Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [MOD] Abortion Mod  (Read 5811 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Abortion Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 12:32:43 pm »

Could prostitutes turning tricks also get pregnant?

I hadn't considered that.

Right now, pregnancy is intended to cause minimal (or even no) handicap on the mother at all - in fact, in my current intentions, a mother can become impregnated again while already pregnant. I'm doing this because there are consequences for the relative roles of men and women if I do it any other way (specifically, it becomes efficient for a small number of men to maintain harems of many women), and this being LCS, I want to not have to worry about those consequences.

Edit: something occurs to me. Maybe men should be able to get pregnant? That would more or less solve the above problem...

Yes to everything.  In fact, Abortion Laws and Gender Laws should directly effect whether or not prostitutes or men get pregnant.
Hint: It's mandatory for Men to get Pregnant at L+.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 10:40:10 am »

Yes to everything.  In fact, Abortion Laws and Gender Laws should directly effect whether or not prostitutes or men get pregnant.
Hint: It's mandatory for Men to get Pregnant at L+.

I disagree. The laws affect the world at large, but inside of the Liberal Crime Squad, everything is always at L+, as evinced by the fact that things can remain in the LCS even after they become impossible everywhere else (e.g. dogs in the LCS remain in the LCS even if Animal Rights laws become conservatized again). So for this reason LCS members can impregnate male lovers just as easily as female lovers, regardless of what the laws might be.

However, that would be a neat mechanic to apply to the prostitution activity.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

Yes. But only at l+ levels should it carry no penalty. At c+ it should carry the death penalty for defying gender norms.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 [2]