Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 28268 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire!
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2015, 10:04:27 pm »

persus blatant omgus.
You are completely right, your vote is a blatant omgus. Why don't you answer my other question about the shorten request you still have put out there.

hmmmmmmm nobody cc'd him last dp. I forgot about that tbh. unvote. I'll unvote as there is no cc currently and am on. If there is we win the game. Am suprised that persus didn't vote for anyone. Maf must have for some reason been threatened by njw so I'll look at his posts to see who he scumspected. Mafia might be most likely been killing off the wagon tho. Which is good strategy as the people on the wagon are more trustworthy/townie than people not on the mafia wagon. That is why bussing is so unexpected since it is tactically bad gameplay especially day 1.

Gameplay/post hoc rationale (not really): I mentioned in case anyone was wondering about filipk and I extending because it makes more sense for mafia to extend in that situation since they know their partner is dying. inb4 did you just claim mafia.

@persus I unvoted here post 273 and explained myself did you miss it or this post not fit in with lets try to live for one more day by cherry picking gestalt? It was before griffs quote 279 I'm fairly confident you saw it. Further more you say were going after njw so was filipk which is why you two are at the top. classic chainsaw is classic.
------------------
I think thats everyone to check in finally with persus, so tnt is clear. What worries me is that filipk had his vote on tnt like it was a bit unreal to me. He can't possibly be maf right?

I wonder if persus would commit that much of an oversite i.e. not vote. it seems like such poor play to not vote as mafia. He was gone so I'd buy it.
Yeah, I saw it, I even quoted this post in my last. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. I have no idea what you are trying to say about fillipk or me here, except that both of us were going after NJW. Has Ddynamo posted?

My vote was on tnt because he acted like scum, now that no one else claimed cop he's clear and I won't vote him.
Can you please answer my questions too. I'm trying to help you scumhunt here, and you seem to be fairly arbitrarily choosing people to include and exclude.

Persus
What, exactly, is your opinion of Moonlit?  In your post you say, twice, that he is potentially a mafioso, however you feel fine doing absolutely nothing active to follow up on that?
Of course he's potentially a mafioso, the same way everyone is potentially a mafioso except for you and me to my paranoid mafia-playing brain (and tntey is almost in that little group as well. I find roo far more scummy though then the possibility that moonlit might be scum. So, just to be clear, what's your actual case on me?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire! (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »

So the way I see it answering a question takes a lot of time, especially if they ask why, people don't always have that time and thus will rush their answer and won't lie as much, this is increased if you pressure them or ask multiple questions.  Or people get angry and vent like Frost did, either way works.

@persus's questions: I thought NJW was scum because I forgot that they were a beginner and went looking for wine.  Stupid in retrospect.

I put myself on the list because I acted exactly like my criteria for picking scummy people and didn't want someone, probably grif, to notice this and call me a hypocrite and then stones fall and I get lynched and scum don't die, simple as that.

@Everyone else: Do you think that Persus is trying a bit too hard to be town, or is that just me?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire! (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2015, 11:01:08 pm »

Processing day end.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »

Persus stood among the group, clothes stained with oil and hands covered with blood.  "Look, everyone, roo's obviously Frostmoon's ally!  He lit the fire!  He killed NJW!  It was all him!"

The rest disagreed.

The remnants of the border guard reached the capital about a week later.  Their warning came just in time.  Anything that could be spared, which was not much, was sent against Nathaniel's horde, stopping it just a day from the capital.  Cylimar was not saved, the southern war already being too much for it, but when it fell, it did not fall to the undead.

Day 2 has ended.

Votecount:
*Griffionday - (0)
*tntey - (0)
*fillipk - (0)
*Ddynamo - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow -(0)
*roo - Persus13 (1)
*Persus13 - roo, fillipk, Griffionday (3)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: tntey, Ddynamo, and The Moonlit Shadow

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 1/4 (roo)

Persus13 has been lynched!  He was the mafioso!

The town has won!  tntey was the cop, and the rest were vanilla townies!

Scumchat

Deadchat, for what it's worth

Actions:
Night 1, tntey investigated NJW2000 and Persus killed NJW2000.

Spoiler: Action Flavour (click to show/hide)

I'll make some comments on play and such tomorrow, but one thing I'd like to bring up quickly: I would honestly consider bussing D1 as scum in this setup, with the meta as it is.  Due to the huge amount of damage losing scum D1 does to the team, we've gone so strongly against it that when town hits scum D1, they can safely declare the main attackers clear, as basically happened here.  The risk is high, but the potential reward for bussing is huge.

It certainly wouldn't be standard practice, but as a gambit, with a bit of luck, I could see it working well once.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2015, 12:01:17 am »

Congratulations to the town!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2015, 12:25:17 am »

Gg wp. Nice try persus.
Or not it's cool.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2015, 12:26:36 am »

Good job town!

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2015, 06:14:11 am »

Wow, two Mafia lynches in a row.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:41 am »

If you play scum, please take minimal precautions to avoid you or your team mates from being lynched. I.e. use your vote.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:49 am »

Yeah but in this setup I think Frost sealed her teams defeat by answering the one question everyone thought was stupid.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:59 am »

That was a pretty weird game, right? D2 seemed really quick, though that might have been because I wasn't playing. Pretty fun first game!
One wheel short of a wagon

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2015, 11:17:23 am »

Note to self re: fillipk, people drastically shifting play style mid-day apparently needs to be downgraded as a tell.

A couple comments to people that I am in no way qualified to make:

Persus:
Toward the end of the day you felt like the least likely to be mafia of the 3 people I suspected, but between you, fillipk and roo, it seemed like you would be the hardest to get lynched in subsequent days, so you needed to be removed that day.  I was not expecting your flip.

Frostmoon:
Your play for the first part of the day was really good! You honestly were my favorite player first day, you seemed very friendly and to be doing better hunting that the rest of town; nearly every other player was making me face-palm by what they were calling "scummy" which was mostly noobish behavior that was in no way actually suspicious.  You weren't, which was pleasant; and made me quite glad when you came back.  Unfortunately your reactions seemed off at one point very early on, and so I felt you were likely not town.  My entire case was built around a hunch that you would have acted differently to the crazy antics of Moonlit (and myself) if you were genuinely unsure of what was going on (both initially and in your response to NJW); almost everything else was me reading too much into your subsequent actions to "present a case" (which I am /terrible/ at. Seriously. No one voted with me.)

Your IC comment about Persus honestly wasn't terribly suspicious on it's own. I was vaguely suspicious of Persus and needed a hook for my vote, in retrospect I think the fact that you /never/ did any hunting his direction was more suspicious and I should have brought that up.

Also, you /very/ nearly managed to get me off of your case with your final post, I was actually ready to drop my case if you had answered my questions.

roo & fillipk Sorry about my terrible read on you! I am glad that we got lucky and ended the game quickly.

That was a pretty weird game, right? D2 seemed really quick, though that might have been because I wasn't playing. Pretty fun first game!
Yes, it certainly did, very quick and low content.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

Some hell of a game you guys played there. Way better than my own first BM.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]