Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 45609 times)

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, first turn is a go !

Time to complain about the starting positions ! :D

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Sigh. Throne of splendour is on the map. As if the sacred giants were not enough of a problem.

Is it too early to call for an alliance of underdogs against everyone with size-6 units?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it too early to call for an alliance of underdogs against everyone with size-6 units?
Kind of masturbatory, isn't it ?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Ok got the turn file, but don't know how to use it?

I opened the savedgames directory and made a new folder for the game, put the file in there, but nothing happened.

BFEL is confuse.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Ok got the turn file, but don't know how to use it?

I opened the savedgames directory and made a new folder for the game, put the file in there, but nothing happened.

BFEL is confuse.
I have the same thing happen every time I use nationgen nations. You need to create a single-player game with your nation, launch it, then exit. It should work then.
Sadly, the procedure of launching and exiting the SP game has to be done every time you restart Dominions.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, apparently it also happens with some "normal" modded nations : you have to load your nation with a single-player game for it to be usable in the MP game ;)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... so anyone else get stuck in a strictly negative starting province? Wanna' see if I've got any suffering buddies, heh.

Starting to think less tongue-in-cheek that this game hates short people. And yes, I'm aware giving hints like that is probably a bad idea. There's enough swamp and wasteland on the map I don't much care. Also, m'kinda' buggered anyway, so might as well play things loose :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I know I don't have many (land) provinces around my capital, and not many expansion directions, but I think I can still handle it.

Also, Frumple : You only have a Str mage as far as cap-only units go, so it could have been worse ;)
(says the one with cap-only sacred and cap-only werewolves)

Also, given our mainly non-ranged nations, I wonder who will buy the mercenaries first ^^
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:42:45 am by IWishIWereSarah »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...is no one else going to step up and do it? *sigh*

• Hobnia, Sprouting Vault: Divinis Stercore, Prince of the Eternal Forest, God of Unnatural Lust
  • Dheathdaich, Tower of Mud: Mt. PMS, Lady of the World, Queen of the Hunt, the Evil Princess
  • Fhuamdar, City of Hammers: A Penis Metaphor, Prince of all Sources of Water, Prince of Fertility, God of Grasses, Grain and Reed
  • Fairig, Followers of the Catacomb Legion: Fafnir, the Unmoving Master, Master of the Rock, King of Growth, Prince of Many Names
  • Turland, Ascension of the High Dying Necrolytes: Turland AfTurland, the Man Eater, Master of Pain
  • Abeig, Sect of the Supreme Wolven Mages: The Worm Beneath, the Fortifier, God of Forgiving, King of Inventions
  • Horoken, Rise of the Adept Heliomancers: Horahorahora, God of Invincible Power, Prince of Verdure, God of Plants and Trees, the Unsleeping God, Patron of Arbitrators
  • Rizdos, Blackened City: Santa Christ, Lord of Might, Master of the Foothills, Rider of the Clouds
  • Ceasar, Decline of the Sepulchral Throne: Augustus, He who Shoots Forth, the Boiling Spirit, God of Near and Close

Thrones:
Level 3: Sun, Splendour, Elements
Level 2: 1st Age, Golden, Life, Moon, Fortune, Misfortune, Iron, Outer, Fire
Level 1: High. 2nd Age, Ice, Spring, Storms, Stars, Autumn, Winter, Stability, Bones, Law, Brass, War, Night, Beasts, Pestilence, Lower, Flames
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:43:17 am by E. Albright »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my god. You guys all have a N9 bless, haven't you ?
"Prince of the Eternal Forest", "Queen of the Hunt", "Prince of Fertility", "King of Growth", "Prince of Verdure, God of Plants and Trees", "Master of the Foothils" ?
Only Turland is ... B9 ? :/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Nah, those don't necessarily entail a major bless. Just minor (and some growth scales, in some cases).

... though, looking into the generation process, I hadn't realized those titles were quite as spoilery as they are. Knew domain choices had an influence, but I hadn't realized they were quite as telling.

E: Well, except for the Eternal Forest one. That's definitely N9. The rest are negotiable -- foothills isn't even about nature, that's an E minor at minimum.

E2: Though... yeah, any of those with sacred giants and a nature title are probably rocking N9. We knew this was coming :P

It's going to be interesting to see if/to what extent there's a fight over mother oak/gift of health/etc., ha.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:16:13 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what is funny ?
The nation with 4 N gem generation (Hobnia) doesn't have sacred giants.
The other nations with guaranteed N mages don't have sacred giants.
I think my nation is the only one with N chances in its nat mages with sacred giants (and it's 60% of N1 on a non-main mage)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mrmph, I've got 37.5% N1-2/12.5% N2 on my cap-only tertiary mages.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

*waggles hand* High N on a no/low nature nation is a pretty safe risk in EA. N1 indies for sitesearch and workhorse stuff are fairly common, and having a pretender that can put out those ruddy N rituals is darn useful. And that's discounting the best major bless in the game :P
Ask not!
Ask!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

My cap is a bit light on connected provinces I could actually take, I think that's vague enough not to be compromising.

It could still work out for me.  I'll have to learn a little more about the surrounding area.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43