Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Furry Fortress 2 - Rise of the Jackalopes  (Read 31850 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Fortress 2 - Sieges Everywhere ... or not
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:56 pm »

Well, worth a shot changing that to ACCEPTABLE, I guess. Hypothetically it might be crashing because it cant find anyone for them to eat. Although somehow that still doesnt seem right at all, but the whole situation of a civilization/creature crashing the game because it's intelligent is just weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2016, 04:49:46 am »

Typo: are your wyvern pups still referred to as "wybern pups" in the next version?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »

Typo: are your wyvern pups still referred to as "wybern pups" in the next version?

Oops.  But I'm tempted to leave that alone because it sounds cute. 

Well, worth a shot changing that to ACCEPTABLE, I guess. Hypothetically it might be crashing because it cant find anyone for them to eat. Although somehow that still doesnt seem right at all, but the whole situation of a civilization/creature crashing the game because it's intelligent is just weird.

I don't know.  I'm really not in the mood to want to poke around when it requires generating new worlds or waiting around for sieges. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:33:58 pm by AceSV »
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2016, 04:37:27 pm »

I can't help but thank of the Playstation Final Fantasy V translation "Y Burn"

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:03 pm »

Actually I wonder if [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:REQUIRED] makes them eat each other.
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2016, 05:14:03 pm »

Actually I wonder if [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:REQUIRED] makes them eat each other.
I wouldn't be surprised if the game simply can't parse enforced cannibalism. Someone should try it with 40.24, to see whether it's a result of the cannibalism bug.

EDIT: I set "EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER" to "REQUIRED" for Dwarves on both 40.23 and 42.06. Neither crashed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:20:53 pm by Urlance Woolsbane »
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »

Well I did switch the wyverns from required cannibalism to acceptable cannibalism and they didn't crash.  So problem solved I guess.  It's not like you would see wyverns killing and eating anyone anyways, since they'd have to butcher it or something anyways. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2016, 01:30:05 am »

Elves just kinda inhale the corpses of anybody they kill in-game. No butchery required.

Or at least they used to. Maybe the cannibalism bug affects that now too? I havent had a good elf siege in a while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »

I absolutly love how you created some kind of characterization in your description thingy, the like that i tried to in my post.
*sigh*
Its quite admirable.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »

I absolutly love how you created some kind of characterization in your description thingy, the like that i tried to in my post.
*sigh*
Its quite admirable.

Thanks bud.

So I'm looking for other stuff to do while the new siegers aren't working.  Can I make entity specific food?  Like, the vulps can make sushi, tadgers can make sandwiches, and so on.  Also, can I mod meals that require a specific ingredient, like sushi requires some kind of fish, pizzas require some kind of flour, etc. 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:46 am »

*sigh*
Its quite admirable.

Thanks bud.

So I'm looking for other stuff to do while the new siegers aren't working.  Can I make entity specific food?  Like, the vulps can make sushi, tadgers can make sandwiches, and so on.  Also, can I mod meals that require a specific ingredient, like sushi requires some kind of fish, pizzas require some kind of flour, etc.

Are Wyverns the only race currently having issues?

Also, I have noticed that occasionally, sieges will arrive and instantly vanish - but in the process drop off some thieves who are stealthed. The two events might be related (in which case this behavior might still not be avoidable, but ought to be tolerated due to eventually guaranteeing hostile sieges.).

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2016, 10:02:46 am »

Also, I have noticed that occasionally, sieges will arrive and instantly vanish - but in the process drop off some thieves who are stealthed. The two events might be related (in which case this behavior might still not be avoidable, but ought to be tolerated due to eventually guaranteeing hostile sieges.).

I haven't seen any sieges from the baddified civs either.  I did find a wyvern companion in Adventure mode and that was pretty sweet.  I'm also testing Obsidimons on my machine, and they seem to be just as ineffectual as the others.  I'm currently testing in a world where Tadghers are the only normal race, Vulps, Komodos and Pingues are baddified and there are 2 wyvern civs and an obsidimon civ.  It looks like the Tadghers went extinct about 100 years ago due to a Forgotten Beast Attack.  The baddified civs aren't sending caravans or thieves, and the monster civs haven't tried to attack.  No performers have arrived at my tavern, Tadghish or otherwise.  It's only about 3 years in, so the slow export rate might be the culprit, but I feel like this is exceptionally slow. 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:23 am »

I haven't seen any sieges from the baddified civs either.  I did find a wyvern companion in Adventure mode and that was pretty sweet.  I'm also testing Obsidimons on my machine, and they seem to be just as ineffectual as the others.  I'm currently testing in a world where Tadghers are the only normal race, Vulps, Komodos and Pingues are baddified and there are 2 wyvern civs and an obsidimon civ.  It looks like the Tadghers went extinct about 100 years ago due to a Forgotten Beast Attack.  The baddified civs aren't sending caravans or thieves, and the monster civs haven't tried to attack.  No performers have arrived at my tavern, Tadghish or otherwise.  It's only about 3 years in, so the slow export rate might be the culprit, but I feel like this is exceptionally slow.

Three years is actually normal, in my experience, especially if the progress triggers are not set to 1. You need the MERCENARY tag in the entity for them to arrive as mercs, though I don't know what's needed for performers other than musical forms. Could you post the raws and let me check them out? Or tell me if I could test the same thing by baddifying the civs in the current version?

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2016, 02:14:44 pm »

Three years is actually normal, in my experience, especially if the progress triggers are not set to 1. You need the MERCENARY tag in the entity for them to arrive as mercs, though I don't know what's needed for performers other than musical forms. Could you post the raws and let me check them out? Or tell me if I could test the same thing by baddifying the civs in the current version?

I've put the region I'm testing on the Google folder:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_Jm8L6GFwcaHVoQ1BacWtuNTg/view?usp=sharing  FuFo_v006 from the main folder is slightly different. 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »

I just got a Tadger siege (and massacred it).

This was in autumn, year 3 of my test fort built using v6, the version available from the front page (not your current testing region). I had set all of the progress triggers for hostile civs to 1. I have 5138541 created wealth and 78 population before the siege came.

I think the badguy tags work, but you have to set the progress triggers to 1 to get them to come by the earliest possible time of three years in.

Edit: I have to say it is disconcerting that furry creatures look like dwarves when dead. I thought my military had suffered casualties at first.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:29:55 pm by darkflagrance »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11