Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 45692 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done
« Reply #630 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »

I had 220 income as of last turn.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 14, 2015, 09:03:35 pm »

I'm sure you would have been very glad to contribute :P

Death gems really were the dump stat of this game tho.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Probably done?
« Reply #632 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:29 pm »

Really, the weirdest thing to me about those sacred giants, in this game, was that... none of the sacred giant people really did anything with them (from what I could see, anyway). Boksi was the most aggressive sacred user I noticed, and they staled like 1/10th of their turns. Don't think ever really attacked anyone except Al, either. EA got jumped by pigeons, BFEL and Iwa just seemed to somehow die off while playing in the water or somethin', it was ruddy weird. I was seriously expecting giants to come stomping over the everything for probably the first thirty turns or so, but it never seemed to manifest.
As I stated before, I was under the impression that there was some sacred "no attacking other players for X turns" thing going on.
And I'm sure Mr. Hat will be glad to tell you exactly how I used my giants :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Probably done?
« Reply #633 on: December 14, 2015, 11:26:59 pm »

So they all underestimated you,
...they thought you were harmless
...and then you won.

I suddenly feel vindicated for vilifying you in all those Dom3 games we fought.  Yay!
It was less "underestimated" and more "the south was embroiled in a more or less 3v1 war that the 3 was willing to stop but the 1 wasn't" and couldn't do anything about it before riz took off. Al played kingmaker, basically :P

Though, to be fair, the pox ridden mire that most of the south ended up as part of that kerfluffle probably didn't help.

Maybe in retrospect the 20+ flying bane venom carrying servants wasn't the best of resource expenditures. I'll be damned it wasn't satisfying, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 14, 2015, 11:49:39 pm »

I totally deny that I am the cause of the 3v1 of the South. Did I try to crush Fairig (and very nearly succeed)? sure. Did I attack Fhuamdar after they staled a whole bunch of turns in a row? sure.

But I never attacked Horoken - he attacked me (on multiple occasions!) with his glamor troops. In fact, I sent several messages trying to broker deals to join in an attack against the giants of the South. I was ignored.

So at very worst I'm responsible for no worse than a 2v1. The 3v1 was because of opportunistic and/or sociopathic aggression.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 15, 2015, 03:31:15 am »

Actually, it's moreso that I started in on diplomacy before you did, and to put it mildly, I was much less threatening than you were. So you still get credit for getting dogpiled.  :P

(I'm pretty sure you couldn't have taken my capital w/o a whole lot more resources than you brought to bear. I'm not even sure your doomstack would have beat my doomstack once I brought in chaff to keep my giants from getting swarmed. Alas, we'll never know because of my nation's petty, spiteful nature...)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »

Yeaaah, I wasn't exactly worried about fairig after massive armies of pigeons beelined towards my provinces right through them. Doubly so once they started trying to tear through boksi, too. Thus-far-passive neighbors vs aggressively expansionist neighbor isn't much of a choice :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]