Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Furry Fortress 2 - Rise of the Jackalopes  (Read 31834 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Fortress 2 - Baby Snatchin' is Back!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »

Alright, I finally remembered that I can look at the attacks in c_variation and the komodos now have the correct coding for their claw and tail attacks.  The new melee squad is also wrecking stools with their weapons, so I guess that is fixed. 

Also, a little piece of wisdom, if you're using ranged squadrons you must set them to equip a specific kind of weapon and a specific kind of ammo, otherwise they will run around with bows and javelins or slingshots and bolts or whatever.  I've heard that is sometimes a problem in vanilla, but it's especially bad in FuFo where you can have 8 different kinds of ranged weapons or whatever it is. 

Also, joy upon joys: I've encountered my first baby snatchers of 40.24.  And no, not goblin baby snatchers, Blizzard Man baby snatchers!  I'm definitely pleased with the entity_acesv_bad guys so far, I'll have to think of someways to ramp that up once I'm done with the playable races.  Suggestions welcome. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Furry Fortress 2 - Baby Snatchers, Baby!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »

ptw.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »

Played a few years as the Vulps, but nothing very interesting happened. Vulps aren't very different than dwarves anyway, so I unfortunately don't have much to comment on. I will download the latest version and play with your evil civs, though.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 01:47:06 pm »

Played a few years as the Vulps, but nothing very interesting happened. Vulps aren't very different than dwarves anyway, so I unfortunately don't have much to comment on. I will download the latest version and play with your evil civs, though.

In my experience, vulps are better fighters than dwarves in fortress mode, probably because they throw in a lot of bite attacks.  If you want to spice up a vulp fortress, try playing more aggressively, attack caravans, live in the 3rd cavern or attack the clown car or something. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 02:22:50 pm »

Just for clarification, my fortress of komodos is starving despite having a full stockpile of cooked fish. Do they prefer to eat raw corpses?

They certainly don't eat the various plants that they've found.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »

Just for clarification, my fortress of komodos is starving despite having a full stockpile of cooked fish. Do they prefer to eat raw corpses?

They certainly don't eat the various plants that they've found.

Huh, i've never had that problem.  I don't think I've ever done !!SCIENCE!! with carnivore civs.  Are they cooked at the kitchen or just prepared at the fishing shop?  If cooked, are the ingredients only fish or are there plants included?  I'm pretty sure they need any food to be butchered before consuming it, they can't eat raw corpses. 

As for plants, I have observed komodos consuming alcohol, so brew brew brew any plants you find. 

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »

Not too familiar with carnivores myself, but I do know that they will indeed refuse to eat plants. A carnivorous adventurer will lick plants instead of eating them, last I tried playing a carnivore. On a similar note, it is a bit strange that we can't have herbivores. I am not aware of any way to have a creature eat a corpse.

And just because it came up in a different thread, I think it may be worth taking a look at different creatures' homeotherms, as if it is set too high or too low, creatures won't eat.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 07:45:55 pm »

Yes if a creature thinks it's too hot, or cold the AI flips out and refuses to eat and in some cases drink. HOMEOTHERM that is too low will make normal areas "too hot" also if you make their blood as something that is really hot will bug it out too "Molten Gold"

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »

I haven't adjusted the homeotherm for any race, they are the same as dwarves.  That might be an interesting way to differentiate some races, like mammoths can't embark in hot regions, lizards can't embark in cold. 

I tried a quick embark and it certainly looks like they do not consider fish to be edible.  However, it might be possible that they are not preparing raw fish quickly enough, since they prefer to fish instead of anything else.  Now I wonder if they would eat eggs and cheese. 

EDIT: Come to think of it, I remember dwarves taming a wild camel with a fish, so the game probably does not consider fish to be made of meat.  Should a bug report be filed about this?  It will probably be a big deal in the next DF version if it's not fixed.  I don't really understand the process of bug reporting myself. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:41:00 am by AceSV »

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Fortress 2 - Fish, Schmish
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 10:05:57 pm »

Okay, more observations of carnivores vs fishes and I think I am seeing fish getting eaten.  I think that means that fish are getting captured, but not prepared for eating as fast as is necessary.  I haven't tried to check eggs and cheese. 

This fun thing happened though:  Yakbima Pibirepotet, Bone Carver has created Ptauniwenu, a wild boar bone bikini!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 10:30:39 pm »

Too many fishers and not enough fisheries does seem to create an amusing yet infuriating bottleneck. Especially when it takes a long time to discover, and you suddenly discover several hundred rotted fish.

Or too many fishers, but no fish-cleaners.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 11:57:20 am »

Okay, I've got Horstangs and Leokin ready.  I have not extensively tested the new versions, but they should be pretty close to their previous incarnations.  There are a few changes here and there.  Paktong should now be the same value as bronze.  The horse-armor for formicines and horstangs has been removed, they're going to use humanoid words instead.  Leokin got a reaction to make bone knuckledusters, so I added the same to simiates who can also produce knuckledusters.  There is no premade world this time, but Sil Minbaz from the last update is still available. 

Horstangs (known in FuFo1 as Equids) are based on horses and have centaurine bodies and hooves.  Their weapons and armor are based on Polish hussars and Mongol imperial soldiers.  The nadziak is also known as a horseman's pick, but that was too punny for me and I didn't want to confuse it with a digging implement.  In FuFo1, Equids used another Polish hussar weapon known as the Koncerz, a 5 foot long thrusting sword with a point but no blade, but I decided this would be too similar to the Horstang Lance and Lagomer Tuck, however, if anyone wants the koncerz back, I can reanimate it.  Horstangs are much larger than other races, 150k. 

Leokin are larger than most races at 80k, with teeth and claws.  Females gain natural skill at hunting, while males gain natural skill at melee fighting.  Females appear more numerously than males.  Leokin can produce the unique weapon zanbato, also known as a buster sword. 

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Fortress 2 - Lions and Horses
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 04:05:58 pm »

Based on monkeys.  Simiates have a prehensile tail, which they can use to grasp additional objects or to strike in combat.  Simiates are stance climbers, since they can grip with their feet.  Simiates will get mad if you trade them wood (like elves).  Unlike the hypocritic cannibals, Simiates cannot produce grown wood either, but they get reactions to produce essential items with other materials.  Check out their Coal Maker's Workshop.   Simate weapons are all blunt.
monkeys

Finally!Now I have a reason to play this game again!
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:41 am »

buster sword
furry fantasy: the spirits within
Black lives matter.

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »

imagine fusing together Bavarians and bovines... into bovarians...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria

german cheeses...

... I will attempt to work on this... i will share it when I have something workable... probably closer in culture to the dutch most likely...

EDIT: fusing humans, satyrs, and cows together...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:14:01 pm by CulixCupric »
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11