Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145208 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2017, 12:11:40 pm »

Yeah, the possibility (dunno if confirmed) of display stands being constructable in adventure mode means some extra vanilla crafting options will exist, which might have a lot more potential for modding depending on HOW it's handled.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

Last thing I did with Danger was finish the lodge and kill a pack of wolves. I've gathered all the crafts I made for sale, but I don't really have any towns in reach. They all seem to be fortresses, which I detest. This is a human civ. There should be towns somewhere.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2017, 01:55:55 am »

And now...YAHAHA!

Unfortunately nothing of note seems useful for this mod, though expanding the Resurfaced some via some variety of animals might be in the works soon. However, FUCK the idea of giving them caves, they are a pain in the ass to leave. ;~;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01/.44.02] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2017, 12:13:41 pm »

Are you thinking of making metal armor craftable? I noticed that we can disassemble metal objects, but we can't make anything out of the dismantled metal. I remember wanderer's friend having something like that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

Are you thinking of making metal armor craftable? I noticed that we can disassemble metal objects, but we can't make anything out of the dismantled metal. I remember wanderer's friend having something like that.

Carpenter's workshop, all the other metalworking recipes have been workshop-shifted. Sadly carpenter's workshop is the only workshop the player can build.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2017, 02:36:16 pm »

Thanks! I didn't think to even check the carpenter's workshop.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »

Yeah, I'll admit it's not that helpful of me, but does make the basic crafting menu less cluttered. @.@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2017, 06:21:50 am »

I played an adventure with this mod for probably 200+ hours and it's absolutely great  :)  Next time through I'm going to mod in gauntlets & gloves and probably 2H swords too.
The mod also has an especially Fun synergy with Knight Otu's Random Raw Scripts, because all of the RNG creatures end up being made of ++ body mats.  It can get crazy if they're undead though because if they're bigger than horse-sized or so it's practically impossible to sever any bony limbs or crush the skull.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2017, 09:41:22 am »

Gauntlets and gloves aren't in because if you want them to actually be wearable, you need to have a DFHack script called fix-handedness running.

EDIT: Spelling, 10 days later. Thank's Random_Dragon.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:28:07 pm by ☼Another☼ »

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

I know.  It's easy to fix them though, and unless you're dwarf-sized it's hopeless to find good hand protection in-game.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »

I played an adventure with this mod for probably 200+ hours and it's absolutely great  :)  Next time through I'm going to mod in gauntlets & gloves and probably 2H swords too.
The mod also has an especially Fun synergy with Knight Otu's Random Raw Scripts, because all of the RNG creatures end up being made of ++ body mats.  It can get crazy if they're undead though because if they're bigger than horse-sized or so it's practically impossible to sever any bony limbs or crush the skull.

Yeah, that's due to making it so the standard vanilla material templates have the swole strength, while instead defining differently-named material templates used by all the other raw-defined creatures. This is how titans, demons etc get their super-strong materials.

The two-handed swords thing was admittedly just me not wanting too badly clog up the reactions menu, since then I've heavily fiddled with submenus to make each more readable (I hope), so I could probably add them.

Guantlets and gloves are in because if you want them to actually be wearable, you need to have a DFHack script called fix-handedness running.

Aren't, you mean. But yeah, the "there's a DFHack script" discussion about this waaay back on the first page, though I think I've since eaten my old replies to the suggestion to move changelog and appendices to them due to post length. Basically, I prefer my released mods being as accessible as possible, with as few external tools required as possible. Okay that and I've been putting off really doing much with DFHack due to distractions and laziess. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2017, 01:22:35 am »

I found a mistake in material_template_default.txt for leather +
Line 2445:
Code: [Select]
[SHEAR_YIELD:70000] -- was 15 to 37 MPa in animal byproducts net pdf
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:26250]
Fracture should always be > yield.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2017, 02:39:55 pm »

Ah, odd. Seems I might've messed that one up a bit. As you can likely see, the other value is a lot closer to the value of the vanilla template, reflecting the intent of mid-tier being only marginally better than normal leather.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:49 pm »

If you ever overcome the laziness, do it as an optional patch and you can still be accessible. Those who want gauntlets can get DFHack and the patch, and everyone else can skip it.

I'll grab this again when there's a fixer patch for Adventure mode. Right now it's horribly broken.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:51 pm »

...hmm. That could work. Will track down the gauntlet-fixing script and test it out. Bit extreme describing it as horribly broken due to lack of gauntlets. ;~;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33