Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: DF Tool 4.1 for 0.43.05  (Read 40783 times)

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Tool 2.1 (0.42.03)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 09:11:45 am »

Abdulov, could you be persuaded to put a simple installation tutorial in the OP, on the download page, and/or in the download .rar itself?

...That is to say, I don't remember where to stick things, and it's the most frustratingly simple problem to have; I can't find directions anywhere I'd usually look (OP, download page, or readme.txt). I'm sure I'll work it out this time, but it'd be awfully nice if I didn't have to.

Unpack anywhere. launch "DF Tool.exe". in the window that opens, select * .ini file for your version of the game(they are in a folder with the "DF Tool.exe"). Click "Connect".

Later, I add the instructions in the description.

Thanks!!

I find this tool to be simple and useful.

I have been trying to edit attributes with the (unofficial) Phoebus 42.03 graphic pack, and found that, although i can edit physical attributes, the mental/social ones doesn't change when i try to write then.

Thank you. I have found the source of the error and will be corrected.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 09:37:23 am »

Would it be possible to add a function to more fine grainedly edit dwarves skills in a matrix, not entirely unlike Dwarf Therapist, except where you can actually change the values. There used to be a utility for that, but it has been long since abandoned. In addition, there's something broken with the dwarf properties editor in the embark thing, I can change the physical stats just fine, but any changes to the mental ones do not "stick". And even the physical stat changes seem to get wiped once I actually enter the fortress.

Thanks, error in the editor physical and mental attributes to be corrected.
I do not have ideas how to make the interface more convenient, but I'll think of something for the next update.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 10:32:25 am »

Looks pretty nifty. Awesome even, a lot of really good tools in there. Can't wait to check it out in detail! But I have quick question.. Is there a way to execute scripts, like say healunit or makelegendary, that sort of thing? Run .bat files that load a series of scripts? If not would that be an easy enough addition?

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to carry out third-party scripts, macros, add-ons or plug. And this possibility hardly appear in the future.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 12:21:56 pm »

Looks pretty nifty. Awesome even, a lot of really good tools in there. Can't wait to check it out in detail! But I have quick question.. Is there a way to execute scripts, like say healunit or makelegendary, that sort of thing? Run .bat files that load a series of scripts? If not would that be an easy enough addition?

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to carry out third-party scripts, macros, add-ons or plug. And this possibility hardly appear in the future.

It can already do most of what I want and plan to use on my next embark, once it's updated. Thanks!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 12:29:32 pm »

I do not have ideas how to make the interface more convenient, but I'll think of something for the next update.
This tool is what I've been using to cope with adventure-mode races that can't open doors. A directional-pad that automagically sets the forms to your current coordinates and starts moving them single spaces would make the teleports much faster - it's only two spaces, but having to reenter every coordinate each time is tedious. Alternately if you can figure out the bit to set to give them that ability, that would work too :3 I mean I probably could... getting on that now
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 01:03:02 pm »

This tool is what I've been using to cope with adventure-mode races that can't open doors. A directional-pad that automagically sets the forms to your current coordinates and starts moving them single spaces would make the teleports much faster - it's only two spaces, but having to reenter every coordinate each time is tedious. Alternately if you can figure out the bit to set to give them that ability, that would work too :3 I mean I probably could... getting on that now
just click here)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 01:43:56 pm »

just click here)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aha! Maybe just a small hint on the side next to them that you can do that, then, or move it to a little button that says 'copy'. Completely overlooked it because the portion of my brain devoted to UI automatically went "greyed out, therefore non-interactive" Thank you for the quick reply :)
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Suolisto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »

Would it be possible to add a function to more fine grainedly edit dwarves skills in a matrix, not entirely unlike Dwarf Therapist, except where you can actually change the values. There used to be a utility for that, but it has been long since abandoned. In addition, there's something broken with the dwarf properties editor in the embark thing, I can change the physical stats just fine, but any changes to the mental ones do not "stick". And even the physical stat changes seem to get wiped once I actually enter the fortress.

Thank you for your reply!

And the program I was thinking of was Runesmith: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0

And what I meant by a matrix view was something akin to what Dwarf Therapist has. A random screenshot scrounged from the internet for clarity: http://www.drainy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwarvesscreen.png

It's unfortunate that Therapist itself does not allow skill editing, only viewing them and manipulating jobs associated with those skills.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 07:58:18 pm »

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that Borland DLL in the folder, what exactly did you use to develop this?

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 11:06:37 pm »

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that Borland DLL in the folder, what exactly did you use to develop this?
C++Builder 10 Seattle

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 02:07:37 am »

Inventory editor isn't working, shows this.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2015, 05:06:10 am »

That's the new version. I decided to abandon further support 0.40.24. DF Tool 1.54 the latest for 0.40.24.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11419
Version 2.1 works with 0.42.02 and 0.42.03,worked all functions, except inventory editor.
Inventory editor isn't working, shows this.

Soon there will be a new version

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 06:08:40 am »

Missed that. Thanks for reply!

HellishINC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

Any possibility to be able to change a dorf's sex and age during embark? Could allow for some interesting scenarios.

Happy holidays!

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2015, 11:39:33 pm »

Any possibility to be able to change a dorf's sex and age during embark? Could allow for some interesting scenarios.

Happy holidays!
Change the dwarf's orientation and gender is possible. It is also possible to change the names of the dwarves. However, need to make a new interface for the Attribute Editor.Current is not very comfortable, and there is no place for new functions. I will remake it. Regarding age, I'm not sure ...

Happy holidays!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7