, 2016, 03:59:45 am »

Hooray for progress! Hooray for steel! Hooray for Abe Osman!

I think there is still one more forgotten beast undead down there. If you're clearing the caverns with troops, be wary of forgotten beast extract contamination. If you used the old entrance, you might want to undesignate the one I put there during my turn, near the well cisterns.

Hows FPS currently?

Question: Giant snapping turtles ought to be tame already, so why the need for a child state? So that they would not need nestboxes to reproduce?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:03:17 am by Zuglarkun »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 02, 2016, 08:44:56 am »

Yes, I noticed the other FB corpse. It is chilling in the lake next to the military. I am trying to get them to fight.

Still 2.

Child states make me happy. There's no advantage to them at all, but this is the price we pay for modding in war keas. I might also add in war giant peregrine falcons.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 02, 2016, 11:27:27 pm »

Yes, I noticed the other FB corpse. It is chilling in the lake next to the military. I am trying to get them to fight.

Still 2.

Child states make me happy. There's no advantage to them at all, but this is the price we pay for modding in war keas. I might also add in war giant peregrine falcons.
I can't wait for our mighty army of Giant War Kea vile mist husks.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 03, 2016, 08:54:02 am »

Do you want me to make that happen? I can make that happen.

Also I think we may have a vampire.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 04, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »

We don't have a vampire, the dwarf was just pale from infection.

- The cavern is clean except for the occasional re-zombified gorlak arm.
 - Between cavern duty and dwarves swapping out old armor for new steel, several dwarves have come down with FB syndromes. We have one bloody foot and another rotten hand. No dwarves died, luckily. Someone's pet bear bled out, though.
 - Nujux and a wood burner died to a gorlak arm while I wasn't looking.
 - I've been draining cavern lakes where I can to get the junk out.
 - Work on the Brass Tower is going well. I'm going to use the infinite sky command to add more floors until I run out of brass.
 - Steel production is going faster than Pyrotechno can put out masterwork armor.
 - I noticed the trap hallway isn't actually connected to the caverns. I'm repurposing it, routing it to the second cavern instead. When I connected it to the cavern, the game tanked as every creature in the cavern pathed toward the trap. I just barely got the drawbridge closed before the crundles got in. The plan is to seal the military inside the open trap to act as bait.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 04, 2016, 09:22:30 pm »

Nujux, nooo! He was with us since the start! (well, not mentally, but...)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 05, 2016, 06:36:59 am »

The trap hallway was purposely left disconnected so the dwarves could remain safe while traps were lain.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83