Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212317 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #1095 on: September 22, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »

OK, I'll get the save after work. QuQuasar, do you still have the same with the tileset? I'm just going to install a tileset anyway, so if you have the same with one installed  that would save effort.
No sorry, I reverted the save to ASCII. I've never had success passing around saves with tilesets still installed: it's always seemed easier for each player to install their preferred tileset and revert to ascii at the end of their term.

Good luck! May all your magma floods be good ones.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2016, 04:46:11 pm »

Hello the fort! How fares the great Murderflood?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »

I am sad to witness an utter lack of murders, or floods, of any sort.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 29, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

Well... If no one else wants it, I'd be willing to give it another go round.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 29, 2016, 10:20:29 pm »

It's been a week till Ghills took over the save. If he doesnt magically appear within 24 hours, then the turn is yours.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 02, 2016, 06:16:41 pm »

It's been a week till Ghills took over the save. If he doesnt magically appear within 24 hours, then the turn is yours.
I guess that means you're up, Triaxx2. Good luck!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:32 am »

Have save, will start playing shortly.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 03, 2016, 10:51:53 am »

Guys, I'm really sorry. My health sort of imploded this past week. The good news is, only 20% chance of cancer! Bad news: 20% chance of cancer. Ef all this noise forever and ever.  Further appointments and stuff are scheduled but I have no idea when I'll be up to more than managing my health because for all its benefits modern medicine is not really helping right now.

/rant 

*deep breath*

So, I'm really sorry about dropping off the face of the earth like that. I have no idea if/when I'll be playing. 

ETA: Also, sorry about ranting.  I can stay cool so long as I don't talk about it, but once I start the urge to scream gets overwhelming.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:57:50 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 05, 2016, 06:54:34 am »

Really sorry to hear that. Hope it's good news.

---

My first act as Overseer, this time at least, is to trip and break a lever. The bloody handle snapped straight off. Probably shouldn't drink Taupe's special recipe anymore.

I'm not really sure where we should go next. We're set up with everything we could need. Food? Check. Drinks? Check. Giant ball of lava? Check. Incorrectly constructed towers? Check. And by that I mean towers that will be safe from the Lava. Some dwarves just don't understand engineering.

Seems we've switched to windpower. Presumably this means we've become elves? As soon as we wake up, someone begins a mysterious construction. Umm... yay? Look, I haven't had good luck with artifact making dwarves. I mean, I made an artifact. Most dwarves tell me I should be proud of it, but it's a useless decoration. Might as well be scrap metal.

Oh well. I'm still annoyed about my ear. Should probably wear my helmet to bed, so Haerdalas doesn't chew off the other one.

Ah, well, that's not really a good sign. That dwarf? The one making the artifact? Yeah, it's called Mederar, The Abated Leader, and it's an Adamantine Sarcophagus.

It's totally mine. I've ordered the old one removed so I can put this one in instead. Just gotta arrange my death so no one else can take it from me. I also rearranged the tomb assignments so my lovely wife can be buried beside me. Next room over anyway. She hogs the bed. Not sure I want to spend eternity cramped up inside my own coffin.

Rather interestingly, now that we have a giant magma dome over our heads, the world seems to run a bit faster. It's quite interesting.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 05, 2016, 06:07:40 pm »

My first act as Overseer, this time at least, is to trip and break a lever. The bloody handle snapped straight off. Probably shouldn't drink Taupe's special recipe anymore.
Ooc: Whoa whoa whoa please tell me you didnt deconstruct the murderlever just to stop my dwarf. We can't actually reconnect most of those traps now that they're full of lava.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:26:28 pm by QuQuasar »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 05, 2016, 06:21:49 pm »

No, I just removed the task and forbid it. :D

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 05, 2016, 09:32:43 pm »

Oh thank goodness we’re still doomed to a horrible burning death. I was worried for a moment there! :D

My first act as Overseer, this time at least, is to trip and break a lever. The bloody handle snapped straight off.

That lever is an artifact. It is thus a priceless, near-invulnerable masterwork that can withstand being attacked by building destroyers like trolls, forgotten beasts and dragons. Aaaaand you tripped and broke it.

That’s a heck of a critical fail right there. Good work, thumbs up, 10/10.

I'm not really sure where we should go next. We're set up with everything we could need. 

Raise the dike! Raise the dike! Raise the dike!

Oh, I might as well ask you to fix a flaw with the Murder Flood. The connection between water reactors and sea-to-dike pump stack will allow magma to be pumped upwards from the farms into the pumproom, which will melt gear assemblies at the top and bottom of the stack. If you disconnect them and floor over the hole, that’ll keep the magma out.

Finally, I was about to do an in-character moment of my dwarf finding the lever broken, but then I realised I didn’t have much more than a string of pirate-profanity culminating in him accidentally hitting himself in the face with the broken lever handle and falling down the stairs. Probably best to let everyone imagine that scene rather than ruining it by describing it in detail.

PS: my dwarf is currently restricted to a burrow. Recommend you delete it.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 06, 2016, 07:12:06 am »

I'll turn it off, but there's no reason to delete it entirely. Might be useful to confine him to quarters.

That's not a flaw, it's a feature! Also, can't raise the dike, or the fortress will flood before we're ready, as the magma comes into the fortifications we've setup.

Seriously, what happened to the FPS? Last time I had a save, it was maxing out at 12, now I'm getting 29 at times.
---

Ugh, we have elves again. Didn't we spray for these things? It seems to be only one diplomat though.

Hmm... we've had someone's sleep disturbed by a teamster corpse in the caverns. What?

Ah, there's the caravan. More things to 'acquire'. Once again, we've agreed not to chop down trees, and the elves have made that same stupid joke. I want an elf skin hat. Whether the elf in question is finished using it or not.

There we are, a whole bunch of new things to use. And the elves are irritated. Can this day get any better? No, no it can't.

Why do we keep finding dead people in the cavern? Ah, there's a corpse at the bottom of the central staircase. I've sent the entire military after it. Hopefully that's enough. Yup, that seems to have done it. Mace to the head seemed to work just fine.

Ah ha! More minions have arrived! Er... migrants, yes, that's the word. A rather high number of traders, though we did get a Talented Bowyer in the mix. Have to fix assignments shortly.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 06, 2016, 07:51:45 pm »

I've assigned several of our new arrivals to the Eternal Boulders, including one especially spry dwarf who shows great promise to die quickly by racing ahead of the pack and getting smashed. Ah well.

I've ordered some glass windows made. The tower is nice, but it's bloody dark inside. Only green glass, but that should be sufficient to let some light in. Just have to work out where to put them. I think up in the dining room. That seems a good place to set it up.

Crazy Urist has been taken by a Fey Mood. Great, another awful artifact. Er... glorious creation. He's taken hold of a crafts dwarf workshop. Which isn't that much of an issue honestly. I'm not sure why he's bothered, but hey, there you go.

There we are, a much, much brighter dining experience. Time for a break.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 07, 2016, 02:57:14 pm »

I must admit. I'm hoping we see some beseigers. I've been doing my best to antagonize the elves, but they seem uninterested in taking the bait. Pity we're not in a forest, or I'd have them banging on the gates in a few weeks.

Well, that's bloody annoying. We've just lost our new bowyer. He was apparently killed in the caverns, though what he was doing down there is anyone's guess.

It seems the Duchess is a fan of crossbows, because she's grown attached to one. In other news, a Human Diplomat has arrived. No Caravan yet though. Ah, there it is. It was slowed by the wagons.

We trade for some goods and bars, and a few cheap weapons. They're not as good as we make, but more than enough to fill in traps if need be. And the Civilian Reserve can always use them if nothing else.

Ah, more Migrants. Mid-summer isn't the season I'd choose for traveling, but I'm already here. Well, we have a Fish Cleaner who is also a surgeon. Okay then. Another bowyer, and an Adequate Strand Extractor? Well then. And the last one is a competent mace dwarf. He also goes into the Eternal Boulders. It's not so huge a migration wave as last time, but it's nice to see new dwarves coming none the less.

Hmm... Crazy Urist has been stricken by Melancholy though I'm not sure why. He didn't seem to be missing anything he wanted. Looks like he's going to be in need of a coffin soon.

Umm.. okay, that's slightly more concerning. A Forgotten Beast, by the name of Allas has come. It's a giant Feathered Shrimp with deadly blood. There's really only one thing to do. ARCHERS!!!

That went well. We only lost three archers, and managed to kill the beast. Sadly, Urist McKiwi was amongst them. He has been lain to rest in his private tomb. We are all saddened at his loss. It's a miracle we only lost those three though, especially given the deadly blood. This does pose an issue however, since they fought and died in the trap corridor. Fortunately none of the blood seems to have gotten away.

Well then. I think I'm going to go have a drink, because I am pretty thoroughly depressed.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83