Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212311 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #1110 on: October 07, 2016, 07:03:45 pm »

Hmm... we've had someone's sleep disturbed by a teamster corpse in the caverns. What?
Wait, what?

So... a dwarf died in the caverns and revived as a zombie? How did that happen? Those caverns are clean and I'm like 90% sure... 70% sure... 45% sure?... anyway, I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally lock anyone in the caverns to starve to death.

Are there any other undead in the caverns outside of the two pond grabbers and that crundle?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 07, 2016, 09:24:05 pm »

There's quite a few undead, but mostly they seem to be Crundles who drowned. No idea how he died. No records in the combat log, but there's water and vermin to hunt down there, so he probably didn't starve.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 07, 2016, 10:08:23 pm »

Probably FB poison.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 08, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »

Possibly, though I could have sworn all the FB poison was in other areas. Perhaps he got in it, and then died later.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 09, 2016, 10:45:35 am »

Been getting complaints of Equipment mis-matches. Seems we need some more leather gear and shields. I've ordered some steel shields, and some leather cloaks and hoods. That seems to be the largest complaints. I'll check and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll see about some lower quality shields.

Well, that wasn't enough, but since they're mostly going to archers, I've ordered some copper shields. On the other side of things, we've had a doctor possessed, so we'll see what he turns up. Hopefully it'll go better than the last attempt. Err... maybe not, he's claimed a Clothier's workshop. My hopes are not high.

Ah, there we are. The yearly Dwarven Caravan has come, perhaps bringing tidings and Tithes. Or you know, lots of steel bars and logs. I hope my predecessors knew enough to ask for those.

Well, they want and will pay for a lot of meat, goblets and large gems. I'll be happy to provide that, and hope that my successors will as well.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 09, 2016, 06:35:10 pm »

Equipment mismatch problems?

That’ll be Imic again. He and Urist McKiwi have (or, in McKiwi’s case, “had”) a weird problem with bolts: they keep dropping them, picking them up and dropping them again, spamming Equipment Mismatch notifications as they do so. No idea why: I wasn’t able to stop either of them.

I’m curious, which doctor was possessed?

The yearly Dwarven Caravan has come, perhaps bringing tidings and Tithes. Or you know, lots of steel bars and logs. I hope my predecessors knew enough to ask for those.
Maybe? Can't remember. We were all supposed to have ascended our corporeal forms and become the stuff of legends by now anyway.

Oh wait. Yes, steel bars, I remember ordering that.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 10, 2016, 06:53:52 am »

Yeah, I seem to recall trying to add a Note near the depot with a list of what they wanted and what we needed but it seems to have been deleted by someone.

Random un-nicknamed doctor.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 16, 2016, 06:47:23 am »

Sorry about the gap, Real-life.

So the trader finally wanders drunkenly to the depot, tells some absolutely outrageous lies, and we walk away with quite a bit of stuff, fair to middling armor, a few nice weapons, and a few things we can melt down to make better stuff.

Blitz Gamer has bestowed a name on an Adamantine Short Sword 'Thidaseshik'. I guess he's really enamored of it.

And more Migrants. Do we have rooms for them? I may have to deal with this. I've elected to begin constructing housing along the western dike area. Green glass walls won't allow for huge amounts of privacy, but we can go up to get more space. By now, towers are a tradition, and who am I to buck tradition? Construction at least of the first level goes quickly, not at all hurt by the fact that I've built just north of the block stockpile.

The project is larger than I thought though, so I've ordered the magma glass furnaces to crank up and produce all the blocks they can. I thought we had more than three, but I must have been mistaken.

I seem to attract forgotten beasts. I am disheartened by this. Paboz Caccastost has come. An enormous Stegasauroid with external ribs. It's sky-blue for some reason, and has a poison sting. That's actually not so bad. I'll send in the troops. Yes, we got him! The Titanslayer has claimed a second mighty beast.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 16, 2016, 08:40:55 pm »

We seem to have a fair amount of titans. Must be the ''All large dudes welcome'' sign.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 16, 2016, 09:26:56 pm »

Not touching that comment with a ten-foot adamantine pole.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 17, 2016, 08:30:06 am »

Not touching that comment with a ten-foot adamantine pole.
The forum titan Triaxx2 has come! It has a large post count and it undulates rhytmically. Beware its adamantine ten-foot pole!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 17, 2016, 10:35:20 pm »

The first level of the new bedrooms is nearly complete. I've lain in orders for the doors to be put into place, green glass portals as soon as they're ready. I've designated the rooms, but left them to be automatically taken by those who need them.

The doctor wants wood. Alright, into the caverns. I suspect that's what the last strange mood wanted. Fair enough. And he's managed to create a Llama wood coat. Tongschewed the Crux of Prison... Seriously? It's got an image of the founding of Murderflood on the back. A little better I guess. Would have preferred a leather jacket, but eh.

The first floor of the new housing is complete, now it's time to start on the second.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »

Well... I need to learn to count it seems. The bedrooms are 4x3, and not 3x3 like I intended. *sigh* Started on the third floor. Thinking I might have to split the rooms. Maybe two 1x4's with a shared door. Hmm...

And now Flame III is possessed. Delightful. Ooh! He's claimed a Magma Forge. Hopefully this'll be something useful. Winter's started, and he's still gathering items. He's got some Adamantine wafers though, so it could be very awesome. With my luck, it'll be a hammer.

The Titanslayer has named his shield. Huzzah. Idokrigoth, which probably translates to something cool. I'm not sure what it is though.

And finally Flame has started the construction. We must await it breathlessly.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 18, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »

oh boy

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 20, 2016, 07:24:08 am »

Well, well, well. Flame has made something awesome. Ostarlaltur, Burycovered, an Adamantine Mace. Encircled with bands of oval cut smoky quartzes. It's adorned with hanging rings of Dingo Leather and giant snapping turtle bone, and menaces with spikes of Cougar Leather, smoky quartz, and brown zircon.

It contains an image of a dead wren man, killed by a trap in Murderflood in the late winter of 206. There's also an image of a reindeer for some reason.

Looks cool. Can't say for sure how effective it's going to be, but let's get some smashing done.

The end of the year and the end of my term fast approaches. I haven't really created any great works, but I have begun building my own great tower. I hope my successors will consider it worthy to continue.

Er... has anyone else noticed the upper windmills aren't connected to anything? The gear at the end of the underground shaft connects to the middle of the shaft below it and doesn't transfer power. I fixed a small glitch with the system as well. Someone had connected three gears in vertical sequence which is a waste of power. Instead I replaced the center one with a vertical axle, which generates less friction and boosts the end power.

I've also set up a gear box so the entire system can be disabled with a lever located near by. Then I ordered the butchers shop underground disassembled so we stop having all the bloody Miasma hanging around down there. Admittedly, with my luck the other one on the surface is in an enclosed building. Blegh.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 83