Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (Waitlist Open)  (Read 4289 times)

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 07:58:12 am »

I might hop on the waitlist, not sure. Will see what my free time is like first, just moved and need to get settled. Thinking I'll go for Invincible Fortress if I join, though.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »

How's this coming along?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 01:27:12 am »

How's this coming along?

Homework, waiting on Blitz (my fault as I had a delay in getting some information to him), this thread being difficult to find in the list of unread replies, and me joining a D&D session run by a friend are delaying the game start.  Got a quite large amount of plot written out though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 02:50:39 pm »

Is it alright if I have a deck containing a single XYZ monster... and remove the XYZ monster?
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

Is it alright if I have a deck containing a single XYZ monster... and remove the XYZ monster?

No.  Yugioh has wound up being subjected to some measure of power creep in even cards outside of the extra deck.  One from that era, even without the XYZ, would have quite a bit more power over the rest of the decks.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:57 pm »

Aww...
If you'd said yes, I could have gone with Cyber Dragons instead.
Dammit.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:15 pm »

Aww...
Dammit.

Isn't that a fusion-based archetype?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 01:08:47 pm »

Aww...
Dammit.

Isn't that a fusion-based archetype?
yes, but their only structure deck comes with an XYZ monster
because Konami has this thing where they resurrect old archetypes with cards that are actually competitive in todays meta
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 01:48:33 pm »

What about Advent of the Legendary Monarch? Doesn't have any Xyzzy's, tuners or synchros but I want to make sure.
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »

yes, but their only structure deck comes with an XYZ monster
because Konami has this thing where they resurrect old archetypes with cards that are actually competitive in todays meta

Ah, that explains it.  Not going with Rise of the Dragon lords or Dragon's Roar?  You mentioned possibly wanting both of those earlier.

What about Advent of the Legendary Monarch? Doesn't have any Xyzzy's, tuners or synchros but I want to make sure.

May want to check for Pendulum monsters.  If it doesn't, it should be good.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

...you've just stated that I can't have the Cyber Dragon deck, more or less, they're basically the only other decks I want.
Of course I'm going to go with them.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 10:46:22 pm »

Oh, hey, the full Monarch deck was actually revealed? Sweet.

For reference, though, that is a modern deck. I don't know how competitive it is, but the Vassals and the Netherworld/Heaven cards, as well as the spell support, are modern and released to try to make it competitive with Xyz, but it's a deck themed around Tribute Summons instead of the Extra Deck. If you're worried about power creep, you might have issues there.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »

For reference, though, that is a modern deck. I don't know how competitive it is, but the Vassals and the Netherworld/Heaven cards, as well as the spell support, are modern and released to try to make it competitive with Xyz, but it's a deck themed around Tribute Summons instead of the Extra Deck. If you're worried about power creep, you might have issues there.

That is true, but his would wind up on the waitlist, as blitz's is the last one that was accepted into the game.

Speaking of, Blitz, can you please send me a copy of your sheet so I can at least see how far you've gotten along with it?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:16 pm »

Ah, sorry. Been pretty busy these past few days...
Anyway, gimme a bit. I'll send you what I've got soon enough.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 01:48:51 pm »

And done.
Spoiler: The Sheet (click to show/hide)
I'm fairly disappointed with my sheet to be honest, especially with how short it is for how bloody long it took me to actually write it.
But free time has been somewhat scarce these past few weeks so, eh.

sorry
Pages: 1 2 [3]