Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145180 times)

Murdath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2017, 06:47:41 pm »

Ha! I thought it was part of Adventurecraft as I had to claim a site to make the workbench for carpentry. I never really did anything other than becoming a heartsperson and kill stuff, get cursed, kill more stuff and then become a necromancer, so I had no clue what claiming sites could do for me.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »

Nooope, construction in adventure mode and claiming sites are hardcoded stuff.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Murdath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »

Does Stoneskin stack? It would make sense since you get 3 per extraction. I wonder how many it would take to have arrows glance off a birth suit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2017, 11:46:54 pm »

Sadly no, didn't give them the token that allows intensity to stack. Main reason it gives 3 is for consistency since a flask holds 3. Plus in case the player doesn't like using the "infinite refills" exploit. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Murdath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »

The effects of the mega beast extracts are not permanent, I wish I knew that I wouldn't have used it randomly. I guess it's not worth crossing all the map to visit the last remaining maze.
The weapons that use striking are nice, I've tried the knuckle and the katar so far.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2017, 05:53:58 pm »

More reason I love that exploit. :V

The unarmed weapons are thanks to Jackie on the DF Discord, after some tweaking due to their originally having cooked up several different weapons. I'd pondered the idea of unarmed weapons before, but never attempted any work on them before.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bolverkr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »

Where does, say, megabeast scale or chitin armor compare to steel? What about bone?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2017, 01:17:28 pm »

At the moment leather, chitin, scale, and such range from just a bit better than iron or bronze, to comparable to or slightly better than steel at the higher range. Up at that high range the yield values (the part the determines weapon/armor damage) become superior, while the fracture values (which seem to have a lesser but still important effect on damage calculation) are still below that of steel.

Bone, shell, and skull are up there in that high range (superior), while teeth, claws, and such are at the very top. Idea there is that killing one megabeast makes the adventurer a much bigger threat to future megabeasts and harder to kill with normal weapons, but megabeasts can still threaten said adventurer.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bolverkr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »

Do these values transfer over to weapons? For example, would a tooth sword more dangerous than that of steel?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2017, 06:38:33 pm »

Seeing as you can't make tooth armor...yeah. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bolverkr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2017, 07:39:48 pm »

One more question, I know, sorry. Killed a Titan with deadly spittle. Drank essence to see what would happen. Saw no discernible effects, and couldn't figure out if I could apply it to weapons. Could you help me understand how poisons and randomly generated Titan essences work?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2017, 07:43:10 pm »

@Random_Dragon: Was thinking about upping max edge on stone and bone. I noticed you've got stone at 5k. Have you felt that was a good cut value versus unarmored? Was 10k too much?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »

Hmm. If the return was described as "failed" then it means whatever poison the titan has didn't use the POISON local material that titan/FB/demon extracts normally use. Which might be a sign that deadly spittle is coded to use the SPIT local_mat name. If it DOESN'T use the default, effectless failed extract then it's a complete and utter crapshoot.

However, most titan effects are coded with its contact effects in mind. That means a high chance that the effects are localized, barring stuff like unconsciousness and other effects that outright can't be local. As I've found out, localized effects are ignored if you ingest the material.

@peasant_cretin: default stone template has 5000 max_edge, I've since moved the buffed max edges, along with the buffed shear values, to all the tier+ stones.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:22 pm »

Just popping in to say I'm back to playing this mod on a Jaguarman adventurer. I'm basically a Kaijit Dovahkin from Skyrim, but without the shouts and other magic. I'm the head of a guard force working out of Magicfurnace and we've killed two lesser dragons, a cyclops, a gorlak, and one human bandit clan. The only kills I personally made so far are five humans, but I call myself a Dovahkin because I decked my character out in lesser dragon scales, and lesser dragon skulls. Like a dragonskull helmet AND a dragonskull mask. It's hilarious. Dragonscale armor, and dragonscale high boots, too. I'm dual wielding a shale ax and a dragontooth long sword.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2017, 11:46:56 am »

Nice. What next, a dragonskull guitar? XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33