Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Furry Fortress 2 - Rise of the Jackalopes

(1/32) > >>

AceSV:
...Urist's interests were aroused now, so she asked the sage, "How did these creatures come about, these furries?"  The sage chuckled as he gazed back into time for the answer.  "It was Armok's doing, of course.  They say that one day Chaos Itself was watching the comings and goings of the dwarves when that dreadful boredom crept into his mind.  He looked away from the dwarves and saw the frollicking of little animals that no one thinks much about.  Armok was angered by their lack of ambition and shouted at them:  'You there!  What are you doing?  Stand up straight, speak up!  There you are, that's better.  Now pick up your tools and get to work!  That's right.  Will you frollick in the wilds while time decays or will you stand tall and make something of yourselves?'  And so they did." ...

Furry Fortress 2

Main Download Folder:  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5_Jm8L6GFwcREp3TlJOcU5XN1E&usp=sharing

Spoiler: Instructions (click to show/hide)Paste the files into your object folder, replacing originals where necessary.  furry_fortress.png and graphics_acesv_furryfortress should go in the graphics folder.  If you don't want to bother, you can unzip fuforegion into your saves folder and play in a pre-created world with everything ready to go. 
Furry Fortress 2 is a collection of animal people civilizations, based on the popular Anthro art movement.  Each civilization has its own unique culture with their own weapons and styles of dress, and each race has their own special characteristics.  Besides these creatures, there are new metals and new reactions to make the game more flavorful.  For the most part, Furry Fortress is not much different from vanilla DF, so you should be able to jump in and play without much extra learning curve. 

Everything is very difficult to test, so if something doesn't seem correct, let me know, and feel free to offer suggestions. 

Spoiler: Metals (click to show/hide)New metals have been added:
Aerochalcum - Comparable to iron/bronze, but very light weight. 
Geochalcum - Comparable to iron/bronze, but very dense.
Pyrochalcum - Comparable to iron/bronze, but very sharp.
Hydrochalcum - Similar to gold, but blue in color.
Dracometal - A good all round metal, possibly comparable to steel. 
Paktong - An alloy of copper and nickel, based on modern cupronickel.  Weapons Grade.  Replaces Nickel Silver. 
Dwarrosteel - An improved version of steel.  Only dwarves can make it. 
Novachalcum - A powerful alloy of the 4 elemental metals. 
Rock Steel, Cloud Steel, Blaze Steel, Ocean Steel - Alloys of iron and the elemental metals, plus the usual steel ingredients. 
Crucible Steel and Flux Steel - Each type of steel can be made from Flux, the Dwarven way, or with a Crucible, a combination of clay and raw clear glass. 

Many of the decorative alloys, like billon or rose gold have been removed to make room for the new metals.  Copper and Silver can no longer be used for weapons.  Lead and Nickel can be used for ammo. 

Spoiler: Weapon Skills (click to show/hide)I have changed the names of the weapons skills to allow for a more diverse selection of weapons.  These appear correctly on your citizens but not on the unit screen. 

Slasher - Swords.  Replaces Swordsman
Hacker - Axes, tree cutters.  Replaces Axeman
Bludgeoner - blunt weapons, hammers and maces.  Replaces Hammerman
Flailer - Hinged weapons, flail, nunchuck, etc.  Replaces Maceman.  Note that maces use the Bludgeoner skill now
Lancer - Spears.  Replaces Spearman. 
Halberdiers - Heavy slashing polearms, such as halberd, glaive and polehammer.  Replaces Pikeman.  Note that pikes use the lancer skill now. 
Shooter - Mechanical shooting weapons, crossbow, ninja glove and harpoon gun.  Replaces Crossbowman.
Archer - Bows.  Replaces Bowman.
Hurler - Thrown weapons, such as the sling, javelin or hunga munga.  Replace Blowgunner. 

Spoiler: New Reactions (click to show/hide)New reactions take place at the crafters workshop.  You can use cloth to make beds, backpacks and quivers, glass to make ammo and wood or stone to make various weapons.  These will not be training weapons, but real ones that your soldiers will carry into battle, so plan accordingly.  Training weapons have been removed and treecutters cannot be made from wood. 
Spoiler: New Woods (click to show/hide)Several new economic woods are being tested.  White Oak is similar to real life hardwoods in material properties.  Blade Bough copies the properties of Obsidian and Ironwood copies the properties of iron.  Calamander, Ebony and Boxwood are more valuable than normal wood.  Calamander is as valuable as gold. 

New Races:
Spoiler: Vulps - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on foxes and medieval Japanese.  Vulps will prefer to bite and scratch instead of punch and kick.  Vulps can enter martial trances.  Vulps have a unique ranged weapon, the ninja glove, which launches shuriken and has an edged melee attack. 
Spoiler: Tadhgers - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on badgers and steampunk.  Tadhgers will prefer to bite and scratch instead of punch and kick.  Tadhgers are prone to rage.  Tadghers use a beefed up version of the crossbow called the bolt gun and can distill booze into ethanol(coke).  Tadhgers can produce an interesting article of clothing known as the boiler suit, which covers the entire body, as well as an armored version, boiler plate. 
Spoiler: Lagomers - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on rabbits and medieval England.  Lagomers are incredibly fast.  Lagomers will get mad if you trade them animal parts (like elves with wood) and cannot tan leather hides.  Lagomers use the Longbow, a more powerful bow, and the tuck, a long sword with a sharp tip but no blade. 
Spoiler: Simiates- Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on monkeys.  Simiates have a prehensile tail, which they can use to grasp additional objects or to strike in combat.  Simiates are stance climbers, since they can grip with their feet.  Simiates will get mad if you trade them wood (like elves).  Unlike the hypocritic cannibals, Simiates cannot produce grown wood either, but they get reactions to produce essential items with other materials.  Check out their Coal Maker's Workshop.   Simate weapons are all blunt. 
Spoiler: Mammovich - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on mammoths.  Mammoviches are enormous and incredibly strong.  They have tusks which they can use to gore their enemies.  Mammovich clothing, weapons and armor require more materials to produce than usual. 
Spoiler: Formicians - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on ants.  Formicians have centaurine bodies and insectoid tissues.  Formicines males are useless and scurry around the fortress as pets; you can even butcher them.  Formicines are smaller and weaker than other races and have a short lifespan, but they reproduce prodigiously, do not need sleep and do not experience emotions.  Formicians' chitin plated fists and bites are also quite powerful against weak flesh. 

You are probably thinking wait! what about queens and soldier castes and so forth?  Well, I tried a more complicated caste system to begin with, but it was incredibly complicated.  The current system is much more manageable, but if someone wants to experiment, I don't mind hosting an alternative version of Formicians for anyone who wants it. 
Spoiler: Komodos - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on monitor lizards and ancient Egypt.  Komodos are reptilians with scales and claws and a powerful tail slap attack (hopefully).  Komodos carry a specialized halberd known as the Fan Axe which combines the wide blade of an axe with the forward penetration of a polearm.  The khopesh is a hacking weapoon, thus it can be used for tree cutting. 
Spoiler: Gazeal - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on gazelle and the Zulu.  Gazeal are grazers, meaning they must rely on grass and will not try to eat any other food.  Gazeals produce the Iklwa, a combination sword and spear, and the dreaded Hunga Munga a throwing axe.  As it is bound by the existing mechanics of DF, this means it is an axe that launches more axes as ammo.  (I realize that the Hunga Munga is not actually a Zulu weapon, but it's one of my favorites and fits best with the Gazeal) 
Spoiler: Pingu - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on penguins and pirates.  Pingues are graceful in the water, capable of swimming as fast as they can walk.  (Of course your Pingu adventure companions will still refuse to follow you into rivers...)  Pingues have some powerful ranged weapons, the harpoon gun, a more powerful javelin launcher, and the bayonet bow, a crossbow with a spear-like edged attack.  The cutlass uses the hacking skill instead of slashing skill, so it can be used to cut down trees as well. 
Spoiler: Haukyngr - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on hawks and vikings.  Haukyngr have an incredibly fast gate, high endurance and are incredible climbers.  Haukyngr have talons on their feet, but I'm not sure if they can use them to for scratch attacks while wearing shoes, which the game forces upon them.  The Haukyngr's viking inspired equipment is pretty close to DF vanilla weapons, so there is not much new about them.  Like the vikings, Haukyngr do not domestically produce plate armor, so rely on speed and shield when playing as them. 
Spoiler: Leokin - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on lions and fantasy barbarians.  Leokin are larger than most races at 80k, with teeth and claws.  Females gain natural skill at hunting, while males gain natural skill at melee fighting.  Females appear more numerously than males.  Leokin can produce the unique weapon zanbato, also known as a buster sword.
Spoiler: Horstang - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on horses and Polish hussar.  Horstangs have very large centaurine bodies with hooves, and are incredibly fast.  Their weapons and equipment are based on the Polish hussar and mounted soldiers.  The composite bow is a powered up version of the normal bow.  The nadziak is a hammer with a long spike on the reverse side, allowing its wielder to make blunt or piercing attacks. 
Spoiler: Pandamon - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on pandas and Chinese culture.  Pandamon are large sized, 80k.  Like Lagomers, they shun the trading of animal parts.  Pandamon come with a plethora of kung fu weapons.  Unlike the game's panda species, Pandamon do not require bamboo to survive. 
Spoiler: Sharkopaths - Complete! (click to show/hide)Based on sharks and modern fantasy.  Sharkopaths are large sized, 80k.  They have an inherent ability to swim, although the game will not account for that when pathing.  Sharkopaths share the rare projectile weapons, Harpoon Gun and Ninja Glove, and produce a variety of rare weapons, like the sawblade sword, war scythe and swallow.  Sharkopaths can produce knuckledusters and sawblades from animal teeth. 

Spoiler: Snagas - Canceled... (click to show/hide)Based on snakes and ancient India. 
I need to do a more complete explanation of what everything is.  For the moment, you'll have to check the raws. 

I am not working on FuFo anymore.  If you wish to contribute something or update it for newer versions of DF, please feel free.  I am still subscribed to this topic if you have questions. 

Kitsune:

--- Quote from: AceSV on September 09, 2015, 12:08:12 am ---Spoiler: Sharkopaths - Coming soon... (click to show/hide)Based on sharks and modern fantasy. 
--- End quote ---

Could you explain a little more of what these would be like? Sorry if modern fantasy sums it really well I just don't understand what exactly that would entail.

AceSV:

--- Quote from: Kitsune on September 09, 2015, 09:57:52 am ---Spoiler: Sharkopaths - Coming soon... (click to show/hide)Based on sharks and modern fantasy. 
Could you explain a little more of what these would be like? Sorry if modern fantasy sums it really well I just don't understand what exactly that would entail.

--- End quote ---

Sure, they are based on Final Fantasy or Soul Eater type stuff.  Actually their equipment is already included in the raws, they have the sawblade, warscythe, and swallow for weapons, and their clothing includes tank tops, chaps, wetsuits, bikinis and bunny ears, among others.  They currently have a weapon called the gunsaber, which launches the same bullets used for slings, but I'm not sure I want to include that in the final version.  Another idea was the javsaber, a sword with an atlatl like notch on the back that allows it to launch javelins, but that might be too much of a stretch in a game that requires imagination.  Another thought was to give them boomerangs (blunt) and bladerangs (edged) or have them share the Vulp's ninja glove and shuriken. 

I'll bring this up too, the original theory was to make Sharkopaths all [CRAZED] but the more I think about it, that's going to be way too over-the-top. 

Kitsune:

--- Quote from: AceSV on September 09, 2015, 11:56:26 am ---their clothing includes tank tops, chaps, wetsuits, bikinis and bunny ears, among others.

--- End quote ---
I actually know where you got the inspiration for the sharkopaths wearing chaps, bikinis and maybe wetsuits too.

Ruludos:
The link to the Google Drive file says that it requires permission to download. Was this intentional?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version