Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144013 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
[47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:32 pm »

This is a Wanderer's Friend derivative that I've been mucking about with for quite a while. At least since after DF2012 was finalized. Figures that I'll finally get in the mood to upload this while we're waiting on another update. A copy of the readme file, with accompanying appendices, is included alongside the raw file. Appendices are on the wiki page for this mod, and in my third post here due to post length.

Thanks to Button for the idea first found in their Expanded Plants mod, of allowing plant growths to cite entire plants for adventurer harvesting.

Additional thanks to Flint for the suggestion of simple lockbows (first used in Kobold Kamp), to Jackie for working on unarmed weapons, ZM5 for idea of and advice on the spear-thrower, Kallin for idea of clubs, as well as GIR, Tippex, and others elsewhere for testing, ideas, and help.

Current version for .47.02 - .47.05: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14758

Prior versions:

Changes from .47.01 Adventurecraft: Only reason a different version was needed is due to an added entity token, which renders 47.02 raws incompatible with 47.01. For some added !!FUN!! however, decided to give the new token to the Resurfaced tribals. Also some sphere tweaks for megabeasts, for a plan that ultimately fell flat.

Latest updates as of November 27, 2022: Per feedback, belatedly, FINALLY got around to implementing the suggestion of making infernal magic's stigmata and muteness side effects temporary, in exchange for the stigmata bleeding effect having a higher base severity.

Changelog is maintained in my next post due to post length.

To install this mod:
1. Create a backup of the Raw folder that DF has. Just in case.
2. Replace the unmodded Raw folder with the folder provided alongside this text file.
2a: Alternatively, if you want to use graphics packs, replace the Objects sub-folder, while leaving the Graphics sub-folder untouched.
3. Generate a new world and boom, happy adventuring.

Notable features of the mod:
1. Extensive reaction expansions. Just about anything useful in adventure mode can be obtained somehow.
2. A way to render most generated beast extracts extractable, and modify the material properties of organic generated beasts. Not only is it more rewarding to hunt megabeasts, but the same applies to titans and other such beasts. RCP edits are good for your health.
3. Extensive rebalancing to combat. Not only can you joint-lock and neck-snap just about anything with limbs, but various attacks and weapons better fit the role they're expecting to fill, and many materials have been altered to make things like stone weapons and megabeast-bone crafts serve their purpose.
4. Fleshing out the world and its inhabitants. A wider variety of great beasts to hunt, unnatural variants of certain monsters that stalk the night as a tier of threat below semi-megabeasts, tribes of subterranean animal people who've ascended to live on the surface, etc.
5. Rudimentary magical interactions with a more primal focus, which show up intermittently in worldgen as secrets, but can also be acquired by seeking out certain beasts thematically connected to a specific ability.

Important Pointers Before You Start:
1. Helves have been adapted into staves, and are used for adventure-mode weapon crafting in the same way helves are used for stone axes.
2. Most of the plants I've made pickable in adventurer mode are not in season all year round, just as the plants already exploitable in adventurer mode can only be picked in certain seasons.
3. Proper manly (or dwarvenly) adventurers don't use thread, cloth, bars, or sheets obtained from markets, keeps, or other worldgenned sources. Recipe bugs mean non-player-crafted versions will last for a crapload of uses.
4. Metalworking makes use of the carpenter's workshop for the time being, as no other workshop can be crafted in adventure mode.

Features:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bugs and Issues:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 12:30:17 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [.40.24] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:18 am »

KurikAmudnil has written a script called autofixhandedness.lua which fixed custom made gauntlets and does not interfere with fort mode. If you want to have a look, it's in hack/scripts in the masterwork mod.

No way to apply poison to weapons or ammo. Every mod I've seen uses the broken reaction from Wanderer's Friend. Crafting contact poison will have to suffice.
SPATTER_ADD can add workable poisons to weapons, traps and ammos. No problem there.

Itemsyndrome can do the same for shields, clothing and armor, like rune-engravings or decorations of steel raising the armors durability.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

Interesting take. I went more extreme with the materials part just flat out giving copper/iron/steel properties and stronger skin/scales to gobs/trolls/semimegas, rocs, and hydras/dragons. Made them heavy as hell too, gotta be really damn strong to run around in a full set of the stuff and it makes them flat out bastards to fight.

I'll look through it later more closely but I will say the one thing I think the WF mod was missing most was a way to use bone stacks more sensibly. Added a cleaned bone item and used those so you can have an item be 1 bone + x cleaned bones and so on. I just use gm-editor to fix the handedness, might grab the autofixhandedness later but I've got gm-editor on shift+d anyways.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »

EDIT: Changelog is now here due to post length.

Change Log:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:19:21 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

Ah. I should look into that, assuming it can be used with the raw files without requiring the user to run anything themselves?
The gauntlets are fixed automatically, the spatter-add is run through a reaction, so "poison your weapons" etc. But both require an install of dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »

EDIT: Appendices are now here due to post length.

Appendix A, New Reactions (No Workshop Involved):

Appendix B, List of Forging Reactions (at Carpenter's Workshop):

Appendix B, List of More Useful Stones:

Appendix D, List of Monsters With Improved Body Materials:

Appendix E, List of Monsters That Yield Venom Sacs:

Appendix F, List of Plant and Misc Craftable Extracts:

Appendix G, List of Plants Made Harvestable in The Mod:

Appendix H, List of Obtainable Magic:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:26:38 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »

As for clean bone tools, thing is you can't get the stack size to translate reasonably into a reasonable number of faked clean bone tools. And if I recall, reactions demanding multiples of a given reagent are bugged.
Well, you can tweak how many it makes, I just went with two per bone, and have various reactions which need 1 bone (or skull, which I added to the templates because dammit I need to be able to wear a damn dragon skull helm after killing one of the flying intelligent steelboned bastards!) and between 1 and 3 cleaned bones along with some needing leather. It's not perfect but I prefer 1 bone+3 cleaned bones+1 leather for a big hunk of armor than 1 bone+1 leather or something.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »

Hmm. So wait, asking for multiple cleaned bone tools will work? Thing is, I'd prefer stack lunacy to requiring a mix of raw bone and cleaned bone.

Even then, there isn't an easy way to get raw bones to convert into a sensible number of clean bones, right? It's either eat the whole stack (so you haven't actually avoid that issue), or one dragon turns into a shitload of cleaned bones.

I am however curious how you make skulls usable for crafting, as I've tried and failed to make skulls cite a material to allow their use in reactions. Tellll meeee. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 09:35:09 pm »

I added skulls to a template, it's the same material as the bones, it's just that the skull specifically uses the skull material and then I added the reaction class tag to the skulls.

The bones get produced from one bone to two cleaned atm with this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BONECARVING_ADV]
[NAME:separate bones]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:knife:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]
Then as an example:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_BONE_HELM_ADV]
[NAME:carve skull helm]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:knife:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:skull:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKULL]
[REAGENT:cleaned bones:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skull:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

That works great for me, uses up bones enough that I frequently run out before I'm able to just spam masterworks until I get highly skilled, so I end up settling for a mix of quality levels with earlier stuff.

This in the spoiler is the dragonskull template, just point to it in the body detail plan, the material properties are the same as the dragonbones (more or less steel but a bit denser and much sharper as I recall, eliminates the glass-cannon dragon issue) just with the skull names and stuff in there.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:38:38 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 10:19:18 pm »

Hmm. I could've sworn that just using a different template for skulls failed to work right, I'll have to try again. I'm still reluctant to copy that bone cleaning idea. What's stopping you from drowning in cleaned dragon bones?

EDIT: Okay, I think you're just fucking with me here. First, you didn't even put a reaction class in that material template. Second, I tested making a skull material template by copying the bone template and giving it a reaction_class, then changing the body detail plans to reference that material for skulls. Just as when I tried this last time, it didn't work.

EDIT 2: Though maybe I fucked up by forgetting to define a tissue template. Nope. Didn't work either.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:40:59 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 01:28:24 am »

No, they definitely work.

You can make more or less cleaned bones, and I generally end up with a pile left over or wind up trying to decide what to use the last couple pieces on.

For skulls I added these references:

creature_standard points to the relevant skull tissue and material templates
DRAGON has: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:DRAGONSCALE_MATERIALS
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKULL:DRAGONSKULL_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:DRAGONSCALE_TISSUES]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKULL:SKULL_TEMPLATE]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:SKULL]
[REACTION_CLASS:SKULL]

b_detail_plan_default points to the skull material and tissue templates
 DRAGONSCALE_MATERIALS has: [ADD_MATERIAL:SKULL:DRAGONSKULL_TEMPLATE]

DRAGONSCALE_TISSUES has: [ADD_TISSUE:SKULL:SKULL_TEMPLATE]

material_template_default has [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRAGONSKULL_TEMPLATE]

tissue_template_default has [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKULL_TEMPLATE]

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 02:11:56 am »

Hmm. As I found from checking your mod on Guthib. I tested that and it still won't work. The reaction refuses to acknowledge the skull as a valid reagent no matter how I mess with it.

Are you using DFHack or something in all those lua files to make it work? Because right now I'm reluctant to believe this being doable through raw edits alone.

Also, again. A one-to-one ratio of raw bone to clean bone isn't really ideal, and taking multiple units of raw bone is bugged and has been bugged for as long as I can recall.

EDIT: Nope. Not even the clean bone idea works right. Cleaning bones consumes a full stack to produce one cleaned bone, ignoring stack size. I am getting very sick of this, because so far I've yet to see any evidence that your mod is doing what you claim it'll do.

EDIT 2: This time I went so far as to just copy-paste the raw files and test those. Now the bone-cleaning reactions works SLIGHTLY, but it still only takes 1 bone at a time. Meanwhile, your skull reaction is outright useless even after copying the full raws. Either you're using DFHack to make it work, the lua files are required (didn't find any evidence this is the case), or...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:41:09 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 09:14:22 am »

No, the only thing I need dfhack for is the gauntlet handedness. The skulls work without it.

You can't make the bone cleaning do anything but take one bone at a time, that's why I introduced it, so you can have something use 5 or 6 bones for something instead of 1 bone.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 09:18:13 am »

With it in place, kill a megabeast or goblin and butcher the corpse, there should be a skull item which can be used for the helm or war hammer reactions. You can createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR DRAGON:SKULL too and it will produce the right item. The scripts aren't necessary for it at all, they're just the toys or stuff I've worked on, the wanderlust folder is self contained. The creatures do require a world-gen to show up but I assume you did that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:44 am »

I've been testing this in the arena, and it should be working there if it'll work at all. You're telling me it's supposed to work by just dumping the raw replacements in the raw folder, right?

Oh wait. I've been testing this on humans, let me try a goblin...

Nope. Not even. Gonna test this in adventure mode in a bit. By the way, I'd started testing this in adventure mode with a human and discovered a little extra dose of batshit insanity.

Ohgodwhatkillitwithfire::
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33