Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: DF Tool 4.1 for 0.43.05  (Read 40790 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Tool 2.3 up to 0.42.06
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2016, 11:18:13 am »

Is this version is backwards compatible with 42.05?
No, but it's easy to fix. I should add to the next update.

Cool.  I'll play with around with 42.04 in the mean time to make my embark scenario I'm envisioning.

I just can't play vanilla without Dwarf Therapist while planning to embark with 20+ peasants from the start.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2016, 02:44:56 pm »

By the way the small or large leggings and greaves don't show up in the backpack area, same goes for all small or large lower body bits. Needing to convert small leggings and small greaves to my race. Guess I'll have to change my race's size for a moment to equip what I want and then edit.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

alexs2112

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't remember what that lever is supposed to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »

Would you mind adding a zip file as well. It looks good and I would love to use it.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2016, 06:03:37 pm »

will the update work on both versions? sorry if its a stupid question.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »

will the update work on both versions? sorry if its a stupid question.
Yes.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:11 am »

I used this tool to do some crafting tests, it was very useful (particularly changing the starting dwarf number and attributes).

I would also suggest making the attribute editor available in fortress mode, if it's not a complicated change.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 08:53:57 am »

I used this tool to do some crafting tests, it was very useful (particularly changing the starting dwarf number and attributes).

I would also suggest making the attribute editor available in fortress mode, if it's not a complicated change.
Attribute Editor has undergone great changes. So, thinking that someone ask to add it to the fortress mode, but only after the update :)Tomorrow will be a new version.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 02:31:02 pm »

The program is written in C ++. Offsets are fixed...

AbdulovHell:
Many thanks for this great tool! I use it when I want to have more than 7 dwarfs in an embark.
DFHACK had a working lua script por that, startdwarf, that some versions ago has begun to fail silently.
It would be cool if you could inform the DFHACK team of the working fix that you have found.
They are lacking c++ aware people like you.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:36:53 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »

What?
For one thing, it's not failing silently. It gives a pretty clear message that the patch offset is missing, which is because the script that locates the offset broke for some reason. Sure, we could find it manually (as AbdulovHell has done, apparently), but fewer people know how to do that. Even if there's a way to get the offset from this tool, we would still need offsets for the Linux and OS X versions.
Also, the script is written in Ruby. However, we are not "lacking c++ aware people" at all - the entire DFHack core and plugins are written in C++. Regardless of that, a knowledge of C++ does not help with locating patch offsets - a knowledge of assembly does, but there are several DFHack maintainers capable of that too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2016, 04:48:04 am »

No pun ni offense intended lethosor!
Only inviting new people to help the general community of Dwarf Fortress players.
I think that the DFHACK team could find good use to a new promising developer as AbdulovHell has demonstrated to be. If he were interested...
As of locating patch offsets in a way usable with DFHACK and df-structures (https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures) some skill in Lisp, Perl , XML, XSLT and whatnot is required.
And then you also have https://github.com/angavrilov/cl-linux-debug a tool for investigating the memory of a process on linux or radare2 (https://github.com/radare/radare2) a unix-like reverse engineering framework and commandline tools.
For me it is clear that DFHACK is where all the DF developpement aware people land soon or later, even if it is not easy at all...

When you want to have 12 dwarves dining in Frodo Bolsonīs home, it is always better to introduce them little by little as Gandalf does ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:21:02 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Tool 2.4
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2016, 03:12:12 pm »

I am 20 years old, I work and study at the university. Programming in C ++ started in 15 years. Even if I could help than that, I just do not have time for this.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »

Here's a new version. With the new feature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:14 pm »

tried using the settings/indexes for df 40.24  and (semi obviously) the newest feature doesn't quite work,  odd values appear for analytical to social awareness.  marrage/romance settings might be off due to my side,  was hoping this tool would help me debug that.

AbdulovHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2016, 12:00:00 pm »

tried using the settings/indexes for df 40.24  and (semi obviously) the newest feature doesn't quite work,  odd values appear for analytical to social awareness.  marrage/romance settings might be off due to my side,  was hoping this tool would help me debug that.
The program for the game version 0.42. * Should not work with 0.40.24. So I left the two download links. This is what I have written more than once.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2016, 05:04:01 pm »

Uh, is this still alive? Kinda need it for DF 0.43.02.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7