Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Harder Food Mod, in progress  (Read 8160 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Harder Food Mod, in progress
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »

Take my word with a grain of salt, since I'm not at all good at writing dfhack scripts, but I do have one that sets hunger to 0. It's a tiny script and I just assumed that it could also influence the hunger counter in other ways. I'm sure if you write IndigoFenix, Warmist or Roses or Atomic Chicken, that they could write one that makes people drink/eat twice as often.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »

Take my word with a grain of salt, since I'm not at all good at writing dfhack scripts, but I do have one that sets hunger to 0. It's a tiny script and I just assumed that it could also influence the hunger counter in other ways. I'm sure if you write IndigoFenix, Warmist or Roses or Atomic Chicken, that they could write one that makes people drink/eat twice as often.

Ah, many thanks. :)
The silver is responsible for this How?

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2015, 08:20:23 pm »

State of the mod updated on the first page.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:56 am »

Oh, I like this. Best of luck, definitely will be using this once it's released.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2015, 11:53:10 am »

I'd be fine with a meal system that creates edible objects somewhat generically.  For example:

Bread - any flour, water, low value
Stew - any vegetable, second vegetable, water
Meat Stew - any vegetable, any meat, water
Pastry - any flour, any sugar, any fruit

Those objects wouldn't qualify as meals though, would they?  They'd have to be a cheese, right?

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »

it is possible to define custom meal items in the raws, multiple types per level(=number of ingredients) are also possible. not sure you can actually produce them using custom reactions or add those into the kitchen menu tho.

otherwise, producing a custom item of the type meal should be fairly easy to do with a script and i recall seeing one that does just that. dont know if descriptions would properly name the ingredients tho. there also is a script to remove reactions from built in workshops so it should be entirely feasible to replace vanilla meal cooking with more sophisticated/expensive meals, tho afaik levels are limited to 2,3,4 (but number of ingredients isnt necessarily the same as that number)

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:08 pm »

I'd be fine with a meal system that creates edible objects somewhat generically.  For example:

Bread - any flour, water, low value
Stew - any vegetable, second vegetable, water
Meat Stew - any vegetable, any meat, water
Pastry - any flour, any sugar, any fruit

Those objects wouldn't qualify as meals though, would they?  They'd have to be a cheese, right?

Correct and correct. Also something I'm looking at doing.

it is possible to define custom meal items in the raws, multiple types per level(=number of ingredients) are also possible. not sure you can actually produce them using custom reactions or add those into the kitchen menu tho.

otherwise, producing a custom item of the type meal should be fairly easy to do with a script and i recall seeing one that does just that. dont know if descriptions would properly name the ingredients tho. there also is a script to remove reactions from built in workshops so it should be entirely feasible to replace vanilla meal cooking with more sophisticated/expensive meals, tho afaik levels are limited to 2,3,4 (but number of ingredients isnt necessarily the same as that number)

Yes. They don't use custom reactions, you just add the entry to the item_food file. I've done so myself already for more food name variety.

If you recall those two scripts, please point them out to me so I can use them!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:42:16 pm by Jazzeraint »

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 02:41:03 pm »

looking through the rather messy collection of scripts on my hd i only found this here script to remove the built in melt reaction from smelters:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152027.msg6381549#msg6381549

i would have thought there was a more general version of this that would allow you to remove any job from anywhere but i cant find it or it doesnt exist. same goes for the cooking script sadly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 01:04:19 am »

You want dwavres to eat more often? RIP 6 months of the year. I'd like dwarves to eat more units of food, but increasing the time those leeches are eating for seems like it'd be more annoying than a fun rebalance. I assume you can make the eating job faster, which could mitigate the problem somewhat.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 11:19:35 am »

You want dwavres to eat more often? RIP 6 months of the year. I'd like dwarves to eat more units of food, but increasing the time those leeches are eating for seems like it'd be more annoying than a fun rebalance. I assume you can make the eating job faster, which could mitigate the problem somewhat.

? Eating is nigh instantaneous in 40.24. I was only thinking of doubling it to 4, anyhow.

Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150520.msg6208772#msg6208772

Holy snapsalot, thank you!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 03:05:18 pm »

If you manage to make a script that alters the rate at which dwarves eat and drink, make 6 of them:

Drink 2x
Drink 1x
Drink 0.5x

Eat 2x
Eat 1x
Eat 0.5x

Because if your mod makes it harder to produce food and drinks, it might make sense to allow dwarves to eat/drink less often, or if people like a proper challenge, they can double the hunger/thirst rate.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

Alpha version posted to the first page.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]