Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skyrim Challenge: Blame it on Brand-Shei  (Read 2031 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Skyrim Challenge: Blame it on Brand-Shei
« on: December 12, 2015, 02:16:31 am »

Hey folks! Dunamis here, all around good-looker and talented Lady-Wood-Elf rogue. I recently ran into some troubling professional problems. I was chased out of Riften for breaking into the Jarl's wardrobe and walking out dressed in her very own fine clothes. I won't go into detail, but 9 city guards, 3 trolls, 6 wolves and a Khajiit were involved in my escape. Suffice it to say, things got sticky.

I've therefore instituted the BIB policy: Blame It on Brand-Shei.

Brand-Shei, for those of you who are unaware, is was an innocent street vendor in Riften. He has been framed (by some vision of lovliness) for pickpocketing, and resides in the city jail. As a matter of misdirection, I will be planting one item from each major theft or assassination either on his person or within his cell without his or any guards noticing.

With any luck, he will soon develop a reputation as a legendary thief and criminal mastermind, reputed to be able to leave his cell under full guard, travel to any point in Skyrim, and return with his ill-gotten goods unseen. Clearly, his denials are mere mockery of the prison guard.

.....Anyone else have anything to add? I'm down for anything that adds challenge, but most importantly humor to my career as a master thief, assassin, and female hair model.

Spoiler: I'm Your Host, Dunamis (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim Challenge: Blame it on Brand-Shei
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:46:36 am »

This is brilliant in so many ways.

As for added challenge, any corpses you might accidentally accrue along the way must ALSO be brought to his cell. Though you might need the final reanimation spell to get them through doors and such. A reanimation staff might work in a pinch as well IIRC.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:50:02 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:40 am »

That sounds hilarious.  I look forward to a grand framing adventure!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »

Hello, readers! I decided that it would be prudent to attempt a dry run. In doing so, I discovered that a some minor alterations needed to be made to BIB. While it was possible to sneak into the jail undetected (Riften City Guards are quite manageable with the proper oral soporific), it seems that neither Brand-Shei nor his uppity cellmate are capable of sleep.

Our dear friend Brand-Shei was therefore quite aware of what was happening. Initially, he protested hotly, but by the end he simply asked me to be careful with the things I was silently placing about his cell and person. He even asked me to be careful with one of the larger items. Such a good sport.

I do believe this was a most successful dry run. Unbeknownst to Mr. Shei, a key to the Black-Briar Manor and a Silver bar from the safe in the Markarth treasury were left in his pocket. Also, three city guard helmets were tidily placed in the bucket near his bed across from the three city guard corpses (artfully draped).

Until next time!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:39:55 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Groovydog5

• Escaped Lunatic
  • CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:41:15 am »

Well this seems very interesting.

I look forward to Brand-Shei accumulating a bunch of random crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:18:39 am »

This sounds worthy of a PTW.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.