Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144314 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01/.44.02] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2017, 02:38:45 am »

Well, er. I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I did add two-handed swords to crafting options earlier. Bad news is autofixhandedness kinda...doesn't work anymore.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2017, 01:37:03 pm »

Um, no, not lack of gauntlets. Reports I've heard about adventure mode in general paint it as a broken mess, since nobody wants to fight right now due to a bug that makes everyone in adventure mode act like a spy keeping their cover.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2017, 02:37:42 pm »

Um, no, not lack of gauntlets. Reports I've heard about adventure mode in general paint it as a broken mess, since nobody wants to fight right now due to a bug that makes everyone in adventure mode act like a spy keeping their cover.

Oh. Doh. Sorry. @.@

Well I've since been scrambling trying to get this working. And failing miserably. It doesn't help that DFHack is doing the exact opposite of what people are telling me it'll do, via not giving me ANY debug info in the console when I try to fuck around with the script.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2017, 12:35:04 am »

Muahahahaha!!!

Taking on a manticore alone is suicidal, but bring twelve friends along and the fucker goes down. Goes down hard, but goes down. Bleed 'em out. I cut my way to his guts and cut into them while he bled out.

Helmet, armor, needle, waterskin, and essence of trickery are all mine because of that one kill. Which is great because I'm a leopard man surrounded by humans and all their gear is too big.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2017, 06:25:11 am »

Is the mod usable at this stage? I ask because I read someone saying it's currently "a broken mess" because nobody wants to fight?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2017, 08:54:53 am »

Oh this mod is fine. From what I've heard from others, it's DF Adventure Mode itself that is broken right now. If you aren't experiencing that brokenness yourself, then by all means enjoy the mod.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:29 am »

Taking on a manticore alone is suicidal, but bring twelve friends along and the fucker goes down. Goes down hard, but goes down. Bleed 'em out. I cut my way to his guts and cut into them while he bled out.

Nice. Admittedly as far as additional critters are concerned, manticores are on the mundane side compared to the pain-in-the-ass-to-balance stuff like eternal things and shoggoths. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2017, 12:03:38 am »

Agreed. I won't touch a Shoggoth without Draconic Fury, or mixing Spellcraft mod in there and learning spells for that fight.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2017, 02:20:36 am »

Agreed. I won't touch a Shoggoth without Draconic Fury, or mixing Spellcraft mod in there and learning spells for that fight.

Not helped by my handling of it, due to the fine line between "falls apart instantly" and "impossible to kill," making it essentially a puzzle boss. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2017, 09:07:00 am »

Next time I'm staying within sight of the bastard when I burn it to death. I didn't witness it last time, and lost out on the rumor spreading.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:18 pm »

New world, new adventurer. Tigerman as usual. I love them too much not to be one. ONLY disadvantage is not being able to share gear, but that's okay. I'm a Demigod point level but a peasant in social standing. I got a bunch of info from some local traveler in my hamlet, and went out after a nearby treant. On the way in, I found lots of elephants. I'd grabbed sling stones and arrows and practiced my throwing against a muscular elephant. I didn't put any points into that skill, so I was starting off completely unskilled. By the last of my stones and arrows, I'd disabled the elephant's legs, and leveled up my throwing to novice.

I tore that elephant apart with my scimitar and made it into armor and a helmet, as well as an ivory spear for throwing. Then I went onto the treant. At first it was a draw, but after a while I nailed the damn beast in the stumps and made it fall over. Took a mix of throwing and stabbing, but eventually that one died and I carved his ++wood into a shield to beat the bronze one I started with.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2017, 10:26:50 pm »

Nice. Recently been mucking around when I noticed some weirdness with plump helmet men. Fixed for now.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Adventurecraft compatible with the Fortress mode? I'd like to alternate between adventure and fortress mode in the same world, but I don't know if that's possible. For example, on the Wiki page I see this bug acknowledgement:

"The addition of faked granite for outsiders adds an unusable material to the forge in fortress mode. "

Is that bad?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:20:55 pm by ivanovic »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Others have fiddled with Adventurecraft worlds in fortress mode before, and it seems to work fine. The bug you mentioned is that, due to some stuff to make outsiders start with cheap stone weapons instead of copper, there's a material that looks like granite, has the strength of granite, but is otherwise unobtainable and technically counts as a metal.

The forges however still list ALL metals that exist on paper as options to craft stuff out of, even if they can't be obtained. It has no effect on fortress mode gameplay, it's just an oddity looking at the forge menu, ordering some furniture, and seeing the unusable option to forge stuff out of "granite" in addition to the normal metals.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

You know, you could make it so "granite" is only the adjective name, and the noun name is "unusable metal", or something.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33