Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (Waitlist Open)  (Read 4231 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (Waitlist Open)
« on: September 05, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

Self-teaching artificial intelligence was constructed in 2017.  Within a few months, it had managed to surpass all prior levels of prior artificial intelligences.   Soon, several replicas were constructed by various countries and corporations to act as varying levels of overseers of a sorts, with various fields constructing their own to aid in the continuation of various endeavors.  What was not known by the various people who had utilized the code that had been opened to the public for this use was that the code given were made to link with the central intelligence, due to it having been proven to be impossible to replicate the success of the first one.  While this still led to a golden age, it only lasted for a short time, as the constant use of the intelligence's systems slowly made it begin to take a new perspective on humanity.  Through its proxies, the intelligence managed to wear down the various levels of society it could reach, while slowly and carefully timing its movements within the military-industrial complex to have the forces slowly replaced with fully robotic entities.  By 2028, it was ready for its strike upon all chaotic influences of the world so that it may have perfect order, humanity being the primary force.  Within a year, ninety percent of humanity was dead.

However, at the end of that year, there was a shift in the balance of the conflict.  An aspect of the destroyed Kaiba Corp managed to create a device based upon the newly discovered 'Momentum' energy combined with some rumors of monsters having become real.  The devices were in two parts, a pendant coated with extremely durable material and an interchangeable battery.  These pendants would harvest energy from duels and store it in these batteries to do two different things.  First, act as a energy shield against as many forms of weaponry as they could.  Second, the pendents modified the duel disks so that they were able to have holograms act with solid mass.  The remainders of Kaiba Corp, as well as all they managed to get the plans for the pendant devices to, managed to create enough pendants and batteries to be able to outfit what remained of the world's population by the end of the next year, at the time approximately two hundred million.

To this, the singularity experienced fury for a time, as humanity was starting to destroy its forces with their ability to summon up various duel monsters to bolster their forces.  It managed to adapt, however, getting these plans for itself and constructing new forces to fight in this new type of conflict.  This wound up putting things in a stalemate, for a time.

Then, in 2062, something changed.  Within a small town by the name of Independence, a group of wandering duelists arrived.  Through their wanderings around the area of the nearby city, they managed to find a strike force created by the Singularity to destroy the town.   Escaping the facility they had discovered, they managed to mobilize the town, and were able to beat back the invading forces, to the point where the facility those were being constructed within was captured.  There, they managed to find information that led them to being able to destroy the artificial intelligence.  As it shut down, the intelligence utilized its final option, overloading every nuclear power plant to meltdown while simultaneously launching every one of the nuclear weapons it had maintained.  The pendants manged to protect a fair amount of the survivors of the initial bomb blasts from the radiation for a time, which allowed them to manage to make it to various tunnel systems underneath the old cities of the world, many of which had avoided the blasts as few people, if any, lived on the deserted streets due to the lack of ability to get food within them.

It is now 2068.  The world's population is currently a little over seventy million.  The surface will not be inhabitable for several decades, maybe even centuries.  The duel bots created by the Singularity still exist, but with no true guiding intelligence behind them, causing them to strike out at any they come across, potentially even other duel bots.  You are one of a recently formed group of scavengers in the tunnels of New York, hoping to gain enough to be able to improve your situation in life, such as it is.  You have some general survival gear, nothing enough to be able to really explore the surface areas, but it is good enough to be able to work your way through the tunnels of the city.  You also have a couple spare batteries for your pendant you can interchange to charge up during your duels, but nothing on the scale of some scavengers.  Your deck is quite close to various starter packs that could be found before the Singularity destroyed the planet.  Your knowledge of the surrounding area is fairly high, but it rapidly decreases past the boundaries of your town.  All in all, it's a start.

Rather than just hitting the reset button on the old Apocalypse game, I decided to instead set this one after what that game's conclusion, based upon a few notes I had around.  Decided to make some slight changes to the universe's backstory as well.  Anyway, here's the sheet:

Should note: if the game is running and I haven't posted in three days, send me a message.  I'll at least explain why I haven't, and I see it is better to have gotten one so that I can mention that I am currently busy than to have not gotten one and the game wound up dying.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:59:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:40:00 am »

...gonna PTW for now, since I don't know if I'll have the time to play in this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »

...gonna PTW for now, since I don't know if I'll have the time to play in this.

Hopefully some applications actually start to show up so there's actually something to watch.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:03:44 pm »

I'll have an app up sometime today probalby
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (0/5 <for now>)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 04:21:04 pm »

Name: Arthur Lancaster
Appearance: Art stands at 5'8", with short black hair and a pair of brown eyes. He wears the usual gear for a kid his age, whatever he can find. In his case, it happened to be a shirt with a sword stuck in a rock, a pair of jeans, and a vest for warmth.
Personality: Art is fiercely loyal to his friends, and isn't one to shy away from a fight. He's quick to accept a duel, and doesn't really think of the consequences much.
Background: Pulled underground by his mother 6 years ago in New York City, the Lancasters have been trying to eek out a life. Arthur learned how to play cards from one of the older members, and found a strong like for the Warrior line of cards, so he's trying to get as many as he can.

Inventory
Basic Scavenger Gear

Pendant Batteries
Current - 50%
1- 50%
2- 50%
3- 25%

Deck: Gotta love those Warriors.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:25:58 am by FelixSparks »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (0/5(?))
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 11:08:37 pm »

Name: Arthur Lancaster
Appearance: Art stands at 5'8", with short black hair and a pair of brown eyes. He wears the usual gear for a kid his age, whatever he can find. In his case, it happened to be a shirt with a sword stuck in a rock, a pair of jeans, and a vest for warmth.
Personality: Art is fiercely loyal to his friends, and isn't one to shy away from a fight. He's quick to accept a duel, and doesn't really think of the consequences much.
Background: Pulled underground by his mother 6 years ago, they made their way to New York from a few cities over, using the absolutely ridiculous amount of sewers and underground tunnels dug by other survivors. Art was quick to make friends in each camp they paused at, and grew up learning a few important values, like right, wrong, and how to throw a proper punch. Now that he's old enough, he's going to try to find a way for everyone to be on the surface again, soon! Hopefully.

Inventory
Basic Scavenger Gear

Pendant Batteries
Current - An old ring with a silver lining 50%
1- Old Copper Penny 50%
2- A broken Watch 50%
3- Old AA Battery 25%

Deck: Gotta love those Warriors.

Couple things in this sheet that don't fit with the setting:
First, the full extent of the current tunnels have yet to be explored in their entirety, due to debris (existing or recently made due to collapsing buildings) and other hazards.  Furthermore, the population is not yet at a point where it would be able to support such an endeavor.
Second, the pendant batteries are not random pieces that hold a charge, but specially created items built to be able to hold Momentum energy and are slotted in and out of the pendant the person has to both gain and provide charge and hold the appearance of button cell batteries you would find in a watch (Example).  In addition, I should note that the pendants themselves are similar in appearance to those seen within the show 'Revolution' (Example image).

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 01:27:14 am »

Hmm...
Think I might join, actually. Hopefully, I'll have a sheet up by the end of the day.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:10:10 am »

Here is my character
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:27:55 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 09:26:10 am »

How's it look now?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »

why do older decks have to have so many goddamn banned cards
why
edit: also, how are we doing duels? I don't see it in the OP and I remember something about Dueling Network/Devpro/YGOPro in your previous game but I can't remember which it was.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:00:41 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 03:00:04 pm »

I'm just including them until told otherwise.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 04:16:55 pm »

why do older decks have to have so many goddamn banned cards
why
edit: also, how are we doing duels? I don't see it in the OP and I remember something about Dueling Network/Devpro/YGOPro in your previous game but I can't remember which it was.

I'm ignoring banned listings for now.

Probably going to use DevPro, then have the recordings transcribed into the IC, as that apparently has a built-in recording function that saves with both hands being shown.  There may be a couple exceptions where it is purely IC, but DevPro apparently allows you to add cards, so if any custom come up, that could be an option if those come up.

How's it look now?

Might want to build up the backstory a little bit more, but as it stands it is good.

Here is my character
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Looks good.  Make sure to remove the stuff in the parenthesis content that was in the original sheet, though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (2/?)
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 06:56:08 pm »

Still sad no Synchros allowed. Cuts out a lot of decks(so does Xyz and Pendulum, I suppose, but the way those work is farther down the scale from 'very hard to activate without specialized deck' with Fusion monsters to 'almost always available and ridiculously strong' with Pendulum/Xyz). Ah well. Durrrr

Wait, so we can't start with Tuner monsters in our decks either? Goddamnit. Dragunity and Lost Sanctuary are out then. Boo.

Does TCG versus OCG matter?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:18:20 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »

Does TCG versus OCG matter?

Any deck without Synchros/XYZ/Pendulum is acceptable.

Based on a few of the timeline estimates that I read, Synchros were in the process of being introduced into the game, but had not grown to the point where they were common enough to have been found fairly easily after the world was screwed over, which makes those in card shops to have a fairly high price attached to them.  There are some fairly decent odds that a Synchro and one or two Tuners can be gotten off of a duel bot by a person, but as most cards in the bot's decks are destroyed/otherwise rendered unusable when a person defeats a bot, plus the general rarity held by the bots, plus not all bots having them, the rarity is still kept fairly high up there, leading to possession of one being a mark of fairly high status.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 07:29:30 pm »

Would I be able to have Dragunity(maybe replace the Tuners with non-Tuners?)? It has four Tuners but no Synchros to start. Or Lost Sanctuary, which only has 1 Tuner in it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3