Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145194 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2017, 03:30:56 pm »

Hmm. Not sure. I do have a minor mod of that sort unreleased, but it's nothing special. Like with Kobold Kamp, might be hard to finagle them to be compatible.

Meanwhile, my first worldgen test suggests that adding any raw-defined instruments will preclude generation. I added a drum and flute, and the end result was the generated instruments available to embark were all string and keyboard instruments.

A single generated percussion instrument DID show up in the crafting menu, but not at embark. Since the crafting menu can pick up on foreign instruments that dwarves learn to use, and I didn't give the other civs generic instruments, I assume this is a foreign instrument.

This suggests that I might not be able to supplement generated instruments with raw-defined ones, which is unfortunate given (last I checked) that choice is winning by a bit. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »

Okay, huh. That's odd. This time I went ahead and tested a full selection of instruments I've spent a good while working on. And this time a single generated percussion instrument was available, and assorted (presumbly non-native) instruments were available

This is...hmm. On the one hand that'd make it easier if I only added some simple instruments, but on the other hand there's still the issues with mixing raw-defined and generated instruments, and I don't know how often generated instruments will show up.

Plus I already worked on several, from the parts to the stats to crafting in both modes (except stationary instruments in adventure mode). 16 so far. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2017, 06:08:17 am »

You can pick up web as thread if you jump onto the tile it's on. And of course they have a dimension of 15,000 so you only really need two.  :-X

Hmm, can spider people just walk onto it to pick it up?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2017, 01:25:38 pm »

Yep, and that's a biiit exploitable in this mod, and for good reason.

Basically, make a reaction that requires 15000 thread. In fortress mode, that's how using cloth for anything normally works, and will generally consume a full stack of cloth.

In adventure mode, doing that'll make it request 15000 separate stacks of cloth, and consume a single unit of thread from each of them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »

Meh, it's not like there aren't already a bunch of exploits in vanilla adventure mode. Of course even masterful ☼mods☼ like this would expose more - you might even say it was inevitable.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2017, 06:01:45 pm »

Huehuehue. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2017, 06:53:04 pm »

Attacking with a needle trains the Mace skill. Maybe because of the METAL_WEAPON_MAT tag? (Edit: Or not, scroll rollers also train Mace.) Looks like SKILL:MISC_WEAPON could be used.

I tried it out - SKILL:MISC_WEAPON does make attacking with a needle train Misc Object User. As for scroll rollers - maybe they should train Mace? The cooking pot, mortar, pestle, and totem also train Mace. OK, looks like it might be this known bug.

Another thing, is it intentional that bone leggings and greaves can be worn at the same time? (Having thought about it - it makes sense that chain leggings at least wouldn't be "SHAPED".)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:22:55 pm by Ziusudra »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2017, 11:24:02 pm »

Pbbbt. That sounds like Toady broke bapping people to death with random crap. :V

As for leggings? Yes, all leggings are set to not have the [SHAPED] token in this mod. I could do like in Kobold Kamp and add a second version of leggings that players craft, and make reactions craft one or the other on a case-by-case basis, but I'm not sure if it's that big a deal. I would assume that bones even being usable for leggings already only make sense if you're splitting the bones into small scales or lames... :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2017, 12:27:38 am »

Drinking "homemade" alcohol doesn't satisfy the Drink Alcohol need

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2017, 01:09:52 am »

Drinking "homemade" alcohol doesn't satisfy the Drink Alcohol need

Aw hell. That doesn't make any sense because it produces the exact same stuff as the fortress-mode brewing, even using the same material reaction product.

Have you tested whether the same brews stolen from taverns affect the need?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2017, 12:31:26 am »

Helping myself to some dwarven wine at a fortress DID fulfill the need

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2017, 12:45:09 am »

Strange. I swear, why do I get all the weird bugs? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »

It's not a bug, its a feature. Homebrew booze can't be as good as the ones made by real dwarf chefs, therefore, you character doesn't get satisfied at all.  :D

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2017, 02:43:00 am »

It's not a bug, its a feature. Homebrew booze can't be as good as the ones made by real dwarf chefs, therefore, you character doesn't get satisfied at all.  :D

Quite belatedly, that is derp. ;w;

On a less belated, but not related, note...I discovered what makes people send the player off to kill reptile man mayors and other law-abiding citizens of surfaced cave-furry tribes. Turns out it's their biome info making them count as subterranean critters, same reason dwarves will sometimes send the player to murder innocent gorlak citizens.

Sadly, this token is what's allowing adventure mode to still exist in worlds where the surface world is an unplayable hellhole.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2017, 03:52:06 pm »

Sadly, this token is what's allowing adventure mode to still exist in worlds where the surface world is an unplayable hellhole.

You mean a !!FUN ZONE!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33