Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145200 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2016, 11:55:40 am »

That is very much vanilla behavior. ಠ_ಠ

You have to alt-move onto it, and even then it requires you enter from a direction where the ramp beneath is actually usable.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2016, 03:25:20 pm »

Thanks!

And also big thanks for the mod itself!

Little question about smithing:

Would it be possible to make it requiring a stone/metal smithing hammer to craft with metal bars instead of a "simple" stone? :P
I know you can add new weapons due to the existence to mods containing new weapons/armor etc. , tho i don't know if you
need DFHack for it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2016, 03:37:29 pm »

It would be possible to add a hammer to the recipe, either a warhammer or adding in a tool version. Granted, I'd be more tempted to do so if we had more options for adventurer-built workshops. As it stands it's more like you're hammering the metal into shape, which realistically would only make sense for the softer metals, or for really crude items.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:56 am »

What about heating the metal bars into a campfire, giving them a (bendable) state so you can form them with the hammer?
Just throwing in ideas, maybe something like that is possible. :D

Btw. a question in general:
Did vampires get the ability to increase thier attributes?
I noticed my vampire increased 2 of his attributes while being vampire-cursed by a god.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2016, 12:32:07 pm »

It would be nice if "heated by fire" was a property reactions could cite, but no. Easier would be to just make the reaction require some form of fuel.

And some vampire curses do that, yes. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2016, 02:57:51 pm »

Nyahahah. And now...well, mostly just made megabeast-tier body materials restricted to legit megabeasts. On the plus side, the designated "megabeast-tier chitin" role is now filled by a new monster.

Also a few minor lair-forming beasties to add some more Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2016, 05:39:26 am »

Hey! Remember me? I'm just wondering what all you have medicine-wise in your mod, and how far you could go with it. Specifically I am interested in applying ointments to various wounds to fight infections and aid healing, or brewed drinkable medicines that do things like numb pain or heighten senses. Is any of that possible to do? What about giving medical care to your companions? I have some other ideas on alchemy as well, but I won't bombard you with those just yet. If your interested in my thoughts on alchemy and medicine please let me know!

Thanks!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2016, 04:03:37 pm »

There are some items along those lines. Most of them are limited because adventure-mode healing is very oddball. Slow outside of fast-travel, while resting or traveling rapidly advances healing. No sign of any syndrome effect that can affect infections, as well.

All of them are available in the cooking/alchemy crafting category, either from plants or a megabeast heart. They're listed in the OP under Appendix E, but I'll list your medical options here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »

Haha silly me, I guess I didn't look hard enough... Time to start a new alchemy based adventurer.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2016, 03:10:54 pm »

Don't know if I asked this before but is this compatible with all races playable mod?

If not,how do I make,say,giants and leech men,to be adv playable?
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2016, 10:49:38 am »

Like with any extensive raw-changing mod, it'd be hard to say. For making them so, depends on whether you want an actual civilization, or just ensuring they can be chosen as outsiders.

There's the [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] creature token that allows you to make given species playable as outsiders. Granted, adding that to ALL intelligent creatures would be a pain in the ass, but you could massively reduce the hassle by going to the very end of the animal-person creature variation (in c_variation_default) and where you'll see this:

Code: [Select]
[CV_NEW_TAG:CAN_LEARN]
[CV_NEW_TAG:CAN_SPEAK]
[CV_NEW_TAG:EQUIPS]
[CV_NEW_TAG:CANOPENDOORS]
[CV_NEW_TAG:LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES]

You can add [CV_NEW_TAG:OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to it. In Adventurecraft's version of the file, there's a second animal-person variation for the creature-variant underground animalpeople (due to resizing bugs), since these can already be played as outsiders no change there is needed.

That'll definitely bloat the race-selection screen with choices though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2016, 05:32:26 pm »

Is it meant to be that the make leather (the only one I did) sandals makes only one sandal?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »

Odd. It should be a pair, I'll double-check. I've also discovered that the reaction for making scepters doesn't work, so I'll have that fixed as well.

EDIT: Swiftly fixed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:44:34 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

Yet another derpy update. Main change is adding gambesons, and also options for crafting masks, which in turn have been changed to not compete with helmets.

Haircloth gambesons will also be less of a joke due to hair now getting in on the material tier business.

Also minor stuff like removing the now-obselete fake weapon axes, and some tweaks so that various tools (stone axes, sewing needles, cooking pots, bone glue) can hopefully spawn in some civilzation inventories and cite sane materials.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

Is it intentional that the DFFD zip download contains only an RTF readme file? If so, why? ;)

Loved the mod back when it was downloadable btw!

(The .04 version contains a raw directory so I'm assuming you just goofed when you packaged the .05 version)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:02:23 am by oh »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33