Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Battle Arena: Gladiators of Chaos (OOC and Sign ups)  (Read 5852 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Arena: Gladiators of Chaos (OOC and Sign ups)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 10:44:26 pm »

jut think what you could do with a guy wielding a sentient umbrella riding you into battle. that's real internet material, right there. Welp, off to bed, floor, or ground for the night.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 11:12:59 am »

Moonlit, you are aware that you havea -3 to heat, and a +6 to radiation?

As is, I'll allow it, but be aware that heat is a form of radiation, and as such, certain kinds of radiation will affect you positively, while others affect you negatively. Basically, the shorter the wavelength, the better for you (gamma, xray, UV) while the lower forms are harmful (infrared, radio, microwave). If you had something else in mind, please clarify.

okay, here's what I got for your skills

+2 rqadiation beam
+2 natural armor (v physical hits)
+2 touch damage

-2 climbing
-2 using items
-2 stealth

as for the +2 burning things with your energy and -2 "being in the dark," they seem kinda redundant as worded. I left both of them out for now.

Also, that passive armor is close to being a resistance, but I think it works as is due to the nature of the creature.

With the edits I mentioned above, your Terror is ready to go. I'll write it in either this upcoming round, or soon after. If you want to make modifications, or feel like I have edited it improperly, I'll retcon any issues, up to a point. (no six turns in going "I wanted him to be able to eat fairy dust and poop  magic mushrooms!" [almost gave a practical suggestion there, oops])
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:30:04 am by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 07:53:06 am »

Well... make that a -6 to cold and 0 to heat, if you want. I just wanted to get the 6 on rads.

I guess the natural armor stacks with the other stats. My suggestion would be to make it down to a +1, as it does add to 4 different stats. It'll still count as a +2 for balance, though.
I'm fine with leaving the other things out. They were a little redundant... but hey, stackable debuffs. As it'd be impossible not to notice Terror in a dark place, even with a 1 roll (+4) or detection. Burning things was more towards melting stones and stuff, which would be a lot slower than melting flesh. But that's because stone and stuff kinda starts with a +1 to resist melt.
Am losing electricity in short bursts right now...
The natural armor is fine, as it a) is integral to the character, and b) is balanced sufficiently by a negative. Also, note that while the natural armor applies to several kinds of damage, it also does not apply to them. That is, a concussive wave of air will not be affected, so explosion and the like are going to do their full damage. bullets would likely be going to fast to be significantly affected, as would arrows, probably. nets, ists, clubs, and so forth will of course be affected.

Now, as for the change to -6 cold and 0 heat: I neither want nor reject this idea. I mentioned an interpretation of your stats that would work with what you have. But you re welcome to switch to those stats i that its your conception of your character better :D

Also, 'losing electricity'? you mean you are radiating energy and are gettng weaker by it, or are you speciically meaning that your character has an electric based stat? if the latter, I haven't seen that. Could you explain?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 09:04:43 am »

Still confused

He is made of a unit of measurement?

Particle radiation, then? as opposed to electromagnetic or acoustic radiation?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05:08 am »

Okay. The question remains, do you want those resistances changed to -6 cold, 0 heat?

Also, sorry to hear about the electricity at your place :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]